Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppered

Blockbuster Trade. Trent Richardson for Doug Martin. PLEASE Help!

Roll with Trent, they have receivers to keep the D honest and open lanes. Plus colts can get into the read zone easier.

I like Doug Martin, he's the better athlete, and gets the workload. He's bound to produce with the amount of carries he receives.

Good luck

T Rich....bradshaw is gone after this year and T Rich will have a whole season and off-season under his belt with the colts and will surely be the bell cow next year.

Honestly I was never that impressed with Trent. Wasn't a big fan coming out of college, didn't like the way he ran his first year and I haven't like anything I've seen this year. I think when its all said and done Martin will be the far superior player BUT this year I think Trent has more value.

That situation is Tampa is a complete mess and with Glennon under center you can get that Martin will be facing a box full of defenders until Glennon proves he can beat a defense over the top.

This really is such a close call, and you can just tell how split the vote would be on this no matter how many people were asked.

I'm a Trent owner, but you made the right decision IMO. Trent's situation is better, but Martin to me is just the better runner. As a Trent owner I'm also not too happy with his schedule the rest of the way.

This really is such a close call, and you can just tell how split the vote would be on this no matter how many people were asked.

I'm a Trent owner, but you made the right decision IMO. Trent's situation is better, but Martin to me is just the better runner. As a Trent owner I'm also not too happy with his schedule the rest of the way.

I totally agree. I just dont want to trade trent and have him learn this offense in like 2 weeks and go off and get a few 2td games which I think he is capable of. Its just my big money league and the future of my team. I had Doug last year in this league and traded him for Calvin. Didnt regret it but I have always wanted doug back sort of.

I'm leaning towards Trent Richardson. Better offense, more scoring opportunities, and his familiarity will only get better. His involvement will most likely stay steady or improve over time. I am also a Trent Richardson owner myself and I am a bit afraid of his usage going forward, but I'd still take Trent over Doug. You can tell that Richardson's plays are somewhat limited at the moment, but that will improve. He is protecting Luck and I think most people are discounting this skill of his as well.

20 carries for 60 yards and 1 TD may be "lackluster" but the playaction worked very well against the Jaguars and that's how Indy wants to roll.

Thanks for helping with mine http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=378040

I like the upside of T Rich more than Martin at this specific time. Things may change any day going forward but once Trich gets comfy in IND, I forsee magical things happening. The rookie QB for TB has a lot to do in order to take the pressure of Martin.

I'm leaning towards Trent Richardson. Better offense, more scoring opportunities, and his familiarity will only get better. His involvement will most likely stay steady or improve over time. I am also a Trent Richardson owner myself and I am a bit afraid of his usage going forward, but I'd still take Trent over Doug. You can tell that Richardson's plays are somewhat limited at the moment, but that will improve. He is protecting Luck and I think most people are discounting this skill of his as well.

20 carries for 60 yards and 1 TD may be "lackluster" but the playaction worked very well against the Jaguars and that's how Indy wants to roll.

Thanks for helping with mine http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=378040

anything works against the jags

I'd rather have Doug than Trent.

Doug is THE weapon in Tamba now that V-jax doesn't have a QB to throw to him.

Trent has other receivers, a TE, another RB, and a rushing QB to compete with. Granted it will open the running lanes up better, but he isn't the #1 option in that offense.

They're both a gamble. As things stands my gut says Martin will wind up being the better player. Neither are exactly explosive, but Trent got an upgraded situation AND was an every down type of back this past week and still did little. I'd go Martin, he has more upside at this point IMO.