Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lakeshow1

Continuous Waivers

I've been using continuous waivers with FAAB, processed every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, for my fantasy baseball league and I'd like to roll that over to football this season.

What days would be best for waivers to be processed? I was thinking Monday (so teams can fill potential holes before MNF) Wednesday (midweek speculative adds or bye week fill ins) and Saturday (last minute hole fillers or matchup plays).

Daily also wouldn't be bad, but I'd like for there to be more time for blind bids to be placed.

Any suggestions?

I don't like continuous waivers for football.

It's not like baseball where there's games played every day.

One of my leagues has continuous waivers, claims process every day except for Tuesday at 11:00 AM. I didn't think I would like it at first, but it works just fine and the owners are happy with it. I actually prefer it over other waiver systems. Ours is an FAAB (free agent auction budget).

One of my leagues has continuous waivers, claims process every day except for Tuesday at 11:00 AM. I didn't think I would like it at first, but it works just fine and the owners are happy with it. I actually prefer it over other waiver systems. Ours is an FAAB (free agent auction budget).

I like the continuous system too. Add FAAB and its really a lot of fun and adds quite a bit of additional strategy because of the budget and process times.

Bids processed everyday makes sense but I would still like to extend that a bit so more teams have an opportunity to bid and it becomes tougher to gauge the amount of a potential winning bid.

It looks like I will have to have waivers processed on Sunday and Monday so teams and the plug holes left by game time decisions. I should then probably have them process on Saturday too because games start at 9 here on the West coast and my buddies are probably waking up hungover at 10 or so and would miss the opportunity to play their claimed player if waivers were only processed on Sunday.

Does continuous waiver days of Saturday, Sunday, Monday make sense?

I like the continuous system too. Add FAAB and its really a lot of fun and adds quite a bit of additional strategy because of the budget and process times.

Bids processed everyday makes sense but I would still like to extend that a bit so more teams have an opportunity to bid and it becomes tougher to gauge the amount of a potential winning bid.

It looks like I will have to have waivers processed on Sunday and Monday so teams and the plug holes left by game time decisions. I should then probably have them process on Saturday too because games start at 9 here on the West coast and my buddies are probably waking up hungover at 10 or so and would miss the opportunity to play their claimed player if waivers were only processed on Sunday.

Does continuous waiver days of Saturday, Sunday, Monday make sense?

Personally, I would include Wednesday for whatever system you decide on. This allows for claims to begin on Tuesday, after the week's games have completed (including Monday night), and awards those who are on the ball and get their claims in then. But if your goal is to give people more time to decide what they want to do after the weekly games have completed, I guess Saturday makes sense. I don't like it though.

If you only do Sa/Su/Mo, you will of course see most of the activity processed on Saturday, then not too much for Sunday, and very little on Mondays (most of the rosters should be locked on Monday). But you can structure it any way you'd like as long as the league provider allows.

Yeah Sat, Sun, Mon might be unnecessary.

Wednesday and Saturday might be a fit our my particular league.

I

This gives people enough time to place bids on the weekends breakouts for a Wednesday process, then time to feel out the week, take a look at matchups and make a bid for a Saturday process if necessary.