GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Julius Thomas (ankle) ready to rock Sunday Julius Thomas (ankle) is active for Sunday's game against the Bills. A true game-time call, Thomas tested out his balky ankle in the pre-game warmup and will suit up. Given that the Broncos shouldn't necessarily need him to beat the Bills at home, we'd expect his normal role. That means Julius must be in all fantasy lineups as arguably Peyton Manning's favorite red-zone target.

Huh????

I said the same thing when I read it. Whoever wrote that needs to be canned

This freaking blurb most likely will cost me a playoff win. I had Kelce in, checked JTs status 2 minutes before kickoff and made the switch. Ridiculous.

Me too, Boiler. Lost by four points with Kelce riding the bench.

You manage your roster, not Rotoworld. Have some accountability.

Julius Thomas (ankle) ready to rock Sunday Julius Thomas (ankle) is active for Sunday's game against the Bills. A true game-time call, Thomas tested out his balky ankle in the pre-game warmup and will suit up. Given that the Broncos shouldn't necessarily need him to beat the Bills at home, we'd expect his normal role. That means Julius must be in all fantasy lineups as arguably Peyton Manning's favorite red-zone target.

Huh????

This freaking blurb most likely will cost me a playoff win. I had Kelce in, checked JTs status 2 minutes before kickoff and made the switch. Ridiculous.

I do take accountability. But when they use the phrases "Ready to rock" and "must be in all lineups" and then he doesn't even play I feel their quote was over the top with optimism. The information was unreliable and cost some people some serious $.

Huh????

Huh????

I do take accountability. But when they use the phrases "Ready to rock" and "must be in all lineups" and then he doesn't even play I feel their quote was over the top with optimism. The information was unreliable and cost some people some serious $.

Their wording is irrelevant. You made the decision to bench Kelce, not Roto. You only have yourself to blame.

I'd have to disagree to a sense. Yes, everyone is accountable in the end for their team but as someone said..the words "ready to rock" and "must be in all lineups" to me gives a sense that he is sure to play...that there is some report or sense from the people involved with the Broncos organization(mainly beat writers) that he will be in. That is why we all are here for Rotoworld..because they are supposed to be providing information that we can;t just get anywhere. I live in New York City....I can't just find out what a random Broncos writer said on a local news cast, but Rotoworld has people all over the nation and should be able to give that info. If I read those quotes as a JT owner I'm thinking that there is some sense from the game that he is going to play. If the choice is between a 70% JT or a 100% Kelce I'm taking a Julius 100 times out of 100.

If you don't have the insight then don't put up s--- like that. It's that simple...why say he must be in all lineups if that's simply not true.

Yes it isn't Roto's responsibility for who we play but it is their responsibility for the information and more importantly the guiding information they put out there.

• Like 1

"Cam Newton has been diagnosed with two transverse process fractures in his lower back, but "no further internal injuries."

The injury is very similar to the one Tony Romo suffered on Monday Night Football in Week 8. Romo ended up missing just one game, but was limited in Week 10 before getting a Week 11 bye to heal up. According to the Panthers, it's "unclear" if Newton will be available for Sunday's game against the Bucs. With Carolina's season in the gutter and Newton already having taken a massive beating this season, we wouldn't be surprised to see him shut down for the final three games. Derek Anderson is Newton's backup. Dec 9 - 3:28 PM"

Carolina is one game back in their division with three to play.

• Like 2

"Cam Newton has been diagnosed with two transverse process fractures in his lower back, but "no further internal injuries."
The injury is very similar to the one Tony Romo suffered on Monday Night Football in Week 8. Romo ended up missing just one game, but was limited in Week 10 before getting a Week 11 bye to heal up. According to the Panthers, it's "unclear" if Newton will be available for Sunday's game against the Bucs. With Carolina's season in the gutter and Newton already having taken a massive beating this season, we wouldn't be surprised to see him shut down for the final three games. Derek Anderson is Newton's backup. Dec 9 - 3:28 PM"

Actually they're only 1/2 a game back. They're a Saints loss from controlling their own destiny for a second straight division title.

