Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

If you drop him, its like giving someone in your league a Rudy Gay type player for free. Im holding on.

100% agree, Patience will pay off for anyone willing to wait for talent like Harris. If anyone is on the fence, check out his game log for the 2nd half of the season last year. There is no one on waivers that can come close to those numbers,

it sucks real bad right now. I am at #1 after the first week, but I have Kobe on my team too. They both might come back around thanksgiving.

Despite that I led my league in Points, Asts, and Stls. I was #4 at rebounds but it was nothing more than a+20 difference between me and the #1 guy, so once Harris and Kobe are back I should be good.

Its the wait that sucks. Considering that he was my 7th round pick, its a little annoying.

LOL if you're dropping him at this point in the season you are a fool thats the bottom line.

It all depends on your league setting. I am in a 14 team H2H daily transaction league with limit moves. Each team carry a 9 men roster. It's hard to play with one man short every week, so I have to drop him and pickup a productive players immediately.

If ur in a 14 tem league, probably not much on ur waiver wire. I would not drop him unless ur in a 10 team league

It all depends on your league setting. I am in a 14 team H2H daily transaction league with limit moves. Each team carry a 9 men roster. It's hard to play with one man short every week, so I have to drop him and pickup a productive players immediately.

I disagree with you so much. H2H leagues are the ones you CAN'T justify dropping him!

In a rotisserie league with a short bench and daily lineups where games played are gold, then I could understand. (although would still disagree).

I have him, and I admit, it sucks like hell with him being injured and having to wait. But even if he misses 10 or 12 games, that still leaves me with a possible 70+ games of production. Plus, his upside is very high. It will be worth the wait even tho it sucks waiting.

No matter how cliche' it may sound, patience is a virtue, especially in fantasy sports

Just dropped in my league. think I'll be dropping Gerald Henderson for him. sheesh...same guy dropped George Hill....decisions!

I disagree with you so much. H2H leagues are the ones you CAN'T justify dropping him!

In a rotisserie league with a short bench and daily lineups where games played are gold, then I could understand. (although would still disagree).

Can't agree more. Big mistake with the drop

I joined the forum to get a read on what others think of Tobias. I've been getting nervous with the lack of communication from the magic about his injury as well as the logjam at PF. Can't lie. It's been hard to stay patient having both Beverley and Tobias on my team. Good to know everyone feels he's too good to drop.

I joined the forum to get a read on what others think of Tobias. I've been getting nervous with the lack of communication from the magic about his injury as well as the logjam at PF. Can't lie. It's been hard to stay patient having both Beverley and Tobias on my team. Good to know everyone feels he's too good to drop.

In a 10-team league I would definitely drop Beverley and most likely drop Tobias as well. It's a different story for 12-team or more leagues. The general consensus is to hold him in 12-team leagues, but in 10-team leagues it is very debateable if he should be held or not.

If ur in a 14 tem league, probably not much on ur waiver wire. I would not drop him unless ur in a 10 team league

It's 14 teams but only 9 players = 126 rostered players

By comparision, 10 teams with 13 players (seems to be the standard)= 130 rostered players.

Anyways, I'm holding him at least until Mid-December. If he has a sprained ankle and hasn't returned by them, it's Steph Curry, Part II and officially time to cut bait. I don't see any way that happens though.

LOL if you're dropping him at this point in the season you are a fool thats the bottom line.

You're wrong. If you don't drop Tobias in a 8-man league you are a fool now that's the bottom line.

I strongly suggest people to HOLD:

20pts 1-3pt 10reb 3ast 1stl 1blk

Those were his averages the last 10 games of the season as a starter.

Sucks that I have Tobias, Kobe, Dragic & J.R. Smith. Already dropped Patrick Beverly and Wilson Chandler for Miles Plumlee and Lance Stephenson. I'm really short on players this week as I'm missing four. Really considering of dropping Tobias but don't want to regret it at the end..... Marion, Joe Johnson & Danny Green are all available for pickup.

How long is he expected to be out? The talk of everyone holding onto him here makes me want to run to the FA pool and grab him.

He sprained his ankle two weeks ago. They are calling it a severe sprain. I think he will be out for maybe two weeks

How long is he expected to be out? The talk of everyone holding onto him here makes me want to run to the FA pool and grab him.

I would pick him up. He could easily end up being your 3-4th best player once he comes back and is healthy.

Sucks that I have Tobias, Kobe, Dragic & J.R. Smith. Already dropped Patrick Beverly and Wilson Chandler for Miles Plumlee and Lance Stephenson. I'm really short on players this week as I'm missing four. Really considering of dropping Tobias but don't want to regret it at the end..... Marion, Joe Johnson & Danny Green are all available for pickup.

Tell us more, please.

Wow. Brilliant way of decorating the basic, "Should I drop Harris for Marion, Johnson, or Green?" into a paragraph question. You must be an English Major. Or just one clever dude.

Update:

Tobias Harris (sprained ankle) is no longer wearing a walking boot but he doesn't have a return date and said "it's going to take some time."

"I have to get back to where I want to be and back into the top shape I was in and get back out on the floor," said Harris, who is unable to push off the injured left ankle. The Magic don't give timetables for injured players but Harris' own quotes suggest his return isn't imminent.