Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CityofChamps

Question about Keeper league draft

I'm in the first year of a keeper league over at ESPN (first time I've done this). There's only one keeper in the league, and we have a 12-team snake draft. Looking at the draft order, I noticed that for the first two rounds, it doesn't reverse like most snake drafts. Next to the first picks it says "Reserved for Keeper Selection." My question was partially answered by this FAQ:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/faq?name=why-is-my-snake-draft-not-snaking

So I get that this happens in all keeper leagues. But I don't understand why. Doesn't this give a MASSIVE advantage to the people at the top of the draft? They get the first picks in the keeper round AND the first picks in the first standard round. It seems really unfair to me and makes no sense. Or maybe I just don't understand how keeper league drafts work. Can someone explain to me why the draft works this way, and if there's anything I'm missing?

Thank you!

I'm in the first year of a keeper league over at ESPN (first time I've done this). There's only one keeper in the league, and we have a 12-team snake draft. Looking at the draft order, I noticed that for the first two rounds, it doesn't reverse like most snake drafts. Next to the first picks it says "Reserved for Keeper Selection." My question was partially answered by this FAQ:

http://games.espn.go...aft-not-snaking

So I get that this happens in all keeper leagues. But I don't understand why. Doesn't this give a MASSIVE advantage to the people at the top of the draft? They get the first picks in the keeper round AND the first picks in the first standard round. It seems really unfair to me and makes no sense. Or maybe I just don't understand how keeper league drafts work. Can someone explain to me why the draft works this way, and if there's anything I'm missing?

Thank you!

If this is the first year then you have a normal snake draft w no keeper round b/c you have no players to keep. The keeper round should take place next year after you have a team to keep from. Talk to your LM.

In my keeper league, the keeper rounds go by how you finished the previous year (12th last yr picks 1st in keeper rds etc) and then the redraft is then randomized.

If this is the first year then you have a normal snake draft w no keeper round b/c you have no players to keep. The keeper round should take place next year after you have a team to keep from. Talk to your LM.

I'll ask him, but next to the draft order it says the first round is for keepers. Maybe it will just be skipped? Also, how do keeper rounds work, exactly?

They get the first picks in the keeper round AND the first picks in the first standard round. It seems really unfair to me and makes no sense. Or maybe I just don't understand how keeper league drafts work. Can someone explain to me why the draft works this way, and if there's anything I'm missing?

Thank you!

So here's what happens. You declare who you're going to keep, and then you lose your first round pick. You can't just take ANY player, only a player YOU owned the previous year...so the order of the keeper round doesn't matter.

Does that help?

So here's what happens. You declare who you're going to keep, and then you lose your first round pick. You can't just take ANY player, only a player YOU owned the previous year...so the order of the keeper round doesn't matter.

Does that help?

Oh, ok. Thanks a ton! That really helped a lot. So since it's the first year I guess the keeper round will just be skipped, and it will be a normal snake draft?

Does that help?

Oh, ok. Thanks a ton! That really helped a lot. So since it's the first year I guess the keeper round will just be skipped, and it will be a normal snake draft?

So you're SURE this is the first year of the league?

Go under settings and check if it says "use keepers for 2013." If it's the first year, it should say No. If it doesn't, notify the LM to change it.

So you're SURE this is the first year of the league?

Go under settings and check if it says "use keepers for 2013." If it's the first year, it should say No. If it doesn't, notify the LM to change it.

Actually it says yes, but that's strange because I did a league with almost all of these guys last year and there were no keepers. I'll ask the LM to clear things up. Thanks again for helping out.