Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SportsFanEvan

Carlos Correa - SS HOU

Let's at least wait until super-2 reasonably past before making pronouncements about it being significantly delayed.

I'm thinking his ETA is now summer 2031

Let's at least wait until super-2 reasonably past before making pronouncements about it being significantly delayed.

I'm thinking his ETA is now summer 2031

Kid is 20 years old. Relax.

If he is not hurt he will be up this month, thats my view.

well Gonzalez just hit into a DP with the bases loaded to end the inning

i still think if Correa comes back the next couple of days and starts hitting, he'll be up with the big league club

they would be dumb not to

he did play on Tuesday. I checked the game log on MiLB.com and it says he went 1-4

Yep, injury seems to be minor and nbd. Still on schedule for June 12 imo.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, June 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, June 3, 2015 - No reason given

this is going to hurt....but I'm dropping tonight. can't afford to hold any longer :unsure::angry::(

uh, that was dumb.

Solid game tonight.

2 for 3, 1 double, 1 run, 1 RBI, 2 walks. In case you were interested and didn't want to track down the box score.

Preparing for his arrival into my fantasy lineup! (al only league)

Watched the Stros game a little last night and the O's commentators were discussing the Astros' SS woes and mentioned a kid named Carlos Correa - got me a little excited to hear the O's guys talking about him.

I love his K/BB ratio. 10BB to 14K's since Triple A. It was about the same ratio in Double A. To have that kind of plate discipline at 20 is amazing.

There's certainly been more buzz outside of the fantasy baseball world which has gotten me even more excited. Like mentioned above, with other teams announcers and broadcasters talking about this guy, you have to think the call is right around the corner. COME ON JUNE 12TH!!!!

The other issue here is the fiscal one. The Astros are a good team, but they aren't selling enough tickets. Correa gives them a young potential superstar to call up in the middle of a strong playoff push... just as Houston schools are finishing for the year. The baseball decision not withstanding, the team needs to build the faith of their followers that they are making their best effort to put a winner in the field today.

At this stage, I will be surprised if he's not up by June 21st or so. If he hits well this week, I think June 12 is the obvious date.

Anyone worried that the Astros are 22-13 (.629 winning percentage) since Jed Lowrie went down, and are leading the Angels by 6 games? It seems to be with that success and with the way Lowrie was hitting in April the Astros could penny-pinch and wait another month or so and have Lowrie back in the lineup rather than start the clock on Correa.

Might be off-base speculation, I have zero stocks invested and haven't followed the situation too closely. I just want to have a chance to see him play in the bigs.

Anyone worried that the Astros are 22-13 (.629 winning percentage) since Jed Lowrie went down, and are leading the Angels by 6 games? It seems to be with that success and with the way Lowrie was hitting in April the Astros could penny-pinch and wait another month or so and have Lowrie back in the lineup rather than start the clock on Correa.

Might be off-base speculation, I have zero stocks invested and haven't followed the situation too closely. I just want to have a chance to see him play in the bigs.

with the articles on fangraphs that show Correa would actually increase the Stros current WAR at SS with Villar/M Gonzalez/Lowrie (obviously someone in the stros front office has this analytic material that shows this as well), the opportunity to make more $ at your home ballpark by bringing up a trout-like prospect, and the fact the kid is must see tv..........i think around June 12th ill be rosterbating a lot in my keeper league

In a poll of 16 MLB Executives by SI where they were asked to choose which player, Kris Bryant or Carlos Correa, they would choose to start a franchise, 1 said coin flip, 7 took Bryant, and 8 took Correa. Mildly surprising.

Also, nothing noteworthy, but yeah:

#Astros Luhnow on Carlos Correa: if he keeps going he'll have a chance to help what we are doing here this summer

I'm surprised it wasn't higher in favor of Correa. Correa plays a premium position, has power, speed, a plus hit tool and glove. Bryant has more power than Correa but what else?

I'm surprised it wasn't higher in favor of Correa. Correa plays a premium position, has power, speed, a plus hit tool and glove. Bryant has more power than Correa but what else?

Power of the Kris Bryant kind is rare. Also, Bryant has a little longer record of demonstrated greatness. All I can think of.

villar/margo combination going 0-for-5 so far today with 2 k's, 3 lob.

villar/margo combination going 0-for-5 so far today with 2 k's, 3 lob.

Yea I checked that today today. Definitely helps the cause...

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 5, 2015 - No reason given

Who is the more likely to receive a call up in the next two weeks or so - Baez or Correa?

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, June 5, 2015 - No reason given

Who is the more likely to receive a call up in the next two weeks or so - Baez or Correa?

I think both could honestly. Baez probably first.