GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Earlier this week:

The Lions are expected to turn their attention to re-signing free agent Brandon Pettigrew.

Detroit locked up C Dominic Raiola to a new one-year deal this week and will now shift its focus to Pettigrew. The burly tight end is an above-average blocker and can play all three downs, but the Lions need to not overpay here. If the Lions do re-up Pettigrew, they need to find a pass-catcher to pair with him at tight end.

Today:

Joseph Fauria is expected to play an "important role" in new OC Joe Lombardi's offense.

Lombardi worked with Jimmy Graham in New Orleans and plans to bring the Saints playbook to Detroit, which has caught Fauria's attention. "I have a similar background to (Graham) with basketball and similar height and the way we play," Fauria said. "I think I can contribute very similarly to how he has with the Saints." Those are lofty aspirations. Fauria was merely a red-zone option as a rookie. His role could increase dramatically if free agent Brandon Pettigrew walks.

Durr.... Fauria's already on the team. Rotoworld - contradicting itself since declearing Alfred Morris undraftable and the very next day saying he's a potential RB1.

Rotoworld Blurb Writing 101

Step 1. State blatantly obviously

Step 2. develop hard on for player A

Week 1- Player A bombs

Blurb - Player A is still elite

Week 2- Player A bombs

Blurb- can't blame him with XXX qb

Week 3- Player A does ok

Blurb- See.....we told you he was the greatest

Week 4- Player A gets 0 points

Blurb- XXX D is tough

Week 5 Player A get negative points

Blurb- everyone has down days

Week 1- Player B 16 points

Blurb- fluke

week 2- 14

Blurb- fluke...don't chace production

week 3 - 6

Blurb- see we told he sucked

Week 4- 21

Blurb - Nothing written

week 5- 18

Blurb- might be developing

Week 6- G.O.A.T if he is on your waiver get him now (Playber B was off the waiver wire by week 2)

• Like 6

Rotoworld should just quit with telling us their opinions. They should do it how CBS does it and just write the news, and not give us their opinions so we can interpret the news how we want not how we are told. Everyone has a different opinion about every player so one person telling us their opinion will anger just as many as it will please.

Edit: this is mostly in response to them saying David Wilson's dynasty league stock is on the rise

Edited by Ddam2013

Wilson's head is still connected to his neck..............better get the hype train going.

• Like 2

rotoworld is good for injury news and inactive lists

rankings are a dime a dozen

and when you start attaching 1/2/3 after WR/RB/TE

I must have missed a very big offseason move for Lacy and Leveon Bell

Free agent RB James Starks will visit the Steelers on Monday.

The Steelers are an ideal landing spot for Starks, who posted 493 yards, four touchdowns, and a 5.53 YPC in a bounce-back 2013 season. Starks would immediately take over as the No. 2 running back behind Le'Veon Bell.

I must have missed a very big offseason move for Lacy and Leveon Bell

Free agent RB James Starks will visit the Steelers on Monday.

The Steelers are an ideal landing spot for Starks, who posted 493 yards, four touchdowns, and a 5.53 YPC in a bounce-back 2013 season. Starks would immediately take over as the No. 2 running back behind Le'Veon Bell.

Am I reading this wrong or is there nothing wrong with that?

• Like 2

HUGE steal for the Bears here:

Bears signed S Ryan Mundy to a two-year, $3 million deal.

Mundy started ten games for the Giants in 2013, recording 77 sacks, one sack, and one interception. Mundy will be given the opportunity to earn a starting job in Chicago, but he fits best in a third safety/special teams role

newest MJD blurb is harsh.

coming off a injury behind a bad joke of a oline with no weapons and clearly got better as time went on.

you would think he ran like mcgahee.

HUGE steal for the Bears here:

Bears signed S Ryan Mundy to a two-year, $3 million deal.

Mundy started ten games for the Giants in 2013, recording 77 sacks, one sack, and one interception. Mundy will be given the opportunity to earn a starting job in Chicago, but he fits best in a third safety/special teams role

77 sacks eh? And only 3 mil for the year? Straight robbery

Either typo or Gus Bradley covets oompa loompa CBs

Gratz is penciled in as a starter opposite Alan Ball, though Will Blackmon is also in the mix. Blackmon handles slot duties in sub-packages. Gratz played 494 defensive snaps as a rookie and missed time with two separate ankle injuries. Quarterbacks produced a meager 75.7 rating while throwing at Gratz. At 5-foot-1 and 201 pounds, he has the size coach Gus Bradley covets.

this is amazing this thread exists and there are more people out there like me. I know so many people that swear by and live by Roto and I love it because they are my fantasy football competition.

What I will say about Roto is that these guys are the best free site in the game when it comes to breaking news however. Playerline is a great app I use to FWIW.

My issue w/ Roto is what comes in blue (their takes) after what comes in black (mostly factual news). I find their assessments on point about 50% of the time, literally a coin flip. But when you train your eye to only read what's written in black, and fill in your own comments in blue, they are a rock solid website.

• Like 1

this is amazing this thread exists and there are more people out there like me. I know so many people that swear by and live by Roto and I love it because they are my fantasy football competition.

