Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SportsFanEvan

Carlos Correa - SS HOU

However, I could also say that Correa is hitting around .300 with a .500 SLG after a three-game adjustment period upon first being promoted (it was .330 with a .550 slugging % before the last two games).

At any rate, I have Danny Santana at SS in a 14-team league (that counts OBP) with very stringent positional eligibility requirements (that is, there are no decent free agent options) and limited opportunities to pick up free agents. It wouldn't take much to improve on that. For people like me, the anticipation is justified.

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves thinking Correa is going to have a fantasy impact this year... It's extremely uncommon for a 21 year old kid to get called up midseason and have an impact. Especially a kid that has only played 42 games above A ball and missed half of last year with a broken leg. I think we are forgetting just how difficult MLB pitching is compared to the minors.

In 13 games at AAA, Correa is hitting just .268 ... but yet some are expecting him to be an instant impact at MLB level? Eh...

I am very excited about his talent for the future, but for this year's fantasy baseball season I don't think he'll be an instant impact.

Even Mike Trout struggled to the tune of .220 Avg, .672 OPS in his first 40 game call up in 2011.

Considering how poor SS is, yeah. And there have been plenty of guys who come up and hit well, Braun, Longoria, etc. not saying he will do that, but he's obviously ready. A couple of 0fers don't change that.

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves thinking Correa is going to have a fantasy impact this year... It's extremely uncommon for a 21 year old kid to get called up midseason and have an impact. Especially a kid that has only played 42 games above A ball and missed half of last year with a broken leg. I think we are forgetting just how difficult MLB pitching is compared to the minors.

In 13 games at AAA, Correa is hitting just .268 ... but yet some are expecting him to be an instant impact at MLB level? Eh...

I am very excited about his talent for the future, but for this year's fantasy baseball season I don't think he'll be an instant impact.

Even Mike Trout struggled to the tune of .220 Avg, .672 OPS in his first 40 game call up in 2011.

Considering how poor SS is, yeah. And there have been plenty of guys who come up and hit well, Braun, Longoria, etc. not saying he will do that, but he's obviously ready. A couple of 0fers don't change that.

I dunno, saying plenty of guys that come up and hit well right away and use Braun and Longoria as examples... I dont know, they are like the 5% or so that does that. Maybe less.

The bar to be a playable SS or MI in 12 team mixed leagues is pretty low, so he could be useful, but he's far from a guarantee for even modest production let alone elite.

I dunno, saying plenty of guys that come up and hit well right away and use Braun and Longoria as examples... I dont know, they are like the 5% or so that does that. Maybe less.

The bar to be a playable SS or MI in 12 team mixed leagues is pretty low, so he could be useful, but he's far from a guarantee for even modest production let alone elite.

There are plenty of guys who are just fine when they come up. I wouldn't bank on him being elite, but there seems to be a lot of either/or with these projections. How about he'll just be...ok? The bar Stevie brought up was being a contributing SS, and the reality is, it's a crap position. Which instantly makes Correa's meh production, useful production.

Obviously ready for MLB? He has played 42 games above A ball, how in the world can you call him obviously ready?

And no, there haven't been "plenty" of guys that have had instant impacts like that at 21 years old, it's rare... Even the guys you named, Braun was 23 when he came up, two years older, and he had almost 100 games at AA/AAA. Longo was a year older at 22 and he played 143 games at AA/AAA.

He's hitting .268 at AAA in just 13 games, but he's obviously ready for MLB?

I know shortstop is a very difficult position this year, but do you really expect him to be more than a fringe-rosterable player in 2015?

Tons of people were clammoring for Baez last year and look how he did down the stretch... different player with different issues, I know, but same concept.

I know shortstop is a very difficult position this year, but do you really expect him to be more than a fringe-rosterable player in 2015?

Im fine at SS. But I sure will have fun sticking him in my Util and finding out! And if he doesnt produce, Ill bench him! Upside baby!

Harper hit .270/.340 with 22 hr's and an .817 OPS at age 19. And we all know what Trout did at age 20. Dont deny it, Correa is on that level of prospect, he's even regarded higher than Trout was. Everyone knows its not guaranteed, but its definitely possible.

