Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suikoden

Two trades vetoed in my league, should they be?

Wait, three teams already have all their players benched this season? Man if I have no money on the league, I'd just do the same and join another league.

Man, I feel so bad for you. IMO the only trade that should be veto'd is if collusion is highly probable. For every trade, there will be some people who think "team a" got the best of "team b" and vice-versa. I'd drop all my players to the waiver wire and bail! LOL

Thanks for the help on mine, however I have a follow up question regarding Gronk if you have another second: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=365298

Thx for mine.

Neither of those look vetoable.

I'm in two leagues, both big $ with trusted friends, over the years we've had a couple people in my friend's league drop out and subbed with friends of friends.

I'm commissioner of that league and what I do is if I get complaints on a trade from multiple people while it's pending I review it and have 2 other people that are very indifferent/logical look at it as well, we talk as a group and decide whether anything needs to be done.

Problem with a league vote is you get bitter people and also people who don't want Team A better for their own benefit, etc.

I'm not a fan of trade vetoes. If both people want the trade, no reason it shouldn't happen. Trade vetoes make it seem like you're a jr high kid and need your hand held. I would punch my commish in the trachaea if he pulled that on me, and he knows it.

I'm not a fan of trade vetoes. If both people want the trade, no reason it shouldn't happen. Trade vetoes make it seem like you're a jr high kid and need your hand held. I would punch my commish in the trachaea if he pulled that on me, and he knows it.

Right. As a commish of a dynasty league, I would never veto a trade unless collusion was suspected. If it was suspected, I would dig deep and see what I could find.

If two owners are happy with what they are getting in return for what they are sending out, no reason whatsoever to veto.

I would quit that league, I've been a commish of my league for a few years now and would allow those through all day...obviously I think Dez for Johnson is heavier favored for the player receiving Dez...but its not like you offered up Ryan Broyles or something.

Wait, three teams already have all their players benched this season? Man if I have no money on the league, I'd just do the same and join another league.

Yeah, all four of us have our bench well, benched till the trades go through.

I commented earlier and clearly a consensus has formed amongst unbiased people. Cant believe your league would allow it. Sets a terrible precedent for others down the road too.

First trade was Colston, Jones Drew, Daniels and Alex Smith for Bowe, Morris, Tony Gonz and Andy Dalton. Second was my Andre Johnson for Dez.

It was on league vote, so commish changed that and posted a new message.

So I spend an hour twenty with the guy who has Dez talking trades. He missed the draft, so it was auto pick. He hates the Dallas Cowboys, loves Houston and also hates Cam (would trade Cam straight up for RG3 but that owner said no). So we made a new trade now where I sent him

Andre Johnson, Tom Brady, DMC

he sends me

Dez, Cam, Demarco Murray

The commish then emails me saying "ya right, if your previous trade was vetoed, what do you think of this one?". My worries is he says no to it. I don't believe it is his place.

BOTH people want the trade, BOTH people explained their reasoning for wanting the trade, there is NO collusion, and it's before the start of a season so it's not like a team is tanking and letting loose on the league.

The other four for four trade was resent between the two but this time the Jones Drew person included James Jones and the other team is dropping Deandre Hopkins. They are still worried it doesn't go through.

Please give your input as this commish is out of control if he doesn't allow these two trades. Lopsided from an ADP standpoint, sure, but not collusion.

I don't see any of those trades vetoable. would I do them myself if I were the other owner? probably not. But they're no way near to being vetoable.

Yeah both of those trades are fine...if it was like Dez Bryant for Emmanuel Sanders, I could see but Andre is just a small downgrade from Dez and who knows, he could be better than him. The 1st one is like very even as well so I don't know what the guy with veto power is smokin. Not collusion at all

Final update:

Commish vetoed the trade. He said how dare I humiliate the league by creating this thread (because you know, we're well known, right?). He proceded to then say word for word

"Just because you're a c*ck head, F**k your trade. Bench your players if you want. Easy wins for everyone else".

And there we have it folks. I emailed each person in the league to show them this thread, not just the commish from before. Also have cut all ties with him. You just can't be friends with people like that.

800 views, 3 pages long of not one single veto vote, and a veto on the trade.

Funny part is he posted earlier in the day he was thinking about it since the other person really really wants it and that he's jealous that I would be getting Demarco Murray.

Many people asked me for an update, so there we have it.

Final update:

Commish vetoed the trade. He said how dare I humiliate the league by creating this thread (because you know, we're well known, right?). He proceded to then say word for word

"Just because you're a c*ck head, F**k your trade. Bench your players if you want. Easy wins for everyone else".

And there we have it folks. I emailed each person in the league to show them this thread, not just the commish from before. Also have cut all ties with him. You just can't be friends with people like that.

Funny part is he posted earlier in the day he was thinking about it since the other person really really wants it and that he's jealous that I would be getting Demarco Murray.

Wow. Honestly can't beleive someone would be that much of a douche. Leave that league ASAP. Being a commish is not about power or anything like the garbage this guy is doing. It's about being fair and helping the owners in your league.

Just leave the league. Put the league, and it's jackarse commish behind you and move on. Not worth the aggravation.

Final update:

Wow. Honestly can't beleive someone would be that much of a douche. Leave that league ASAP. Being a commish is not about power or anything like the garbage this guy is doing. It's about being fair and helping the owners in your league.

Just leave the league. Put the league, and it's jackarse commish behind you and move on. Not worth the aggravation.

If only Yahoo had a leave league option and had a computer AI take over, that would be nice. I'm glad this thread is as big as it is. The commish and the other 10 people in the league can all come here and see what a terrible commish he is and quite frankly, a poor judge of character and decision making. They can all see how wrong he is with every post posted here.