Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Didn't watch last nights game but I was watching the scoreboard during the 4th quater and it was good to see that he was playing with O'Quinn in the line up? I dont know if that has anything to do with players being in foul trouble or what not, but nonethless its a good sign he played 33mins last night. Not dropping yet.

Didn't watch last nights game but I was watching the scoreboard during the 4th quater and it was good to see that he was playing with O'Quinn in the line up? I dont know if that has anything to do with players being in foul trouble or what not, but nonethless its a good sign he played 33mins last night. Not dropping yet.

Who is even thinking about dropping a guy like this?

I had to drop Tobias only because I am going against the best team in my league in the semi-finals, and he wins the big man categories. Picked up Jarrett Jack instead. As much as I'm happy for Tobias and his owners, his minutes are not exactly great/stable. The Prince is also playing VERY efficient per min.

Some leagues are further in the playoffs so you can't risk the possibility of dead weight. The WW isn't as active once a handful of teams are vying for players. My point is, there are scenarios where I can see Tobias being dropped in favor of a guy like D. Carroll, Jarrett Jack, or Jodie Meeks who ends up on the WW from a team losing in the playoffs. Even at his best Tobias isn't exactly killing it outside of pts/reb/FG% when efficient. This isn't the regular season anymore. The last thing I need is Jacques Vaughn costing me a championship!

Even at his best Tobias isn't exactly killing it outside of pts/reb/FG% when efficient. This isn't the regular season anymore. The last thing I need is Jacques Vaughn costing me a championship!

Don't forget free throws and a 3-ptr here and there.

But you're right, I can understand someone dropping him for someone else who specializes in, say, stocks, 3s, or assists, but outside of that I can't see it.

He's got too many strengths and hurts in few places, so I guess you're also right - he's a glue guy that is more suited for the regular season and he won't win you any particular cat on a given night..

But after a game like the last one's it'd have to be a pretty sure thing form the FA pool for me to drop.

Who is even thinking about dropping a guy like this?

You'd be suprised, he was owned 98% in my CBSSports just 2 weeks ago now he dropped to 94%

I had to drop since he only has 3 games this week and so far he hasn't even played in the 1st quarter today :( I will miss you Tobias!

Speechless....Harris did not play the entire 1st quarter. dewayne dedmon and andrew nicholson all getting minuets before him.

He's a good drop candidate since you probably won't even need him until his 3rd game of the week. I plan on dropping him for a stream spot for the all important tuesday/thursday games this week.

He probably won't come in for the 3rd quarter either.. Less than 2 minutes remaining.

Wow this is sad.

What happened today? Only 25 minutes and no foul trouble.

As my season is unfortunately over, I'm looking at my picks to see how they turned out. I got Tobias in the 8th round of a 12 team league-I think that was about right. At the time, I didn't expect him to be out for nearly as long as he was and never guessed he would be playing off the bench, but he actually put up pretty solid value when he played. Lack of Stocks kept him from being elite, and I really have no clue where to draft him next year. He's got a ton of potential, and it seemed like the Magic were committed to him, but if he's still in the same position next season I may just avoid the situation entirely.

Wow this is sad.

What happened today? Only 25 minutes and no foul trouble.

As my season is unfortunately over, I'm looking at my picks to see how they turned out. I got Tobias in the 8th round of a 12 team league-I think that was about right. At the time, I didn't expect him to be out for nearly as long as he was and never guessed he would be playing off the bench, but he actually put up pretty solid value when he played. Lack of Stocks kept him from being elite, and I really have no clue where to draft him next year. He's got a ton of potential, and it seemed like the Magic were committed to him, but if he's still in the same position next season I may just avoid the situation entirely.

Vaughntard decided to play Dedmon & Nicholson the entire 1st quater over Tobias. This is a crime. I am suprised the media in Orlando is not talking about this or ever bothered asking the coach why is he limiting T Harris minutes.

I really think that Tobias did something and Vaughn is punishing him. It's not like the Magic are going to win even with Tobias starting.

I really think that Tobias did something and Vaughn is punishing him. It's not like the Magic are going to win even with Tobias starting.

Like fuvckd his wife or maybe daughter?

Why in the blue **** are Dewayne Dedmon, Doron Lamb, and Andrew Nicholson getting minutes over him. This is ridiculous.

Why in the blue **** are Dewayne Dedmon, Doron Lamb, and Andrew Nicholson getting minutes over him. This is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous. He has 9 minutes through 3 quarters in a game they're losing by 26. I finally had to cut him yesterday thanks to Vaughn's stupidity and Orlando's 3 game schedule.

I dropped him last Sunday, actually contemplating spot-starting him on Saturday because Dieng isn't a very attractive option anymore, but I know it'll probably just be like tonight where he sits on the bench for half the game, when things are long since decided and they play some mediocre team. What a frustrating season.

At least you guys got options. All i got is caron butler and carroll (who has been mediocre just as much as harris) on the wire.

Convinced Vaughn just has straight up personal issues with him, there doesn't really seem to be any other explanation. Hope one or the other is not with the magic next year as I would like to see him excell. I will stay away from any team coached by this guy and Drew next year.

My perception is that he is being limited specifically so the team can tank. If you pressed Vaughn on an excuse he would probably say they're being gentle with him due to his early-season injuries and they don't need to win this year.

So the team can tank? Seemed they were doing a pretty good job of tanking even with him starting. And I'd love to hear someone actually press him for some answers, but unfortunately, they are the magic, and besides fantasy fanactics, who really cares about this crap team.

My opponent in the 'ship last year was the guy who picked up Princess off the WW (16-team league) and he was the difference maker as I lost by 30 fp's that week when Princess went off. So I reached for him this year determined not to let that happen again. And . . . yeah. Meh.

Not grabbing him next year unless he falls past, say, Round 9.

Will anyone else target Princess next year?

My opponent in the 'ship last year was the guy who picked up Princess off the WW (16-team league) and he was the difference maker as I lost by 30 fp's that week when Princess went off. So I reached for him this year determined not to let that happen again. And . . . yeah. Meh.

Not grabbing him next year unless he falls past, say, Round 9.

Will anyone else target Princess next year?

I think he will start next year when magic get ris of their older guys. I'd get him as early as 6-7th round