Actually they're only 1/2 a game back. They're a Saints loss from controlling their own destiny for a second straight division title.

Just proves the more point more. Now they edited that part out completely. LOL!

Cam Newton has been diagnosed with two transverse process fractures in his lower back, but "no further internal injuries."

The injury is very similar to the one Tony Romo suffered on Monday Night Football in Week 8. Romo ended up missing just one game, but was limited in Week 10 before getting a Week 11 bye to heal up. According to the Panthers, it's "unclear" if Newton will be available for Sunday's game against the Bucs. With Newton already having taken a massive beating this season, we wouldn't be surprised to see him shut down. Derek Anderson is Newton's backup.

Maybe they finally got wind of this thread and are using us to be their proof readers HAHA.

Nope - latest Cam blurb still proudly insisting that Carolina has nothing to play for.

Kinda embarrassed for these guys at this point...

• Like 1

The Charlotte Observer reports Cam Newton (back) is likely to miss Week 15.

"Right now it's all about Cam's well being," were the words of a Panthers spokesman. Newton is dealing with two transverse process fractures in his lower back, an injury that cost Tony Romo a game earlier this season. It's not a long-term issue, but could end Newton's 2014. Newton has taken a beating behind Carolina's ramshackle offensive line, and there's no reason for the 4-8-1 Panthers to rush him back.

Um, except they are a half game behind the division leader?

Edited by Sidearmer

I like how they call Gronk a "top 3 tight end play". Umm, no. Gronk is the unanimous number one TE every week regardless of his match up or the match up of the other tight ends. He is in a league of his own.

I like how they call Gronk a "top 3 tight end play". Umm, no. Gronk is the unanimous number one TE every week regardless of his match up or the match up of the other tight ends. He is in a league of his own.

With Graham struggling right now there is no question about this.

Donte Moncrief caught zero passes on four targets in Sunday's 17-10 Week 15 win over the Texans.

It was an extremely frustrating day for Andrew Luck, Moncrief and the entire Colts pass game. Luck was not sharp, generating just two scoring drives on 14 possessions. Moncrief was the No. 3 wideout ahead of Hakeem Nicks, but was not on the field when Nicks caught a 26-yard TD pass in the second quarter. Moncrief also had Danieal Manning beat deep for a bomb, but Luck overthrew him by a half-yard. Later, Moncrief had a 48-yard TD off a deflection called back by a holding call drawn by J.J. Watt. The physically freakish rookie's usage was reasonable in this one, but showed today he needs Reggie Wayne to really be a safe fantasy play. There are just too many mouths to feed in Indy.

Mark Sanchez completed just 17-of-28 passes for 252 yards and two interceptions in Sunday night's Week 15 loss the Cowboys.

It was another disastrous start from Sanchez, who was sacked four times and threw two costly second-half interceptions. The majority of his yards came on a short pass that Jeremy Maclin turned into a 72-yarder. Sanchez's play the last two games has the Eagles in danger of missing the playoffs. With Nick Foles a candidate to return next week, Sanchez could be relegated to backup duties.
  • Like 1

Zach Ertz secured 15-of-18 targets for 115 yards in Saturday's Week 16 loss to Washington.

The 15 catches are a franchise record, while the 18 targets were by far his most of the season. Unfortunately, Ertz only had one red-zone look. It's an overdue breakout from Ertz, who had been playing limited snaps behind Brent Celek. Ertz will be a high-upside TE1 in Week 17 against a Giants defense that struggles to cover tight ends.

Ertz hasn't done diddly all year but after 1 game he is all of a sudden a high upside TE1? He was a TE2 going into this game. 1 game doesn't completely change his outlook.

Jimmy Clausen completed 23-of-39 passes for 181 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in Sunday's 20-14 Week 16 loss to the Lions.

