Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suikoden

Two trades vetoed in my league, should they be?

I don't like either trade and would personally not too them. Feelings aside it does not look like a roster dump and boh trades should be allowed to go through.

Show this board to your commish to let him know the public opinions of those trades, if he still doesn't allow them to go through, leave the league or wait for one of your friends to get the #1 waiver spot then drop your best droppable players.

Hey commish, the OP said he forwarded you this thread. Please take 10 seconds to register and defend your stance on this veto, I'm curious and would love to hear it, as I'm sure all the people who commented do... Also, you are a horrible commissioner. K thx bye.

he hasn't emailed me back yet, but I figure he is collecting his thoughts and realizing things after reading this thread, who knows though

both those trades should go through no problem. vetoes should only happen when there is obvious collusion going on.

In the league that I run, I hold the final veto power but I have yet to use it. Only one time had I thought about it when one person dumped Vick a few years ago for next to nothing and I questioned his reasoning and it was because he wasn't available for the draft and he has a personal hatred towards Vick and rather get a bench player than nothing when he dropped him. I figure if both people can defend the trade and it isn't obvious collusion, there is nothing I should do about it. If it looks like someone is being taken advantage of, I will usually talk to both players and make sure they want it before putting it through but I have yet to veto a trade. Even in leagues that the players veto, I don't think I've ever vetoed a trade.

I'm one of three commissions in my 10 team league. Everything is majority rules when it comes to major decisions and trade vetoes. It prevent things like this where one guy thinks he knows everything about what's fair and not fair.

worst league ever

comic.png

Nope. A friend of mine told me about a league he was in where he tried to make a trade with a guy, got the trade vetoed by the commish, and then the commish went and made a similar trade with the guy so he could reap the benefits.

He should not veto those trades. These guys are both on the same tier. WR1 for WR1. RB2 for RB2. Whatever. Trades that should not be allowed to take place would be one like a laugher I rejected my friend on last week: Spiller for Gore in a keeper league. Heck, a few years ago in a league with my dad, My dad traded Urlacher for a draft pick which later turned out to be Doug Martin. He had Martin and Foster in a keeper league. That trade was not even vetoed. As a member of a "12-month" league, I know the offseason can get boring and my commish tries to promote trades. If your commish is vetoing trades that are Good then that is demoting trade and taking out an aspect of the league.

The person I am trading with just told me the commish wanted Newton and Dez from him, so maybe that's it, I don't know. I'm just trying to get him to open his eyes, to learn about these forums in how it can HELP leagues and making decisions. To get unbiased opinions.

After the initial Dez for Andre trade was vetoed, the person I am trading with said the commish wanted to trade Vick (7th round) and Boldin(8th round) for Dez(2nd round). I asked the commish and he said it was an offer of his Matt Ryan being talked for Cam.

At least the above trade is close and according to everyone here, fair.

Sounds like a power happy commish who is looking out for his own interests. in any case, it should ALWAYS be league vote and not up to the commish and the commish only.

Sounds like a power happy commish who is looking out for his own interests. in any case, it should ALWAYS be league vote and not up to the commish and the commish only.

League votes are the worst. You just need a trustworthy commish.

League votes are the worst. You just need a trustworthy commish.

I've never had a problem with league votes. Only time a trade was voted down in any of my leagues was 2 brothers obviously colluding on a deal. Most of the time noone even votes on them from what I've seen

That's ridiculous! I'm playing in a PRO league and found out one of my trades was protested but found out that's pretty common. There's seemingly always a bitter owner who's jealous they missed out. I don't think any trades should be vetoed unless there's obviously collusion. My advice, find a new league! Thanks for the help with mine.

Nothing wrong with those trades. The only reason a veto should happen is for collusion. Which is not happening here. League commish seems to be power tripping or something.

Reminds me of my baseball league and football this year. We had several trades vetod for most likely just because or personal reasons. Then our commish after getting a trade vetod changes from league vote to his approval and forces his trades through.

I didn't see aything in those offers that looks too insane to let pass. Just a crappy league you're in like myself. Probably not much you can do when offers are shot down like that. I've pretty much given up trading in my league as the commish and other owners have acted the same way as the ones in your league.

Seems like the commish is the one who is trying to do something wrong here. That would be my last year in that league. Sounds like a complete tool.

Thanks for the help on mine. Why doesn't the commissioner just divide the players as he sees fit? The guy knows nothing about FF if he's vetoing trades like that.

He does not belong in the commissioner role, both trades are evenly weighted and shouldn't even be a question of whether or not to veto.

Quit the league man....from what I can tell your commish is looking at the fact you're receiving players preseason ranked higher than the other guys which means jack at this point.

Thanks for mine

The guy I am trading with posted "You guys are like a bunch of crying girls. lol I know my football Graham. It's a fair trade."

Commish then says "And if your point is getting players you want because you like them. I've never met anyone who hates Brady as much as Fehrens. So the bs your explaining is what it is.

The Andre Johnson/Dez Bryant trade made more sense then this trade."

Which makes no sense because the other guy is all about this trade.

So I am thinking the commish has not read a word yet in this tread yet there are 3 pages all of people saying the trade is legit and not a single.person.saying.to.veto.

And I can't just quit the league if I have drafted already; Yahoo does not allow that

However, the person I am trading with said if he doesn't get Brady, Andre and DMC that he is also going to bench his players for the season which would make it four teams with all benched players for the season.