Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topgun

Kyle Zimmer - SP KC

They said his Form of the injury is the least worrisome, unlike Harvey and others that have had it. He'll be back, I think reliever is his only hope for the future 

I'm sure the royals were hoping his shoulder issues were behind him after having surgery last year. It may have been precautionary but it is concerning

Royals prospect Kyle Zimmer leaves minor-league start because of shoulder soreness

when Zimmer was drafted a few years back he Had a bright future ahead of him. I'm not sure what's happening to him over these last few years. I've been holding him and was hoping last seasons surgery would correct his problem. Then after 10 innngs he is back on the DL and there hasn't been an update in 3+ weeks. I imagine that even if he makes it back to the mound the Royals will limit his innings for awhile and he'll eventually settle into a relief role. Is this the end for him? Safe to drop in a dynasty league? 

17 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

when Zimmer was drafted a few years back he Had a bright future ahead of him. I'm not sure what's happening to him over these last few years. I've been holding him and was hoping last seasons surgery would correct his problem. Then after 10 innngs he is back on the DL and there hasn't been an update in 3+ weeks. I imagine that even if he makes it back to the mound the Royals will limit his innings for awhile and he'll eventually settle into a relief role. Is this the end for him? Safe to drop in a dynasty league? 

he's been dropped in mine and no one claimed him. but i'm kind of hovering over him waiting to pick him up when i get a chance, at the first whiff of positive news. this recent shoulder soreness hasn't been diagnosed as anything serious. possible it might just be a bump in the road on the way back from the thoracic outlet. 

he's probably toast / a reliever like you say, but so good, hard to give up on

3 hours ago, wily mo said:

he's been dropped in mine and no one claimed him. but i'm kind of hovering over him waiting to pick him up when i get a chance, at the first whiff of positive news. this recent shoulder soreness hasn't been diagnosed as anything serious. possible it might just be a bump in the road on the way back from the thoracic outlet. 

he's probably toast / a reliever like you say, but so good, hard to give up on

Thats exactly why I've been holding. He has front of the rotation stuff but he can't stay healthy. It just doesn't end with this guy.  Some of his other injuries seemed like nothing too and we know how they turned out. How can one guy get hurt so much? He has pitched under 100 innings total the last 3 seasons combined. I hate the lack of updates too 

Rant over 

for anyone out there who suffers from the same lack of knowledge re: how to quit kyle zimmer that i do, this came through about a week ago & i just now caught it:

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/royals-kyle-zimmer-nearing-return-from-injury/

Zimmer (shoulder) is able to throw without pain and may partake in a brief rehab stint in Arizona before returning to Triple-A Omaha, Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com reports.

Zimmer was placed on the 7-day disabled list on April 24 with shoulder soreness but is apparently feeling well enough to return to the Triple-A starting rotation in the near future. Prior to his injury, Zimmer had posted a 4.76 ERA over his first 5.2 innings.

this was posted on may 17, and it doesn't look like he's pitched in the ~8 days since, but assuming there haven't been any setbacks he should soon

no guarantee he'll stay healthy this time either of course but the fact that he got back to pain free throwing is a good sign that his shoulder wasn't just totally broken again

He's baaaaccckkkk!!!

Kyle Zimmer has been activated from the disabled list at Triple-A Omaha.
Zimmer missed close to two months due to ongoing shoulder troubles. The former first-round pick has logged just 15 1/3 professional innings over the last two years. Jun 13 - 4:47 PM

over/under on his next trip to the DL is set at 
15 days 
I'll take the under 

i'm seeing that he's been converted to relief

that's bad in the sense that the "justin verlander comps" dream is probably dead once and for all now

but maybe he has a better chance of staying healthy that way, and with KC's bullpen really not being what it used to be and them probably selling anyway, i think it makes him a pretty decent closer prospect

but, adjust your priorities accordingly. some people are into minor league relief prospects, some really aren't

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

link?

poldberg is the omaha manager, donny baarns is the omaha radio announcer