I dunno if Correa is regarded as highly as Trout was. Trout lost some shine because so many people were in love with Harper, but that doesn't mean expectations weren't really high for Trout too. I remember him going super high in a keeper league of mine before he exploded.

Obviously ready for MLB? He has played 42 games above A ball, how in the world can you call him obviously ready?

And no, there haven't been "plenty" of guys that have had instant impacts like that at 21 years old, it's rare... Even the guys you named, Braun was 23 when he came up, two years older, and he had almost 100 games at AA/AAA. Longo was a year older at 22 and he played 143 games at AA/AAA.

He's hitting .268 at AAA in just 13 games, but he's obviously ready for MLB?

Tons of people were clammoring for Baez last year and look how he did down the stretch... different player with different issues, I know, but same concept.

What does 42 games have to do with anything?

Two 0-4 nights and we're off the train?

Youre better than that, rotoworld ;)

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, May 27, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, May 27, 2015 - No reason given

I have reyes at ss... and once correa is up i will be starting correa over reyes any day any time.... plus reyes is gonna be hurt soon enough again for sure so...

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, May 27, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, May 27, 2015 - No reason given

I have reyes at ss... and once correa is up i will be starting correa over reyes any day any time.... plus reyes is gonna be hurt soon enough again for sure so...

yeah, im not sure thats a great idea. Could be, but I'd bet against it.

Correa has been a stud, is a stud, and will be a stud in MLB. Don't know how to assess his value this year in a re-draft, but I own him in a dynasty and there are very few current players who I'd trade him for. Special player, no doubt.

Astros shortstop prospect Carlos Correa broke an 0-for-8 slump by belting his third homer Tuesday for Triple-A Fresno.

Correa also gunned down a runner at home plate. The 20-year-old has shown he belongs by hitting .283 in his first 14 games at Triple-A. He's hitting second in a potent Fresno lineup and looks poised to be a big-time contributor. The Astros have done fine without him this season but there's certainly a chance Correa could play at the big league level this season.

Making it seem that a call-up is not inevitable. Astros could use the boost at short. Bring him up!

I can't see how the Astros dont call him up. Anyone can win the World Series, you go all in when you're in a position too and it's not like going all in for them is trading a bunch of prospects for some relievers either... It's calling up someone in their system.

Astros shortstop prospect Carlos Correa broke an 0-for-8 slump by belting his third homer Tuesday for Triple-A Fresno.

Correa also gunned down a runner at home plate. The 20-year-old has shown he belongs by hitting .283 in his first 14 games at Triple-A. He's hitting second in a potent Fresno lineup and looks poised to be a big-time contributor. The Astros have done fine without him this season but there's certainly a chance Correa could play at the big league level this season.
Making it seem that a call-up is not inevitable. Astros could use the boost at short. Bring him up!

I love RW but ive lost count of how many times Ive read a blurb, scratched my head and wondered if they knew what they were talking about. Last month they referred to Joc Pederson and Scott Van Slyke as "the modern day bash brothers".

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, May 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, May 28, 2015 - No reason given

And today Joc is the "obvious ROY favorite"

Joc in 148 ab's: .257/.390/.554 27/12/23/2

Bryant in 135 ab's: .281/.396/.489 26/7/31/5

Whats so obvious? If it was obvious Id say it was in Bryants favor.

K, Ill stop being a hater now.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, May 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, May 28, 2015 - No reason given

And today Joc is the "obvious ROY favorite"

Joc in 148 ab's: .257/.390/.554 27/12/23/2

Bryant in 135 ab's: .281/.396/.489 26/7/31/5

Whats so obvious? If it was obvious Id say it was in Bryants favor.

K, Ill stop being a hater now.

This is the Carlos Correa thread...

I love RW but ive lost count of how many times Ive read a blurb, scratched my head and wondered if they knew what they were talking about. Last month they referred to Joc Pederson and Scott Van Slyke as "the modern day bash brothers".

It has gotten so bad. It's just funny cause they obviously have multiple blurb writers that have such different opinions. I cringe every time I read one of their opinions.

Really struggling at the plate now. Not helping his chances for a call up