Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TB44

Keeper Draft Strategy

10 man, ppr keeper league.

I am keeping Demaryius Thomas, Ammendola, and Sproles.

I have the 4th pick overall. 1st pick will be AP. The next two picks could be any of the following: Rice, Charles, Mccoy, Lynch, T-Rich. But I know they both will be RB. Martin & Foster are being kept.

My question: I could take Calvin at #4, or I could take who ever is left out of Rice, Charles, Mccoy, Lynch, T-Rich. If I take Calvin at #4, then I have to catch a RB in the 2nd rd which would probably be Gore, Bush, MJD, Murray caliber.

What would you do?

In your situation i'd rather grab a RB. You've got DT and Amendola at WR as it is, and WR is deeper this season. Grab a good PPR RB

Thanks. Calvin is tempting just because of his production. Right now I feel like if Charles slides then I'll take him, and even Mccoy. Rice and Lynch I am not that high on because of PPR and Pierce

I'd take Charles or Rice over Calvin...if you're an "omg Pierce will steal all the carries" guy, go with Calvin.

No, not thinking that way. More in terms of losing boldin, pitta, coming off the superbowl, and pierce. I could see this offense being a bit lackluster, at least to start the year.

I would take Rice if hes still there. Very safe pick as far as productive and not injury prone. Pick safe first gamble later.

At #4 you have a shot at a truly elite #1 RB. If you were drafting at the back of your draft, I'd choose one of the stud WRs left. But since you're at the top, I'd go Charles>Rice>Trich.

At #4 you have a shot at a truly elite #1 RB. If you were drafting at the back of your draft, I'd choose one of the stud WRs left. But since you're at the top, I'd go Charles>Rice>Trich.

Interesting....no love for shady? I like him more then T-rich and possibly Rice

Last 2 years:

McCoy: 102 recs, 2837 yds (105/game), 25 TDs, but 20 of them in 2011 = outlier. Missed 5 out of 32 games.

Rice: 137 recs, 3689 yds (115/game), 25 TDs. Missed zero games, though only played 1 series of season closer last year.

Rice simply outproduces McCoy even when both are healthy. McCoy puts up Matt Forte numbers, seriously. Compare their stats...they're about the same per game, and McCoy actually misses more games...would you take Forte 4th overall?

Yes, Pitta and Boldin are gone...but Philly has a worse line, basically 1 WR, no good TEs, and will probably start a rookie QB. I do think McCoy will improve a lot this season, but Rice is so much safer.

If you want McCoy, that's fine. But trade DOWN a few spots and get something in return...

do you have any other RB that you are able to keep?

Only 3 keepers per team and its Sproles (9), Ammendola (12), Demaryius Thomas (10). So my values are very good for the 3 I have... I could keep DeAngelo but no one as caliber as the three listed

Last 2 years:

McCoy: 102 recs, 2837 yds (105/game), 25 TDs, but 20 of them in 2011 = outlier. Missed 5 out of 32 games.

Rice: 137 recs, 3689 yds (115/game), 25 TDs. Missed zero games, though only played 1 series of season closer last year.

Rice simply outproduces McCoy even when both are healthy. McCoy puts up Matt Forte numbers, seriously. Compare their stats...they're about the same per game, and McCoy actually misses more games...would you take Forte 4th overall?

Yes, Pitta and Boldin are gone...but Philly has a worse line, basically 1 WR, no good TEs, and will probably start a rookie QB. I do think McCoy will improve a lot this season, but Rice is so much safer.

If you want McCoy, that's fine. But trade DOWN a few spots and get something in return...

The Ravens O is what worries me, and I could see Rice losing some production. Mccoy might not be break out again in this new offense but then again he very well could under Kelly. I would obviously like to see him stay healthy and get more touches then he was getting last year. McCoy v Rice is a tricky call

Last 2 years:

The Ravens O is what worries me, and I could see Rice losing some production. Mccoy might not be break out again in this new offense but then again he very well could under Kelly. I would obviously like to see him stay healthy and get more touches then he was getting last year. McCoy v Rice is a tricky call

Valid point, but consider this:

In 2012, Rice accounted for 33.9% of the Ravens' carries + touches.

In 2011, it was 39.4%

2010, it was 39.8%

2009, it was 36.5%

He can handle a heavier workload just fine...in fact, most people think his value increases with the Ravens offense lacking Pitta/Boldin. But Kelly also improves McCoy's value (if he can stay healthy).

I have the 4th pick overall. 1st pick will be AP. The next two picks could be any of the following: Rice, Charles, Mccoy, Lynch, T-Rich. But I know they both will be RB. Martin & Foster are being kept.

My question: I could take Calvin at #4, or I could take who ever is left out of Rice, Charles, Mccoy, Lynch, T-Rich. If I take Calvin at #4, then I have to catch a RB in the 2nd rd which would probably be Gore, Bush, MJD, Murray caliber.

What would you do?

I think you have to go RB. My order is Rice, Richardson, Charles

Charles > McCoy > Rice > Megatron for me.

What would you do?

I'd almost be tempted to trade down a few slots if you dig Megatron; swap 3rds, and 5ths(snaking?) to make it worth it.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=358406

I kinda have this same conumdrum... if I were you and Charles or Rice were there for you I would take eother over Calvin. After that I think it's a toss up but I still like those rb's a little better than Calvin cosidering your current keepers.

Thanks for the help on mine.