GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

So this isn't about blurbs, but as far as web design, I might change the title tags, they look a little funny when they truncate in tabbed browsing on some browsers..

Screen_Shot_2014_01_14_at_8_41_23_PM.png

Sir.... I don't think rotoworld is ... "that type" of website. Sorry.

• Like 1

So this isn't about blurbs, but as far as web design, I might change the title tags, they look a little funny when they truncate in tabbed browsing on some browsers..

Screen_Shot_2014_01_14_at_8_41_23_PM.png

Sir.... I don't think rotoworld is ... "that type" of website. Sorry.

It isn't unless you buy the "Season Pass"

• Like 3

The loss of HC Rob Chudzinski and OC Norv Turner is expected to negatively impact Jordan Cameron.

Once Chudzinski was hired a year ago, every sharp fantasy owner pegged Cameron as a prime breakout candidate. That's because Chud, a former tight end himself, runs schemes that had previously coaxed career years out of Kellen Winslow, Antonio Gates and Greg Olsen. Cameron proceeded to put his own mark on the position, ripping off a 80/917/7 line -- good for a No. 5 ranking among fantasy tight ends. He's talented enough to succeed in any scheme, but a new regime is unlikely to feature him as heavily.

Why do these idiots keep saying things like Norv is gone. He is still on the team and still under contract. In case anyone needs refreshing here is a link to the official Browns website with the coaching roster.

http://www.cleveland...am/coaches.html

Both will be gone in a matter of days. What's listed on the Browns website is meaningless at this point.

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh was the first pick of day one of the Pro Bowl draft.

Yes, the draft is stretched out over two days. Tuesday's selections were limited to defensive tackles, offensive linemen and special teams players. It's an extremely convoluted process, one seemingly drawn up by corporate-tax lawyers and lobbyists. Suh was drafted by "Team (Deion) Sanders," which is captained by J.J. Watt and Jamaal Charles. Opposing "Team Sanders" is "Team (Jerry) Rice," which is captained by Drew Brees and Robert Quinn. The full squads will be announced Wednesday evening. We're on pins and needles in anticipation.

Source: NFL.com

Not an error but I thought this was pretty funny. And I happen to agree with them.

• Like 1

Cordarrelle Patterson is expected to be the Vikings' starting split end "for years to come."

Patterson played behind Jerome Simpson for much of his rookie year, averaging just 28.0 snaps per game and finishing with a 45/469/4 line. But Simpson is an unrestricted free agent facing another NFL suspension and it's obvious to anyone with two functioning eyes that Patterson needs to be an every-down player. He has the natural ability to be Percy Harvin with the ball in his hands at a freakish 6'2/216. There won't be many better fantasy breakout candidates in 2014 than Patterson.

Uh, except for the fact that he can't run routes and has little football acumen other than "run really fast." There's still the question of who will his QB be and Jennings, and soon enough, Rudolph, will be the top dogs in that offense.

I wouldn't be counting on a Patterson "breakout" any time in the next year or two. He's still got a lot to learn other than "running fast" and still has no QB and is still the 3rd target on his team. He's still a gimmick player/kick returner. The Rotoworld blurb writer compares him to Percy Harvin but neglects the fact that Percy actually knows a route tree and is the model route-runner in general.

More mediocre Rotoworld b.s.

Cordarrelle Patterson is expected to be the Vikings' starting split end "for years to come."

Patterson played behind Jerome Simpson for much of his rookie year, averaging just 28.0 snaps per game and finishing with a 45/469/4 line. But Simpson is an unrestricted free agent facing another NFL suspension and it's obvious to anyone with two functioning eyes that Patterson needs to be an every-down player. He has the natural ability to be Percy Harvin with the ball in his hands at a freakish 6'2/216. There won't be many better fantasy breakout candidates in 2014 than Patterson.

Uh, except for the fact that he can't run routes and has little football acumen other than "run really fast." There's still the question of who will his QB be and Jennings, and soon enough, Rudolph, will be the top dogs in that offense.

