Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SportsFanEvan

Carlos Correa - SS HOU

Honestly this thread is useless at this point. He'll be up in June. There's nothing else to say.

3 BB's and 2 SB's tonight. Plenty to say.

Carlos must have heard that guy who was pointing out he hadn't walked as much yet. He's pretty much ready.

From when he gets called up through the end of the season, which SS would you prefer over Correa?

Tulo

HanRam

Desmond?

Castro?

Semien?

Position is such a wasteland right now. I don't even know about the last 3 names on my list. Anyone I am missing?

From when he gets called up through the end of the season, which SS would you prefer over Correa?

Tulo

HanRam

Desmond?

Castro?

Semien?

Position is such a wasteland right now. I don't even know about the last 3 names on my list. Anyone I am missing?

Just Tulo and HanRam. Maybe Lowrie when he comes back lol. Maybe Kang if he keeps hitting. I'm drawing all sorts of blanks here.

Reyes has to be in the mix. I know he's been hurt but he has a track record.

Johnny Peralta batting cleanup and killing it. Correa has some monster upside, but hardly a shoe in for that this year.

Considering there is noone blocking Correa at SS on astros of any importance he will be up in june.

He absolutely destroyed that pitch from Zito. Wow

This is the problem with him at AAA. I know hat their excuse is that he needs more minor league ABs but facing washed up MLB pitchers and career minor leaguers isn't going to help his development. Add in the fact that the league is a ridiculous environment for hitters, hopefully he doesn't try to hit homers at every ABs.

AAA is actually has a ton of guys who do have major league experience. They just were not good enough for the Show. That is why it is usually a useful step for hitter. They get to see pitchers that pitch like major leagues. The raw stuff probably isn't as good as AA...but AA pitchers are usually not as refined. Works in progress/prospect pedigree comes from their projection mostly, ergo who scouts think they will become, not who they are right now.

That being said, it is the PCL. Which is joke for hitters.. so obviously it probably doesn't do as much good as it would in the International league..

I am well aware of the difference between AA and AAA. My point is that a lot of top prospects skip AAA for the reasons I stated. I don't think he needs to face AAA in order to be prepared for MLB pitching especially if his numbers are aided by the environment.

He absolutely destroyed that pitch from Zito. Wow

This is the problem with him at AAA. I know hat their excuse is that he needs more minor league ABs but facing washed up MLB pitchers and career minor leaguers isn't going to help his development. Add in the fact that the league is a ridiculous environment for hitters, hopefully he doesn't try to hit homers at every ABs.

AAA is actually has a ton of guys who do have major league experience. They just were not good enough for the Show. That is why it is usually a useful step for hitter. They get to see pitchers that pitch like major leagues. The raw stuff probably isn't as good as AA...but AA pitchers are usually not as refined. Works in progress/prospect pedigree comes from their projection mostly, ergo who scouts think they will become, not who they are right now.

That being said, it is the PCL. Which is joke for hitters.. so obviously it probably doesn't do as much good as it would in the International league..

I am well aware of the difference between AA and AAA. My point is that a lot of top prospects skip AAA for the reasons I stated. I don't think he needs to face AAA in order to be prepared for MLB pitching especially if his numbers are aided by the environment.

You can argue both side for if top hitting prospects should skip AAA or not. Some teams like to be aggressive..others take it as a process. I don't think its a worthless step..even in the PCL..

No use in us discussing this anymore. We know what the situation is and nothing we can really do about it..

If he is on your waivers/fa and you think u could use SS later this year then time to stash him is before june kicks in.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, May 25, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, May 25, 2015 - No reason given

i can tell by the picture/name of the person posting on this thread if the post will actually contain any useful information or if it's just another useless post.

i can tell by the picture/name of the person posting on this thread if the post will actually contain any useful information or if it's just another useless post.

Give yourself a round applause! Groundbreaking stuff here.

This was pretty useless...

So this was in rotoworlds Team By Team Notes article today.....

The Astros should be able to promote Carlos Correa in 7-10 days without any risk of him qualifying as a super-two arbitration case. There’s a good chance they’ll do so, and those that can pick him up in mixed leagues should go for it.