What I will say about Roto is that these guys are the best free site in the game when it comes to breaking news however. Playerline is a great app I use to FWIW.

My issue w/ Roto is what comes in blue (their takes) after what comes in black (mostly factual news). I find their assessments on point about 50% of the time, literally a coin flip. But when you train your eye to only read what's written in black, and fill in your own comments in blue, they are a rock solid website.

Black : T-rich had a an disappointing week this Sunday. The 5th week averaging under /.5ypc a And no TSS during this period

Roto Blue: Hail Saint Trent Richardson. He is so big and strong and fast and has burst. Jesus 2.0 also has great catching abilities, is a workhorse and elite rb. He is so awesome his sweat probably cures cancer and AIDS.

Real Blue: what a ****ing loser

• Like 1

The blue is what makes it fun...even when you disagree. I enjoyed the lamar miller pumping last year, even when it was way overdone. It's just plain old funny.

Let's give them there dues when they put out something good, though. I actually really liked their most recent article on second year running backs. The article was long on facts and information and the author really only briefly inserted his opinion. That's exactly the kind of article that is useful for draft planning.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you want opinions? (this is more a reply to everyone than the last poster)

Edited by Iron-cock

Why wouldn't you want opinions? (this is more a reply to everyone than the last poster)

I'd rather have facts and data and then come to my own conclusions. I don't mind the author giving his opinion, but just as long as that isn't the main focus of the article.

• Like 2

I have no issue with opinions. It's opinions pushed as fact I have issue with. But at the end of the day, I don't really have issue, because I believe they are mostly idiots, and I love that many people in my fantasy league listen to them as Gospel.

Their free fantasy news breaking service is incredible though, and Greg Peshek writes great articles breaking down draft prospect metrics.

That's funny you thought that 2nd year RB article was good. I thought it was trash. He went through showing 10 years of RBs that had good rookie years and how they did in their 2nd year. In an NFL that has entirely changed over the last 10 years then the author goes on to say, I don't know what the hell any of this means.

To be honest, I really don’t know why runners that had success as rookies to fail so often as sophomores

Then he goes onto make conclusions based on understanding of the game and of coaches and doesn't use any of the data he dug up. It was just a bunch of worthless data used to perpetuate a belief that a "sophomore slump" is a real thing (it's not).

But at the end of the day I still read it, and I've been wrong before. Maybe I'll be wrong again.

FWIW, I have the exact same opinions that he does in his conclusions (Love: Gio B, Really like: Eddie Lacy, Buyer Beware: Stacy, Ellington, and Lev Bell).

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

That's funny you thought that 2nd year RB article was good. I thought it was trash. He went through showing 10 years of RBs that had good rookie years and how they did in their 2nd year. In an NFL that has entirely changed over the last 10 years then the author goes on to say, I don't know what the hell any of this means.

A better article would have attempted to analyze the exact reasons why a lot of those running backs had down years in year 2. Did injuries derail them? I'm willing to bet that with many of them that was the case. Were there injuries to key O-linemen? Injury to the quarterback? Brutal schedules? It wasn't a perfect article, but a step up from the "you should be taking x player in round 1 because we say so" types of articles.

• Like 1

A better article would have attempted to analyze the exact reasons why a lot of those running backs had down years in year 2. Did injuries derail them? I'm willing to bet that with many of them that was the case. Were there injuries to key O-linemen? Injury to the quarterback? Brutal schedules? It wasn't a perfect article, but a step up from the "you should be taking x player in round 1 because we say so" types of articles.

Yeah I hear you bro and agree w/ you.

Since this is the thread for this... JEFF Flacco might be having a new backup in town:

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens are "keeping an eye on" Texans reserve QBs T.J. Yates and Case Keenum.

Both have history with new Ravens OC Gary Kubiak from Houston, and beat writer Jeff Zrebiec believes Kubiak "would be intrigued, especially by Yates." Yates is more the classic pocket passer than Keenum, and would make for a more natural backup behind Jeff Flacco. The Ravens' current backup quarterback is Tyrod Taylor, who has struggled in the pros and may not appeal to Kubiak.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 2

Yeah I hear you bro and agree w/ you.

Since this is the thread for this... JEFF Flacco might be having a new backup in town:

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens are "keeping an eye on" Texans reserve QBs T.J. Yates and Case Keenum.

Both have history with new Ravens OC Gary Kubiak from Houston, and beat writer Jeff Zrebiec believes Kubiak "would be intrigued, especially by Yates." Yates is more the classic pocket passer than Keenum, and would make for a more natural backup behind Jeff Flacco. The Ravens' current backup quarterback is Tyrod Taylor, who has struggled in the pros and may not appeal to Kubiak.

Jeff Flacco doesn't need no stinking back up. He's already a lock Hall of Famer in the same class as Leon Sandcastle.

• Like 1

Flacco, lol

Remember last year fools were righting articles about him being "elite"

At least roto didn't bite to bad and said if you stream him you have to do it at home

The worst information is misinformation...

zmJEvLQ.jpg

But wait...

OwYLid9.jpg

Lord the writing quality is pathetic.