Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

axles23

Long term 10 team roto dynasty league seeks one owner

Hey guys,

My long term dynasty league in year 8 seeks a new owner. One of our owners that has been with us since the beginning has gone missing. At this point we haven't heard from him in 2 months. This is not the type of league where you check in once a day, it's extremely active and this owner was always active. At this point we don't know what happened to him. As much as we'd love to give him more time, his absence is affecting a very tight race. He's already about 150 innings off pace and has some questionable hitters in his lineup. That being said, the team is still in 6th at 50 points (the leader is at 75). Keep in mind however, categories like ks, wins, etc., would get a boost anyways if he was on his innings pace.

About the team and league:

His big 3 are Carlos Gonzalez, Goldy, and Longoria but he also has guys like Pedroia and he franchised (you can franchise one player a year under 27 in your minors) Belt. He's got 3 closers (chapman, Rivera, and Nathan) and his SPs are guys like Buccholz, Shields, Iwakuma, Teheran, Cobb, etc.). Our minors system is 15 deep and although he traded a bunch of his prospects this season, he's still got some intriguing names (Starling, Jonathan Gray, Skaggs, Zach Lee, Olt, etc.) but I'm sure whomever takes over will get right on adding and dropping.

The roster setup (although we play on CBS) is the old espn lineup. C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, 5 OF, MI, UTIL, 9 P, 3 bench, 15 minors. It's 5 X 5 roto. The buy in ($15 of it goes to CBS) is $25 in year 1, $50 in year 2, and $100 in year 3 and beyond. We use leaguesafe for payments and payouts. It's a very active league (guys respond quickly) and some text back and forth or have worked deals over the phone (keep in mind it's been 8 years together). We do an offseason minors draft and and in season draft (for real life draftees of that year). We also have some fun stuff. We've had razzball and some other sites do mocks for us. It's a year round league with a lot of great, active owners.

Quite honestly, I've never been in this situation where an owner has just vanished. But we can't have an inactive team because every point counts and his team will impact this race. So I'm going to start interviewing potential fits for our league now. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at axles23@yahoo.com. Thanks guys!