Facing the league's No. 2 defense, Clausen played far better than his numbers looked. Bears receivers dropped an absurd seven passes, many of them easy catches on third downs that would have kept drives alive. Clausen's lone turnover was a fourth-down Hail Mary with under two minutes left in the game. He was very confident and calm both in pre-snap reads and in the pocket, executing Marc Trestman's offense far better than benched Jay Cutler has in the last month. It reaffirms our belief that Cutler was the issue for the Bears' offense, not Trestman. Cutler just won't listen to the whispers.Dec 21 - 4:13 PM

Jimmy Clausen has been diagnosed with a concussion, and will be sidelined for Sunday's finale against the Vikings.

Clausen took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Lions RE Ziggy Ansah in Sunday's loss, and apparently suffered "delayed" symptoms. He didn't miss a snap, but ended up going to the hospital on Sunday evening. The league still has a long way to go with concussions. Clausen's injury means Jay Cutler will be back under center for Week 17, and backed up by sixth-round rookie David Fales. The timing couldn't be worse for Clausen, who didn't put anything persuasive on film Sunday. There's no guarantee he'll get a No. 2 job for 2015. Dec 22 - 2:33 PM

Sooooo I guess they were watching two different Bears games yesterday?

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

From Peyton Manning's blurb:

It was one of the worst passes you'd ever see, as it was thrown by weak-armed Peyton off his back foot and into the rain.

I'm not sure that Peyton could have avoided throwing into the rain, it seemed to be raining all over the field!

• Like 1

Preston Parker caught two passes for 20 yards in Sunday's Week 17 loss to the Eagles.

Parker took over as the primary slot receiver following Victor Cruz's Week 12 injury. He was not up to the task. Despite the bump in playing time, Parker finished with just 36 catches for 418 yards and two touchdowns. He'll have to fight for a roster spot this offseason and in training camp.
Dec 28 - 6:31 PM
Just six weeks off the mark but whose counting ;)
  • Like 1

Cowboys placed DT Henry Melton on injured reserve with a bone bruise in his knee, ending his season.

LB James Anderson was signed in a corresponding roster move. It's a huge loss for a Cowboys team that generated just 28 sacks this season (28th in the league). Melton's five quarterback takedowns were second on the team behind Jeremy Mincey's six even though he played just 433 snaps. If there's good news for Melton, it's that the injury is to his right knee. He missed the majority of 2013 with a torn left ACL. Melton is headed to the open market, where he'll likely be priced out of the cap-strapped Cowboys' range.

** Says here he is headed to free agency, but I am pretty sure Cowboys have a 3-year option on him after the first year. He still may be headed to FA, but only if the Cowboys decline the option.

NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reports the Bengals are preparing for Saturday night's wild-card clash with the Steelers as if A.J. Green will not play.

Green was listed as doubtful after missing practice on Friday. With Green likely out, the Bengals will lean on their running game against the Steelers. Both Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard could get 15-plus touches against Pittsburgh. Mohamed Sanu will also have an expanded role. Sanu had four, 14, nine and nine targets in the four games without Green this season.

Apparently the bengals are playing the steelers tonight lol

• Like 2

Tannenbaum didn't stand out as a man deserving of a second chance to oversee someone's entire football operation, but the Dolphins rarely make sound decisions. Tannenbaum was an abject disaster his final years in the Big Apple, though did have the good sense to hire Rex Ryan, and oversaw a roster that made back-to-back AFC Championship Games.

He's probably due another shot at it. He was key in creating the poison pill contract that brought Curtis Martin to the Jets. He drafted well as a GM when Mangini was around, but the drafts went into the crapper when Rex came to town. Resigning Sanchez was a huge mistake, but odds are he was being pushed to do that by the coaching staff.

Tannenbaum is great with the cap, negotiations, and acquiring players via trade. He absolutely needs talent evaluators around him though.

Brenton Bersin caught one pass for 11 yards in Saturday's Divisional Round loss at Seattle.

