Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bball961

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Kevin Durant is a bit over reaction, but ersan is like insulting the Greek Freak. He has potential for something like Batum I would say, he can contribute every where, like i can see him having 12pts 9reb 3Blcks 3stl 2 3pters per game approx

except for the fact that ersan is about 35 years older. but sure whatever you say bruh.

alright i take back what i said about kd.

his floor is durant 2.0.

iCL1r7XzhRPib.gif

except for the fact that ersan is about 35 years older. but sure whatever you say bruh.

Ersan is 26 years old.

Naw he is definitely not ersan ilyasova type of players. I see Nic Batum and Paul George.

David Thorpe has compared him to Batum and Goerge too, with hunter's instinct of Durant

Kevin Durant is a bit over reaction, but ersan is like insulting the Greek Freak. He has potential for something like Batum I would say, he can contribute every where, like i can see him having 12pts 9reb 3Blcks 3stl 2 3pters per game approx

Surprised how much people underrated Ersan. But I'm not disagreeing with you about his comparison with Batum, I can totally see Batum kind of production, maybe even better. But keep in mind that he's a rookie. Rookies adapt differently due to different situations, so we can only doubt for now.

Naw he is definitely not ersan ilyasova type of players. I see Nic Batum and Paul George.

David Thorpe has compared him to Batum and Goerge too, with hunter's instinct of Durant

He doesn't have the offensive arsenal Paul George had when he was coming out of college.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/18/4442950/2013-nba-draft-prospect-profile-giannis-antetokounmpo-adetokoubo-adetokunbo-celtics

Potential

"It's very difficult to gauge Giannis Antetokounmpo's potential considering the level of competition he faced. The Greek A2 league is better than some other European leagues, but it still isn't nearly as talented as Greek's first tier. Antetokounmpo will have to play against better players in order to prove that he truly has the potential he showed this past season.

Regardless of the competition, Antetokounmpo showed many skills that could easily translate to the NBA. It's easy to understand why some people have compared him to Nicolas Batum. Like Batum, he has a solid all around skillset that allow them to fill the stat sheet; both players can score, rebound, pass, and defend had a very good level. They also share similar body types, though Giannis should have more room to put on muscle.

Others would like to compare Antetokounmpo to a young Kevin Durant because of their similar lanky appearance, shooting form, and ability to get to the basket. Perhaps that could've been the case had Giannis been able to play against top international prospects throughout his early teenage years, but Antetokounmpo truly lacks the experience, athleticism, and success to warrant a comparison as immense as that.

Most likely, Giannis Antetokounmpo will be a solid-to-good role player like Nicolas Batum or Lamar Odom. But once again, it's hard to pinpoint both his floor and ceiling as a player due to his age and lack of experience. With time, his potential will become much more clear. This is what adds to the mystery and intrigue of drafting International prospects."

Honestly, i can't see him being relevant for at least until next year towards the end, after all star break. I'm talking about 2014-15 season. He will have good games every now and then when given the time, he will be very inconsistent but i doubt he will see a lot of time unless its a blow out loss. He is only 18 and they are working on him.

Honestly, i can't see him being relevant for at least until next year towards the end, after all star break. I'm talking about 2014-15 season. He will have good games every now and then when given the time, he will be very inconsistent but i doubt he will see a lot of time unless its a blow out loss. He is only 18 and they are working on him.

Yea man, I'm hoping for a bright future for this guy. Reppin' Greece!

He doesn't have the offensive arsenal Paul George had when he was coming out of college.

http://www.celticsbl...tokunbo-celtics

what arsenal are you talking about? he was an above average player if not an average player on offensive end. Yet he has the work ethic as well as superstar material to Thorpe thanks to his elite defense back then.

This young dude can become a very very good player but unfortunately hard working professional european's (ala dirk,gasol's etc..) does not grow on trees so it's early to tell, he can improve his offensive game in a few years, who knows?

Are guys serious.....this kid is just a rookie and not even getting the run he should be. Ceiling I imagine if of the Paul George variety because as Durant Batum George etc have all proved it....if your a SF playing at 6`9 with that kind of quickness, shot, and pass ability......stardom is in store.

Hes not worth picking up now but the real question here is will Milwaukee give him extended towards the end of the season

He reminds me of Nicolas Batum/Grant Hill type of player. But nowhere near Durant potential.

At 18 years old it's not crazy to think that he still has a little growth spurt left which could make him a nightmare at the 3. He has already exceeded expectations as far as PT and hasn't been the defensive liability that most predicted. The future is bright as an awesome keeper stash in 16+ team leagues.

He reminds me of Nicolas Batum/Grant Hill type of player. But nowhere near Durant potential.

As one of Batum's biggest fans, I definitely see the comparison. Giannis's perimeter defense right now is absolutely stellar for an 18-year old rookie, and he has the tools to turn into a solid lockdown defender. As he proved yesterday, he also has crazy potential in the stocks and threes department. The one thing he lacks compared to Batum is playmaking; he flashed some nice passing skills last night, but I don't see 5apg potential in him.

Like most rookies, particularly Europeans, Giannis really needs to bulk up, but he definitely has a place in the NBA. Considering the weak draft class this past summer, I'm quite shocked that he wasn't selected until 15th.

what the hell does a future elyasova type player mean? lol.

he's 5x more athletic then ersan, can run the floor infinitely better and is a far better dribbler than ersan.

his floor is kevin durant.

lol good one. You got a couple people good.

go over heads like carry-ons

Wait, if Kevin Durant is his supposed floor, what's his ceiling? :blink:

lebron durant or kevin james.

take your pick.

I think this guy can grow to a close... 7 Feet. Nba Players don't stop growing til like 21 no? a 7 Feeter with handles. And can shoot it. And if this guy ever puts on weight. SCARY!

He's likely going to put on weight/muscle to play the 3 position as a point forward.

welcome to the team Greek Freak.. you will be replacing The Brow.. make me proud!

welcome to the team Greek Freak.. you will be replacing The Brow.. make me proud!

Not sure if serious..

futuramafry.jpg

I think this guy can grow to a close... 7 Feet. Nba Players don't stop growing til like 21 no? a 7 Feeter with handles. And can shoot it. And if this guy ever puts on weight. SCARY!

a future Magic Randolph?

a future Magic Randolph?

No More like... Lebron Antetokounmpo. Damn his name is hard to spell. I had to copy and paste....

Not sure if serious..

futuramafry.jpg

i just lost davis... let me at least have this moment...