Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Perhaps vaughn prefers this lineup because of Vucevic's poor defensive ability. O'quinn gives you a big body and a shot blocking presence inside, it might not be working in the short term but you can kind of see the angle he may be looking at. Harris can be the #1 option off the bench and in the future be used as a dominant PF presence to close out games.

You need a defensive anchor and Vucevic is not that, i think Vaughn is trying to find his anchor as its not going to come from the C position

oquinn was in foul trouble...

Well **** him, Tobias would kick his a$$. Dumb coach starting that bum over Tobias.

Well **** him, Tobias would kick his a$$. Dumb coach starting that bum over Tobias.

There is no doubt Harris has more potential and is a better player than O'quinn but every team needs a balance of players in different roles and unless your D'antoni you value defense and you need someone to provide it. i wouldnt worry Harris will get his, he will develop and get there but the magic need a defensive presence as much as they need a 4 who can score. When Vucevic is putting up 15-20ppg and your bench mob isnt great its a legit thing to consider

There is no doubt Harris has more potential and is a better player than O'quinn but every team needs a balance of players in different roles and unless your D'antoni you value defense and you need someone to provide it. i wouldnt worry Harris will get his, he will develop and get there but the magic need a defensive presence as much as they need a 4 who can score. When Vucevic is putting up 15-20ppg and your bench mob isnt great its a legit thing to consider

I can see what you're saying. But when it is now the 4th straight loss using this strategy, a sensible coach would have to rethink his approach no?

I can see what you're saying. But when it is now the 4th straight loss using this strategy, a sensible coach would have to rethink his approach no?

I would agree with this yeah, but you also have to think what does Vaughn have to lose right now? if they win ok well good, if they lose, ok well good they are tanking. he has the chance now more than ever to run it out and see if they can get it to work. Its probably an experiment that he will let run a decent course because he has no immediate need to pull the plug on it.

I would agree with this yeah, but you also have to think what does Vaughn have to lose right now? if they win ok well good, if they lose, ok well good they are tanking. he has the chance now more than ever to run it out and see if they can get it to work. Its probably an experiment that he will let run a decent course because he has no immediate need to pull the plug on it.

yeah, that's what i feared. I would think that management would want him to develop their assets especially their #2 pick, oladipo and I hope tobias as well. with nothing to play for now, the best thing to do is to develop their assets. for him to ignore this and try to develop his own system instead leads me to think he has his own agenda.

There is no freaking reason to have Tobias on the bench, he is playing incredibly well and can play either forward spot so instead he gives O'quinn the starting job and doesn't give any of Harkless's SF minutes. I have no idea what to say, honestly this whole situation makes larry drew look much better

There is no freaking reason to have Tobias on the bench, he is playing incredibly well and can play either forward spot so instead he gives O'quinn the starting job and doesn't give any of Harkless's SF minutes. I have no idea what to say, honestly this whole situation makes larry drew look much better

yea...

I could tolerate the whole oquinn minutes issue based on what aranin and i discussed. but what really gets me is that dumba$$ Vaughn gave Maxiell 6 minutes and Nicholson 9 minutes.

This logic is so flawed to me. Their season is over so they are gonna give a guy that likely isn't in their future heavy minutes over a guy that they want to build around? And they are doing this because o'quinn gives them a rim protector in games they don't even want to win? This is the point of the season when Tobias should be starting and getting tons of minutes, cause as you say, they have nothing to lose.

My conclusion is that the coach was told by upper management to put Harris on a minutes restriction to have him healthy for next year.

My conclusion is that the coach was told by upper management to put Harris on a minutes restriction to have him healthy for next year.

Next year is a long ways away, that doesn't make any sense, if he can be out there playing, he should be starting and getting all the run he can handle. He must be in the dog house is all I can think of, and hopefully he will be out next week as many people start their playoffs next week.

Wish I knew what his status moving forward is as I would drop him if he's a bench player for Jack or Kendall.

Damn.

Would love to hear Vaughn or someone that covers the Magic speak up on Toby's ros. Sooooo frustrated with the bench treatment.

Makes absolutely no sense even tobias's popcorn stats are up. He is their future! Tobias should request a trade, this is ridiculous!

Completely at a lose, late season and the young studs can't get any extra run?

I should've added Jack.

Just missed out. Ouch.

Completely at a lose, late season and the young studs can't get any extra run?

They need to develop Jameer for next year