A 2012 UDFA out of tiny Wofford, Bersin beat out more noted receivers for a roster spot in camp. The former practice squadder ended up appearing in 15 regular season games, going 13-151-1 as a receiver while pitching in as a (shaky) return man. Bersin also has salon quality hair. The bad news is he's slow (4.60 speed), the NFL stage appears too big for him and he will have to fight for a roster spot again in 2015.
Is there a word quota they had to get to? Come one really? I know it is the off-season for fantasy, and there are only a few games left, but come on.
  • Like 2

Brenton Bersin caught one pass for 11 yards in Saturday's Divisional Round loss at Seattle.

A 2012 UDFA out of tiny Wofford, Bersin beat out more noted receivers for a roster spot in camp. The former practice squadder ended up appearing in 15 regular season games, going 13-151-1 as a receiver while pitching in as a (shaky) return man. Bersin also has salon quality hair. The bad news is he's slow (4.60 speed), the NFL stage appears too big for him and he will have to fight for a roster spot again in 2015.
Is there a word quota they had to get to? Come one really? I know it is the off-season for fantasy, and there are only a few games left, but come on.

I love how they phrased it like they were presenting two sides of an argument for his being in the league

On one hand, he's slow and bad

On the other hand, his follicles are luscious

We recommend a second round pick, coming off the board right after Trent Richardson

This is surely to get 49ers fans excited. Not. Tomsula is a hell of a man and fine football coach, but going from one of the greatest coaches in team history (Jim Harbaugh) to Tomsula doesn't excite anyone. The 49ers are staying in-house with Tomsula, who has been with the team as its DL coach since 2007. He beat out Broncos OC Adam Gase and in-house DC Vic Fangio. The 49ers are getting continuity and a coach that won't meddle in personnel decisions, but the hiring will ultimately be judged by who Tomsula gets to run the offense. Tomsula is expected to bring in ex-Raiders DC Jason Tarver as his defensive coordinator.

What the freak? Bill Walsh? George Seifert? Hell even Mooch went to the playoffs 4 out of his 6 years there. Looking it up, there 1st coach Buck Shaw seems pretty amazing.

Sure against Singletary, Nolan, and Erickson I get it, but did the 49ers become a team in 2003? is that where history began? Let's see how Harbaugh fares when he has to stick around for a while in one place.

Let's pump the brakes on the Harbaugh handies. Right up there with the recruits talking about how he is the Lebron of coaching.

This is surely to get 49ers fans excited. Not. Tomsula is a hell of a man and fine football coach, but going from one of the greatest coaches in team history (Jim Harbaugh) to Tomsula doesn't excite anyone. The 49ers are staying in-house with Tomsula, who has been with the team as its DL coach since 2007. He beat out Broncos OC Adam Gase and in-house DC Vic Fangio. The 49ers are getting continuity and a coach that won't meddle in personnel decisions, but the hiring will ultimately be judged by who Tomsula gets to run the offense. Tomsula is expected to bring in ex-Raiders DC Jason Tarver as his defensive coordinator.
What the freak? Bill Walsh? George Seifert? Hell even Mooch went to the playoffs 4 out of his 6 years there. Looking it up, there 1st coach Buck Shaw seems pretty amazing.
Sure against Singletary, Nolan, and Erickson I get it, but did the 49ers become a team in 2003? is that where history began? Let's see how Harbaugh fares when he has to stick around for a while in one place.
Let's pump the brakes on the Harbaugh handies. Right up there with the recruits talking about how he is the Lebron of coaching.

Harbaugh is the third greatest coach in SF history behind Walsh and Seifert. There is no hyperbole about that. Mooch took over a team with a HOF QB close to his prime and got to only 1 NFC title game without reaching a SB. Harbaugh took Alex Smith and a second-year 2nd round pick to 3 straight NFC title games, including 1 SB.

The third greatest coach in an organization's history deserves respect -- especially if that coach has the record Harbaugh had over his 4 years there, particularly considering the dumpster fire he inherited from Singletary. Whenever his time with Michigan is over, he'll be back in the NFL.

Edited by joshua18