Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Jurickson Profar 2014 Outlook

I am now targettinf him I'm all of my leagues

How high is his ADP going to go up now? If he remains a flier I'd be glad to take him, but he hasn't shown anything to prove that he will put up real numbers this year. I could see a lot of people getting him early and being stuck with a 10/15 season with low average, but could easily see a 15/25 season with solid average too.

Eligible at 2B, SS, and 3B is great, could end up a top 5 SS/2B if he puts it all together this year.

Will he still get 10 starts at SS? That would be nice.

I doubt it with Andrus there but he played there enough last year to be eligible in most formats. 2B is still really nice.

Much less happy about him long-term at 2B. Oh well. We'll see if he's ready for the full-time role, hopefully for Texas' sake he is.

As a Ranger fan I'm loving this trade. Not that Prince's deal is a bargain, but I thought Kinsler's was horrible so a plus there. This was one of the very rare trades that looks really good for both teams at the time of the trade.

Doesn't impact fantasy, but Andrus-Profar could be a pretty fun middle infield combo to watch, defensively, for a long time.

I imagine that it will probably be Andrus and Profar hitting 1-2 in the lineup. This could be bad news for Andrus owners if/when Profar gets comfortable and starts hitting well since he projects as a high avg/obp type guy. Andrus doesn't have the avg/obp for the top of the lineup imo, although he's only 25 himself so it's not impossible that he improves as well.

Either way, nice to have some exciting Rangers news after the horrible end to the season.

I hope profar shows enough in spring training to hit near the top, but Leonys Martin had a pretty good second half. As of right now I think profar is batting near the end

I hope profar shows enough in spring training to hit near the top, but Leonys Martin had a pretty good second half. As of right now I think profar is batting near the end

That could be a very nice lineup if Martin can continue what he did, and profar catch on quickly.

Martin

Profar

Beltre

Fielder

Cruz(maybe)

Rios

DH

Soto

Andrus

Profar could be a perfect 2 hitter, having good OBP with a little power and speed. That's my wishful thinking lineup, hoping Profar hits the ground running. Cruz in left scares the hell out of me though, not sure if I'll ever forget that botched play at the wall in the WS.

That could be a very nice lineup if Martin can continue what he did, and profar catch on quickly.

Martin

Profar

Beltre

Fielder

Cruz(maybe)

Rios

DH

Soto

Andrus

Profar could be a perfect 2 hitter, having good OBP with a little power and speed. That's my wishful thinking lineup, hoping Profar hits the ground running. Cruz in left scares the hell out of me though, not sure if I'll ever forget that botched play at the wall in the WS.

Andrus is not hitting 9th. Andrus had a great second half and he has a 100 + million dollar contract. He's batting 1st or 2nd. Its Martin or Profar along with him, and I think at this second it has to be Martin.

Agree with this but he hasn't earned the two spot just yet. I think he starts the year at the bottom of the order

I would venture to guess that unless something changes that Martin will lead off followed by Elvis (It's no surprise that Texas played their best ball when Andrus rebounded from a dreadful June and half of July) and then probably Beltre, Fielder, Rios. Hard to no exactly b/c the Rangers are expected to sign another bat and we don't know where that'll be. But if we had to guess based on just who's under contract, it'd probably be.....

Martin (may platoon with Gentry if he can't take a BB or hit lefties)

Andrus (could leadoff but will be 1 or 2)

Beltre

Fielder

Rios

Moreland? (just plugging him as the DH for but probably someone else)

Profar (could be 8th)

Soto (Will get another C so depends on who it is)

Gentry (Probably will get another OF, they don't trust Gentry and don't want him to turn into Murphy part deux)

Again, Texas will bring on another bat, maybe 2 so it's hard to know exactly what.......

I would venture to guess that unless something changes that Martin will lead off followed by Elvis (It's no surprise that Texas played their best ball when Andrus rebounded from a dreadful June and half of July) and then probably Beltre, Fielder, Rios. Hard to no exactly b/c the Rangers are expected to sign another bat and we don't know where that'll be. But if we had to guess based on just who's under contract, it'd probably be.....

Martin (may platoon with Gentry if he can't take a BB or hit lefties)

Andrus (could leadoff but will be 1 or 2)

Beltre

Fielder

Rios

Moreland? (just plugging him as the DH for but probably someone else)

Profar (could be 8th)

Soto (Will get another C so depends on who it is)

Gentry (Probably will get another OF, they don't trust Gentry and don't want him to turn into Murphy part deux)

Again, Texas will bring on another bat, maybe 2 so it's hard to know exactly what.......

This. If they bring in a bat, it will for LF replacing Gentry. That bat will most likely slide in after Rios or Fielder, depending on who it is. That lineup looks pretty dam nice.....speed everywhere in the lineup.....big bopper and some power all around. They need to add a pitcher too but Darvish-Holland-Perez-Ogando is solid. Could be front runners out of the AL next year.

Anthony Andro@aandro 6m

Rangers manager Ron Washington said as of now the plan is for Leonys Martin to leadoff for Rangers

Saw this play out with Segura last year.....Obviously not the same player, I just wouldn't read too much into that. If you believe in Profar then this should have no bearing on his value. As a result, maybe you can get him a round later, though.

Assuming profar isn't put into the lead off spot due to lack of other options, he looks to be a more natural 2 hitter than a lead off guy. I think his upside is a pedroia type guy with a high avg/obp, mid to high teens HR and 20+ stolen bases. Not talking about this year so much, but his career as a whole. The only way that happens this year is if he starts off hot and Andrus begins this year like last, which isn't completely out of the question. I don't think we'll miss Kinsler's base running(minus the SB success rate) as Profar seems to have the game figured out pretty well for his age. The way Kinsler played last year, we may not miss him at all.

I'm far from a baseball strategist, so I could be way off.

I think he could realistically go for a .265/.345/.415 line next season with 10-12 homers and maybe 8-10 SBs. Modest, but useful from the SS or 2B position in most leagues. Maybe he'll bust, but I think his advanced approach should allow him to make adjustments fairly quickly next season. Not expecting him to light the world on fire given his age, but I think he can be a solid contributor from a scarce position.

I think he could realistically go for a .265/.345/.415 line next season with 10-12 homers and maybe 8-10 SBs. Modest, but useful from the SS or 2B position in most leagues. Maybe he'll bust, but I think his advanced approach should allow him to make adjustments fairly quickly next season. Not expecting him to light the world on fire given his age, but I think he can be a solid contributor from a scarce position.

This. I think he can put up solid numbers that will help a team. It all depends on where he is drafted. If he can be a value then he could be worth it, but if he ends up receiving too much hype then I will wait for better options.