Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

Dexter

has dexter ever slept with rita? just catching up on season 1

has dexter ever slept with rita? just catching up on season 1

Yes he slept with Rita. He also finds out his birth dad died near the end of season 1.

Great episode last night. I couldn't help it so I had to go watch next week's finale ahead of time. No spoilers from me, but it is AMAZING and INTENSE. Best Series Ever.

Now that this writer's strike looks like it may drag on for even longer, don't expect them to be writing for next season anytime soon until it is resolved. The impact hasn't been felt that much yet, but it has already affected big scripted shows like Heroes (season cut short), Lost, 24, Late night talk shows, etc. People will realize it more next year when they will no longer have new episodes of their favorite shows and many pilots (new scripted shows) for next year will be cancelled. So who knows when or if we will see the 3rd season of Dexter, but hopefully its on schedule, as I can't wait.

veddy veddy good. sucks to be doakes, he must feel like hes doing the hokey pokey for his own life. love how they tag teamed those cubans, then doakes ends up back in the cage again. i guess the "code" is officially dead, i wonder how that'll affect dex's future... ahem, endeavors.

Great episode last night. I couldn't help it so I had to go watch next week's finale ahead of time. No spoilers from me, but it is AMAZING and INTENSE. Best Series Ever.

Now that this writer's strike looks like it may drag on for even longer, don't expect them to be writing for next season anytime soon until it is resolved. The impact hasn't been felt that much yet, but it has already affected big scripted shows like Heroes (season cut short), Lost, 24, Late night talk shows, etc. People will realize it more next year when they will no longer have new episodes of their favorite shows and many pilots (new scripted shows) for next year will be cancelled. So who knows when or if we will see the 3rd season of Dexter, but hopefully its on schedule, as I can't wait.

where did you catch next weeks episode?

veddy veddy good. sucks to be doakes, he must feel like hes doing the hokey pokey for his own life. love how they tag teamed those cubans, then doakes ends up back in the cage again. i guess the "code" is officially dead, i wonder how that'll affect dex's future... ahem, endeavors.

why do you say that? he has yet to kill anyone who wasnt a "bad" person.

number one rule - dont get caught.

why do you say that? he has yet to kill anyone who wasnt a "bad" person.

number one rule - dont get caught.

well the way i saw it was that harry's code died when dexter found out that his father killed himself. dexter came to the realization that his father essentially did it becuz he couldnt deal with knowing that he created such a monster. dexter followed the code not only to protect himself but as a way of honoring his father. why continue to honor someone who basically killed himself becuz of dexter? why continue to follow a code that essentially led to the death of its creator? in a way harry committing suicide was a way of him rejecting his own code and what it had created. if his father rejected the code, there really is no point to abiding by it anymore.

or maybe im just too philosophical...

well the way i saw it was that harry's code died when dexter found out that his father killed himself. dexter came to the realization that his father essentially did it becuz he couldnt deal with knowing that he created such a monster. dexter followed the code not only to protect himself but as a way of honoring his father. why continue to honor someone who basically killed himself becuz of dexter? why continue to follow a code that essentially led to the death of its creator? in a way harry committing suicide was a way of him rejecting his own code and what it had created. if his father rejected the code, there really is no point to abiding by it anymore.

or maybe im just too philosophical...

i dont know if he can disregard harrys code just b/c i dont think he's strong enough mentally to follow his own code. he must follow some code in order to survive. dexter did mention to doakes that its weak to take your own life, but i think dexter will continue to feel tremendous guilt for his fathers suicide, and thus will still hold harrys values/beliefs in high regard. he knows he's a monster deep down, and must rely on harrys tutelage.

I really can't wait for Sunday's finale.

i dont know if he can disregard harrys code just b/c i dont think he's strong enough mentally to follow his own code. he must follow some code in order to survive. dexter did mention to doakes that its weak to take your own life, but i think dexter will continue to feel tremendous guilt for his fathers suicide, and thus will still hold harrys values/beliefs in high regard. he knows he's a monster deep down, and must rely on harrys tutelage.

dunno about that, the only thing he needs out that code to survive is the part about self preservation not the stuff about discretion.

return to sender, season 1 - great episode

Showtime President Robert Greenblatt has confirmed a third season is planned.[1]

On December 3, 2007, CBS Corporation president and CEO Leslie Moonves confirmed that Dexter would "probably" air on the major US network in Spring, to fill holes left by the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike.[2]

On December 3, 2007, CBS Corporation president and CEO Leslie Moonves confirmed that Dexter would "probably" air on the major US network in Spring, to fill holes left by the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike.[2]

uh...re-runs im hoping.

that would suck a** if they switched to cable for the new season

uh...re-runs im hoping.

I agree. This show is made for cable not network!!!

ah, yes. i meant network not premium cable. the show would lose alot of its edge.

Air as a new season 3 or reairing of season 1 and 2?

i understood it as airing on showtime this spring - season 3.

not sure about reruns.

baseball and a new season of dexter - what could be better

uh...re-runs im hoping.

?? - showtime is a cable channel. not following

i understood it as airing on showtime this spring - season 3.

not sure about reruns.

baseball and a new season of dexter - what could be better

I can only think those 2 + Jessie Biel in my bed being better.

Yes he slept with Rita. He also finds out his birth dad died near the end of season 1.

i just saw the episode in season 1 where she went downtown on dex and he tried to "return the favor." haha - dexter is hilarious.

?? - showtime is a cable channel. not following

showtime is a channel on cable, but it is a pay channel. not everyone with cable gets to see Dexter. i like it that way. i prefer that the show fly under the radar and not everyone knows or talks about it. ive been watching since the beginning( maybe episode 2) and i havent met too many people who watch or even know about it. for them to air it on network TV will put it way over the top.

showtime is a channel on cable, but it is a pay channel. not everyone with cable gets to see Dexter. i like it that way. i prefer that the show fly under the radar and not everyone knows or talks about it. ive been watching since the beginning( maybe episode 2) and i havent met too many people who watch or even know about it. for them to air it on network TV will put it way over the top.

gotcha - ive always had all the channels with every sports package - yeah, i pay like $150 per month! B)

gotcha - ive always had all the channels with every sports package - yeah, i pay like $150 per month! B)

nice. do you get NBA Tv? if so, is it worth it?