Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suikoden

Two trades vetoed in my league, should they be?

First trade was Colston, Jones Drew, Daniels and Alex Smith for Bowe, Morris, Tony Gonz and Andy Dalton. Second was my Andre Johnson for Dez.

It was on league vote, so commish changed that and posted a new message.

So I spend an hour twenty with the guy who has Dez talking trades. He missed the draft, so it was auto pick. He hates the Dallas Cowboys, loves Houston and also hates Cam (would trade Cam straight up for RG3 but that owner said no). So we made a new trade now where I sent him

Andre Johnson, Tom Brady, DMC

he sends me

Dez, Cam, Demarco Murray

The commish then emails me saying "ya right, if your previous trade was vetoed, what do you think of this one?". My worries is he says no to it. I don't believe it is his place.

BOTH people want the trade, BOTH people explained their reasoning for wanting the trade, there is NO collusion, and it's before the start of a season so it's not like a team is tanking and letting loose on the league.

The other four for four trade was resent between the two but this time the Jones Drew person included James Jones and the other team is dropping Deandre Hopkins. They are still worried it doesn't go through.

Please give your input as this commish is out of control if he doesn't allow these two trades. Lopsided from an ADP standpoint, sure, but not collusion.

You can have unbalanced trades and it not be collusion. Collusion is lending players for bye weeks, trading players to an owner so they can beat someone for you, etc.

No way should any of those be vetoed. I'd find another league; yours sounds ridiculous.

Thanks for your help on mine!

Your league is just jealous. Hardly any trades should ever be vetoed. Especially yours. It looks just an even flip based on personal preference

I would get explanation with facts from your commish on why he thinks its bad.

The first trade, I honestly don't know who they assume is making out on the deal?

In my league we have by-laws which state that no trade is vetoable unless it is obviously lopsided (i.e. Calvin Johnson for Issac Redman) or collusion can be proved. We also have 1 commisioner and 1 League Manager who basically has all the same powers as the Commissioner. If there is a trade that looks like it is completely lopsided or collusion is involved, the Commissioner and League Manager must be in agreement to veto.

If there is a trade between the Commissioner and League Manager, the league will decide based on those rules if it is vetoable (collusion is present or completely lopsided). This makes it so one person cannot have all of that power. It also works in my league because it was left to a league vote in the past and either people vetoed it because they don't trade and veto just to veto.

I would have the Commish of your league explain himself and then take it up with the league. Appount a League Manager, someone who is knowledgable and not in lock step with the Commish.

Trades are fine, but Dez for Andre is a bit foolish. Still trades look fine and I am a commissioner. I would veto neither unless you were related and continued to try to stack a team.

Second trade should absolutely not be vetoed. Dez has big edge on Andre but it isn't like you are taking advantage. Tom Brady could have a monster year that no one was originally expecting. SO even though I like cam better, tom could easily have an edge.

So he overruled the league vote? That seems egregious use of power in this case

I would really like to know what the commish's reasoning for vetoing these trades was. They seem fairly balanced to me.

thanks for responses all, keep it going for sure

I have emailed the commish the link to this thread so he can make his own judgement from unbiased views of people he and I do not know; it sucks when you want to have fun in a league and are being dictated on how to trade, values, etc..

I would really like to know what the commish's reasoning for vetoing these trades was. They seem fairly balanced to me.

+1

I would have probaly lefted this league by now and wouldnt be sweating it unless it was a $$$ league or peeps i knew.

Sounds like you have a commish that thinks he's way too powerful and is trying to do more then he needs to do,

Now the trades are a little one sided but not enough to be vetoed.

Thanx for the help on mine

Trades should only be vetoed when:

A. One team is being taken advantage of.

B. An owner with a bad team is throwing the end of the season to help a friend, "Ridley for Lance Moore, sure, but I get $20 when you win the championship.

C. The value CLEARLY doesn't match, Dez for Andre is ok. Dez for Jordy, not so much.

The commissioner's own opinions should have nothing to do with it. If common sense tells you it's horrible, than veto, otherwise let the team owners run their teams as they choose. Every trade you posted is fair in value, one may like a certain sides return better, but the valuein all of them is close enough where a veto shouldn't even be discussed.

That deal is fine for both sides. I would leave your league

thanks for the help!

we had a similiar trade in the league i'm in except AJ green was in place of Dez, and Gore was in place of DMC. Your trade shouldn't of been vetoed. I bet the commish wanted to trade with that other person but it fell through.