bheffner33

Colin Moran - 3B FLA

1st AB was a homer yesterday finishing 1-3 with a walk. Kid hit for high avg and RBI at UNC but only 13 homers last year. His defense seems legit enough to stay at 3B for the long haul and the Marlins definitely have a need there.

I think he'll wind up being what Logan Morrison was supposed to be. He'll hit for average, he'll get on base at a nice clip, and he'll have gap-to-gap power which will translate to 15-20 HRs. Mark Grace or Freddie Freeeman would be my comp for him.

I think he has more power than those names, if it keeps improving, which it should. He had the same ISO in college as Longoria. I think he will also have more value in OBP leagues as he walked alot in college. He isn't toolsy, he's a skilled batter.

Whether or not he sticks at 3B will be have a big impact on his value.

I think he'll wind up being what Logan Morrison was supposed to be. He'll hit for average, he'll get on base at a nice clip, and he'll have gap-to-gap power which will translate to 15-20 HRs. Mark Grace or Freddie Freeeman would be my comp for him.

Mark Grace with more power would be the best comparison. I think his K:BB will be 1:1

Mark Grace with more power would be the best comparison. I think his K:BB will be 1:1

no pressure on this kid right? mark grace with more power? kid has played ONE professional game, and we're saying he's going to be a better hitter than a 3-time all-star with a career avg of .302? and who struck out 642 times, compared to 1,075 walks in his career? I get we have reason to be excited here with a good prospect....but we need to tap the breaks a bit.

no pressure on this kid right? mark grace with more power? kid has played ONE professional game, and we're saying he's going to be a better hitter than a 3-time all-star with a career avg of .302? and who struck out 642 times, compared to 1,075 walks in his career? I get we have reason to be excited here with a good prospect....but we need to tap the breaks a bit.

He won't have Grace K/BB peripherals. As mentioned it will be 1:1, which is worse than Grace, but still good. Though, I don't think it's far fetched to project better power than Grace (who is career .139 ISO). I do agree We need to let Moran get some more PAs before make make further comparisons. But if everything turns out as expected, I can see him being better than Grace, no doubt...at least offensively.

He won't have Grace K/BB peripherals. As mentioned it will be 1:1, which is worse than Grace, but still good. Though, I don't think it's far fetched to project better power than Grace (who is career .139 ISO). I do agree We need to let Moran get some more PAs before make make further comparisons. But if everything turns out as expected, I can see him being better than Grace, no doubt...at least offensively.

I get the need to put power into the consideration, but if he's better than Grace, you're getting a perennial all-star. i'm not ready to make that leap with him yet (or most minor league players).

I get the need to put power into the consideration, but if he's better than Grace, you're getting a perennial all-star. i'm not ready to make that leap with him yet (or most minor league players).e

How about a park adjusted Chase Headley as a comp (taking out his one fluke power year)?

Yahoo obviously has no idea who this kid is....lmao

oa2OtCO.png

He actually has been hitting. He's probably not gonna impress that much though unless he can develop some power, although I do think OBP hitters are underrated sometimes.

Edited by And Won

Astros GM Jeff Luhnow believes 3B prospect Colin Moran is "one injury or slump" away from being called up to the majors.

Advice: Moran impressed the Astros in spring training with a .349 average over 43 at-bats. That success has carried into the regular season as the 23-year-old is hitting .342 with nine RBI in 11 games for Triple-A Fresno. "If [Tyler] White did not have the spring he had, there would have been a legitimate discussion about [Luis] Valbuena at 1B and Moran at 3B to open the year," said Luhnow. "He's on my shortlist." Moran should join Houston in tHe future."