So IF he comes up...what SSs already in the majors would you rather have? I genuinely think he's in my top 5 ROS. I'm sure there will some growing pains but there are few SSs I'd trade him for right now even in the unknown stage.

So IF he comes up...what SSs already in the majors would you rather have? I genuinely think he's in my top 5 ROS. I'm sure there will some growing pains but there are few SSs I'd trade him for right now even in the unknown stage.

Could the same top 5 ROS have been said about Addison Russell prior to call up? It'll be interesting if he's a Russell or Bryant type fantasy impact player when he's up.

Could the same top 5 ROS have been said about Addison Russell prior to call up? It'll be interesting if he's a Russell or Bryant type fantasy impact player when he's up.

Eh even though I own Russell I never had massive hopes for him in the short run. He also projects more as a "help you a bit in all categories" type of fantasy SS and I think he has some time off until he hits his stride.

Russell has never projected as a fantasy stud, Correa has all the offensive tools, so its not a fair comparison. Hes more Bryant from a fantasy projection, but he will provide good if not great steals, and less power

only SS's I would definitely want ahead of him would be

Hanley, Tulo, Desmond maybe, but he could easily finish top 5 ROS, and maybe top 3

Russell has never projected as a fantasy stud, Correa has all the offensive tools, so its not a fair comparison. Hes more Bryant from a fantasy projection, but he will provide good if not great steals, and less power

only SS's I would definitely want ahead of him would be

Hanley, Tulo, Desmond maybe, but he could easily finish top 5 ROS, and maybe top 3

I think Russell has a chance to develop into a Ian Desmond-lite type of player. Good everywhere but not really sexy anywhere. Still a valuable fantasy SS, but yeah Correa definitely could be a fantasy stud from early on.

Funston of Yahoo baseball says Correa is likely less than two weeks away.

This 7-10 days thing that I first noticed yesterday is starting to pick up steam.

Its most likely a case of one person reporting it and then others running with it. We'll see. I would love to plug him in at SS to start a new week next monday (6/1)

I think we are about at the 2 week mark from it being any any day thing. Really comes down to how risk averse the Astros are. In exactly two weeks, they will have cleared 4 most recent years of time for Super-Two.

That said, I am certain there is more information out there about the number of first year call-ups already (besides the obvious... Bryant, Rodon, Russell, McCullers). Perhaps based on who has been called up already and who is projected to get called up, the teams have better information than I do about the projected 2018 Super-Two.

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves thinking Correa is going to have a fantasy impact this year... It's extremely uncommon for a 21 year old kid to get called up midseason and have an impact. Especially a kid that has only played 42 games above A ball and missed half of last year with a broken leg. I think we are forgetting just how difficult MLB pitching is compared to the minors.

In 13 games at AAA, Correa is hitting just .268 ... but yet some are expecting him to be an instant impact at MLB level? Eh...

I am very excited about his talent for the future, but for this year's fantasy baseball season I don't think he'll be an instant impact.

Even Mike Trout struggled to the tune of .220 Avg, .672 OPS in his first 40 game call up in 2011.

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves thinking Correa is going to have a fantasy impact this year... It's extremely uncommon for a 21 year old kid to get called up midseason and have an impact. Especially a kid that has only played 42 games above A ball and missed half of last year with a broken leg. I think we are forgetting just how difficult MLB pitching is compared to the minors.

In 13 games at AAA, Correa is hitting just .268 ... but yet some are expecting him to be an instant impact at MLB level? Eh...

I am very excited about his talent for the future, but for this year's fantasy baseball season I don't think he'll be an instant impact.

Even Mike Trout struggled to the tune of .220 Avg, .672 OPS in his first 40 game call up in 2011.

Mike Trout is never a fair comparison. And what you said is completely legit, but thats why the baseball season is 162 games, its not uncommon for stars to struggle for short periods of time, especially in a new league facing all brand new pitchers and dealing with alot of human (non baseball) factors. Nerves, pressure, etc.

But in hindsight, does anyone doubt that Trout probably would have hit .350 in his next 40 games had he been given that much time?