Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SportsFanEvan

Carlos Correa - SS HOU

Really struggling at the plate now. Not helping his chances for a call up

Not striking out more, so it's not a huge deal. Possible it delays things, but he wasn't coming up for another two weeks anyway (or so). He's ready, he's fine.

hitless in 5 of his last 7. expectations tempered

Seems like normal progression. AAA pitchers know how to sequence at a big-league level, and he's starting to face teams a second time. How quickly he adjusts back will be a preview of how he'll do at the big-league level if/when he gets the call. Striking out only twice in the last seven games is a very good sign - he's not being totally fooled.

Before people go bonkers, he was removed from the game early today. According to the official Fresno twitter account, it was only to give him a breather since he hasn't sat out a game since being moved to AAA.

Was 1-3 with a triple battling leadoff.

This week will be telling for Correa. If he makes adjustments and starts hitting the ball better, he'll line himself up for a recall the week after. If he continues to struggle, that may be delayed a bit. I can't see them recalling him unless he's playing well at AAA.

he will be called up this month(june), feel free to quote me in july:)

That June 12th date makes a ton of sense actually. I think we see him then

FWIW, Tim Kurkjian said on Baseball Tonight today that he'll be up in a month.

Not in line-up today and team immediately posts a tweet about him getting a day off.

taken out of a game early coupled with a day off. hmmmm.

They are saying now that he is a little banged up from the play at the plate after attempted to tag up at home. Sore ankle. Being held out described at "precautionary". Guess we'll know tomorrow.

They are saying now that he is a little banged up from the play at the plate after attempted to tag up at home. Sore ankle. Being held out described at "precautionary". Guess we'll know tomorrow.

Without knowing which ankle he hurt this year I'm not surprised that they are being cautious given his ankle injury last year.

Without knowing which ankle he hurt this year I'm not surprised that they are being cautious given his ankle injury last year.

He took BP today and is supposed to be available off the bench, so they are definitely playing this one cautiously overall.

Actually now being called a sore right heel. Not close to where he fractured his right leg.

He took BP today and is supposed to be available off the bench, so they are definitely playing this one cautiously overall.

Actually now being called a sore right heel. Not close to where he fractured his right leg.

Whew. Now THAT could delay his eta. Not hitting in 4 games, or whatever, should have no bearing as long as he isn't suddenly having a k rate spike or something.

Beat writer for Astros was just on MLB network talking about Correa's timetable. He said most likely by the end of June and he made it sound like since they were in first place there isn't as much urgency to make the call. Fongool.

Starting to seem like super 2 will not be the target. Injury combined with performance so far at AAA and then throw in the fact that Houston keeps winning. Looking like they might wait until July or later at this point.

We still holding in redrafts? Been waiting on this guy forever it seems.

Let's at least wait until super-2 reasonably past before making pronouncements about it being significantly delayed.

In redrafts, id trade him if you got a pretty good player. No guarantee when he's up or if he crushes it. It's not out of the realm he puts up similiar production to Russell to start.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, June 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, June 3, 2015 - No reason given

this is going to hurt....but I'm dropping tonight. can't afford to hold any longer :unsure::angry::(

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 2, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 2, 2015 - No reason given

this is going to hurt....but I'm dropping tonight. can't afford to hold any longer :unsure::angry::(

Really? I think you have a very strong team aside from your SP. I think you could probably trade Cespedes or Trumbo with one of your closers for some SP help and free a slot up that way. You could also drop Matz... no clue if he's coming up or not. Or how he'll perform.

Sorry for the bench help stuff.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, June 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, June 3, 2015 - No reason given

In certain circumstances I see dropping him buuuuttttt I'm in first place, i have the room and could use a SS bump. Keep the faith!

"I've got a golden tiiiiccckkkeeetttt"