I wouldn't be counting on a Patterson "breakout" any time in the next year or two. He's still got a lot to learn other than "running fast" and still has no QB and is still the 3rd target on his team. He's still a gimmick player/kick returner. The Rotoworld blurb writer compares him to Percy Harvin but neglects the fact that Percy actually knows a route tree and is the model route-runner in general.

i disagree with you

The guy scored TDs the more he got on the field. That is the definition of someone who needs to be on the field every down. BTW, how many route trees has Harvin run in the last season and a half?

And by your definition, that would make Harvin a better receiver than Josh Gordon, right? Please. Patterson is much more likely to be like Josh Gordon (same offensive system) than a complete bust.

Edited by joshua18

Percy Harvin has run the entirety of the route-tree in his time in the league. Patterson can't barely execute a fly route and gets jammed at the line way too easily.

His TDs were a result of fluky rushing TDs and kick returns - again, not showing any real ability other than to run fast. So again, your argument is stupid. By your ridiculous logic, Trindon Holliday needs to be on the field all the time for the Broncos.

Josh Gordon was a refined route-runner when he entered the league. That was actually a strength that scouts noticed in college. What did Gordon do in his rookie year v.s. what Patterson did in his? There's no comparison.

Patterson is a gimmicky WR and a gifted kick returner. No shame in that, but I haven't seen much from him as far as being an NFL-caliber WR and I doubt we see it next year either. It takes time. Especially from someone who didn't learn any routes in college.

I want consistency out of my WRs and Patterson offers none.

The Patterson to Gordon comparison is also ridiculous. If you're expecting that kind of production out of Patterson, I've got some oceanfront property in Phoenix I'd like to sell you.

Jennings is a declining possession receiver and Rudolph is no more than a RZ threat.

If anything, the argument should be that Patterson will have little competition for playing time, regardless of how poor of a player you think he is.

And why is that a good argument?

"Durrrr... the other players on his team suck so he must be good."

Don't forget about Jarius Wright either.

Jennings knows a route tree and will be utilized primary., Rudolph will be Cameron 2.0 in Norv's system. Patterson and Wright will be the Greg Little/Davone Bess role.

Oh yeah, who's there QB again? LOL.

• Like 1

Pioli deserves more credit than he's gotten for helping put together a talented Chiefs roster that went 11-5 in 2013 and produced five first- or second-team All-Pros (Jamaal Charles, Dontari Poe, Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, Dexter McCluster).

McCluster is not a bust but is not a good 2nd round pick. Hali and Charles WERE NOT DRAFTED BY PIOLI.

I see you know nothing about Norv Turner.

Norv sends receivers deep. Jennings is not a deep threat. What's your point? Name the last time a possession receiver put up big numbers in a Turner offense.

Percy Harvin has run the entirety of the route-tree in his time in the league. Patterson can't barely execute a fly route and gets jammed at the line way too easily.

His TDs were a result of fluky rushing TDs and kick returns - again, not showing any real ability other than to run fast. So again, your argument is stupid. By your ridiculous logic, Trindon Holliday needs to be on the field all the time for the Broncos.

Josh Gordon was a refined route-runner when he entered the league. That was actually a strength that scouts noticed in college. What did Gordon do in his rookie year v.s. what Patterson did in his? There's no comparison.

Patterson is a gimmicky WR and a gifted kick returner. No shame in that, but I haven't seen much from him as far as being an NFL-caliber WR and I doubt we see it next year either. It takes time. Especially from someone who didn't learn any routes in college.

I want consistency out of my WRs and Patterson offers none.

Percy Harvin hasn't run a route tree in the past year and a half, b/c he hasn't been on the field.

Patterson scored more TDs (9 total, 4 receiving, 3 rushing) than Gordon (5) in their rookie years. If you want to hate on Patterson, go ahead, but you should make stronger arguments, especially since Patterson will now be in the same system that helped Gordon to flourish.

Patterson and Gordon are nothing alike. Patterson is definitely not a deep threat.

