Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Does drafting him screw up your %s?

If you look at last 2 months he was playing 36mins with 45% n 72%. That sound bout right to me upcoming season.

Not great but nothing to worry about imo.

I'm worried about his minutes. Anyone think he'll average what he did after the allstar break? It was something like 17. points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.4 blocks, etc

Was watching the Pacers Magic game and the Indiana commentators said that Harris would be out a couple of weeks with the ankle sprain. Can anyone confirm? They did actually talk to him themselves so it might be true, a bummer if hes out that long.

Was watching the Pacers Magic game and the Indiana commentators said that Harris would be out a couple of weeks with the ankle sprain. Can anyone confirm? They did actually talk to him themselves so it might be true, a bummer if hes out that long.

whaaat really? That would be brutal.

I don't see anything on twitter about him missing 2 weeks..they must have said a couple of games.

I've not seen or heard anything to that effect yet, and I've been listening to the Magic broadcast of the game.

A couple of games would make sense, they play again tomorrow so there's a decent chance he will miss that game too, just as a precaution.

The only player I heard the Indiana commentators talk about in terms of missing weeks was Danny Granger. I remember them talking about Tobias and Glen Davis being out, but I missed it if they divulged a timetable for either player.

I think you misheard. It looks like he will be back in the next 3 games.

I'm worried about his minutes. Anyone think he'll average what he did after the allstar break? It was something like 17. points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.4 blocks, etc

No. He will average around 30 mpg minimum, and that should go up once Davis get injured.

Plus depth charts have him listed as the starter

http://espn.go.com/nba/depth

http://www.rotoworld...charts/nba.aspx

Posted · Hidden by Tarheels_2433, October 30, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Tarheels_2433, October 30, 2013 - No reason given

Just got an answer from one of their beat writers:

Josh Robbins

No chance that Tobias plays tonight. Team didn't disclose a timetable, but could be more than a week. Sprained ankle

Just got an answer from one of their beat writers:

Josh Robbins

No chance that Tobias plays tonight. Team didn't disclose a timetable, but could be more than a week. Sprained ankle

Good reporting bturn. My streak of always picking atleast one player to start the year with a moderate-severe injury continues unabated!

This rotation just feels too crowded for him to really kill it this year. I like him if someone gets hurt, but until then...lean times.

I still think he will beast. I would rather him take off the first few games in-order to avoid "nagging" injuries. He is talented so once he plays, there is no doubt that he will carve out time for himself. He may have to shake off some rust but he will be fine.

If you need a filler, try looking at Markief Morris, or Demarre Carroll until Harris gets on track.

Whatever you do, DON'T DROP HIM

This guy can create on his own and multiple ways to score. They may only have two players who can do that on this team and that is important, him and Oladipo. They appear to be building on those two and Vucevic, so all this negative talk seems to be just people who have jitters and are tripping. It's a long season.

they will hold him out as long as possible. they are tanking. right now they will play jameer, afflalo, and maxiell as much as possible to showcase them as trade bait. once they are gone tobias, victor, and nicholson/davis will get all the minutes down the stretch.

Anyone have any idea when this kid is actually coming back? I have a feeling he'll be out longer than expected..

I need you to play tomorrow young man. I expect to see you at the game.

I'm totally cool with him not playing for awhile but we need an update or something, if only because ESPN still has him listed as DTD (and therefore ineligible for IR,) I don't get all the secrecy and now I'm starting to really worry.