Right...the fastest player on the team isn't a deep threat. Please.

Patterson and Gordon are nothing alike. Patterson is definitely not a deep threat.

Patterson really isn't a deep threat (almost half of his catches were behind the line of scrimmage), but he seems to have at least some potential to be one. I just don't see Jennings or Rudolph filling the vertical threat role in Turner's offense.

Anyway, this discussion probably has a place in a different thread.

Durrr..... again, just b/c he can run fast doesn't make him a WR. That's like saying Trindon Holliday is the best deep threat on the Broncos because he's the fastest player.

Please.

Durrr..... again, just b/c he can run fast doesn't make him a WR. That's like saying Trindon Holliday is the best deep threat on the Broncos because he's the fastest player.

Please.

Has Trindon Holliday scored any TDs as a receiver? Horrendous comparison. We obviously disagree, so lets leave it at that.

Edited by joshua18

Please.

Has Trindon Holliday scored any TDs as a receiver? Horrendous comparison. We obviously disagree, so lets leave it at that.

has Patterson scored any TD's as a WR? yes! 3 in his last 4 games actually. not to mention 3 more rushing TD's in his last 5 games. this is fantasy, i know it doesn't mean he's a good WR because he can rush but it all about fantasy points here and it makes him more valuable.

rookie WR usually struggle and at the end of the year Patterson started performing very well.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune does not anticipate free agent Toby Gerhart returning to the Vikings.

"It's hard to see Gerhart back in Minnesota," writes beat reporter Master Tesfatsion. Tesfatsion believes Gerhart has the "talent to be a lead back in the NFL," though we don't agree. Still, investing in a long-term backup for Adrian Peterson wouldn't be a savvy move by Vikings GM Rick Spielman. Expect Zach Line, Matt Asiata, and perhaps a late-round draft pick to vie for the job.

Yeah, a 4.7 YPC over 4 seasons screams "part-time role" to me. Not to mention he has done a more than serviceable job when he's had to start for Peterson. It appears Rotoworld is again letting their shoddy analysis get in the way of news reporting.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune does not anticipate free agent Toby Gerhart returning to the Vikings.

"It's hard to see Gerhart back in Minnesota," writes beat reporter Master Tesfatsion. Tesfatsion believes Gerhart has the "talent to be a lead back in the NFL," though we don't agree. Still, investing in a long-term backup for Adrian Peterson wouldn't be a savvy move by Vikings GM Rick Spielman. Expect Zach Line, Matt Asiata, and perhaps a late-round draft pick to vie for the job.

Yeah, a 4.7 YPC over 4 seasons screams "part-time role" to me. Not to mention he has done a more than serviceable job when he's had to start for Peterson. It appears Rotoworld is again letting their shoddy analysis get in the way of news reporting.

Just out of curiosity, in your opinion, what is the minimum number of carries and minimum YPC that would constitute a starting caliber RB?

It's not so much his YPC, but his size - 230 lbs - and speed - 4.52 40 time - and his body of work over 4 seasons that leads most people to believe Gerhart could be successful in a full time role. He was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason - he was that good coming out of college and has the production, size, speed, and pedigree to back it up.

Saying that he can't be a starting RB in the NFL is borderline racist commentary by Rotoworld. There's every indication that he would be a solid RB if given a full-time role... but he's white so he must not be capable.

It's not so much his YPC, but his size - 230 lbs - and speed - 4.52 40 time - and his body of work over 4 seasons that leads most people to believe Gerhart could be successful in a full time role. He was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason - he was that good coming out of college and has the production, size, speed, and pedigree to back it up.

Saying that he can't be a starting RB in the NFL is borderline racist commentary by Rotoworld. There's every indication that he would be a solid RB if given a full-time role... but he's white so he must not be capable.

Okay I was just curious because YPC is the only thing you mentioned, and you have mentioned YPC as a determining factor in other topics as well. I just started to believe that you invested a little too much in YPC. I don't disagree with you that he could be capable - just going to be interesting to see what happens and if he is given a chance to start somewhere.