GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Love me some rotoworld blurbs. Which is it, does he have leverage or not? I guess that depends on which drunk monkey is sitting in front of the keyboard

Sources tell FOX Sports Antonio Brown is seeking a new contract and is mulling a holdout.

Brown signed a six-year, $43.04 million contract in July of 2012. Since, he's been the most productive wideout in the league, racking up 305 catches for 3,984 yards with 26 touchdowns. But his average annual salary of $8.39 million ranks 13th among receivers, so Brown won't attend offseason workouts and is also considering a holdout from both mandatory minicamps and training camp. Brown is absolutely invaluable to the Steelers, and he'll likely get a raise if he really digs his heels in. It's now a question of how long the saga will drag out. Apr 20 - 10:47 AM
Antonio Brown reported to the Steelers facility Monday and is participating in voluntary workouts.
Brown didn't show up as the offseason program opened last week, sparking reports that he wants a new contract and was mulling a holdout. If that were true, Brown has apparently reconsidered digging his heels in. He likely knew he had little leverage as he's just three years into a six-year, $43 million deal. The Steelers have a staunch history of not renegotiating deals with more than one year left, even for players like Brown that led the NFL in both receptions and receiving yards last year. Agent Drew Rosenhaus will continue to try to get his client more money, but it's simply not going to happen. Apr 27 - 10:38 AM
  • Like 1

Monday's game between the White Sox and Orioles has been postponed due to the protests in Baltimore.........................oh that's not what i'd call it

Odell Beckham will grace the cover of EA Sports' Madden 16.

He beat out Rob Gronkowski in an online fan vote. At age 22, Beckham is the youngest player ever to grace the cover of Madden. Although some believe there is a "curse" associated with being on the game's cover,Madden 15 cover boy Richard Sherman earned first-team All-Pro honors last season, intercepting four passes while emerging as the NFL's premier shutdown corner.

This is one of my favorite blurbs of all time.

First of all, it implies that him winning cover is useful fantasy news

Secondly it defends the curse with Richard Sherman being on it last year

Thirdly the clearly bored rotoworld writer lists all the stats of Richard Sherman in case you didn't know he was good. (Also doesn't mention Calvin who is a fantasy player and didn't suffer any curse a couple years ago.)

I would love to play in a league where OBJ's draft stock went down because of the madden cover

• Like 1

PLEASE O GOD PLEASE GO LOOK AT THE BLURB ABOUT THE GAME 7 BETWEEN THE CLIPPERS AND ROCKETS. THIS IS THE WINNER OF THE BLUB MISTAKES. THE BLURB IS ABOUT DWIGHT HOWARD AND THE PICTURE IS OF SOME OTHER GUY!! I don't follow basketball so I don't know who it is but I know it ISN'T Dwight Howard. I took a screen shot but I can't upload it :( Hands down this wins for this thread.

Secondly it defends the curse with Richard Sherman being on it last year

PastUnfortunateBarbet.gif

• Like 1

According to the Delaware County Times, the Eagles plan to "divide" carries between DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews this season.

The Philadelphia Inquirer previously predicted Mathews would finish in the "mid-100s" in terms of carries. "They’re two really fine players," OC Pat Shurmur said Wednesday. "They’re two guys that have been starters in places that they’ve been and they’re going to come here and kind of share the role." Although Murray is entrenched as the lead back, Mathews could flirt with flex value this season as the 1B to DeMarco's 1A. If something happens to Murray, Mathews would become an instant every-week fantasy RB1.
So let me get this straight. Ryan Mathews, who has never finished higher than 12th in RB points in a season, will become an "instant every-week fantasy RB1" if Murray goes down. Completely disregard that LeSean McCoy wasn't even an RB1 last year. Oh, and they plan to divide the carries? You don't say! I thought they paid him 11 million dollars to touch the ball 3 times a game.
  • Like 1

Another absolutely horrible blurb, almost as if they are spitting narrative or agenda like some blurb writers clearly are.

The Chiefs want Alex Smith to be a more aggressive downfield passer.

Smith has developed a reputation as one of the league's most conservative passers. He only threw four passes longer than 35 yards last season. Of course, part of that was because he didn't have a go-to deep threat. Jeremy Maclin should be more than up to the task after leading the Eagles with 1,318 yards and ten touchdowns last season. Even if Smith adds the deep ball to his repertoire, we'd still expect Kansas City to lean heavily on its running game.
Related: Jeremy Maclin
Gee, looks like Alex Smith had a deep ball in his repertoire, he just added a better WR so it might help. Great blurb as always. :rolleyes:

Question, is Smith throwing the deep ball and throwing it well in that video?

So please, do not say he cant throw a deep ball it really (which is insinuated by saying "IF") makes it obvious the people who say such things have no clue about the situation and/or are just repeating rhetoric from disgruntled fantasy owners over the years.

Say it with me, Bowe is no Maclin.

Edited by Slaptastics

According to the Delaware County Times, the Eagles plan to "divide" carries between DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews this season.

The Philadelphia Inquirer previously predicted Mathews would finish in the "mid-100s" in terms of carries. "They’re two really fine players," OC Pat Shurmur said Wednesday. "They’re two guys that have been starters in places that they’ve been and they’re going to come here and kind of share the role." Although Murray is entrenched as the lead back, Mathews could flirt with flex value this season as the 1B to DeMarco's 1A. If something happens to Murray, Mathews would become an instant every-week fantasy RB1.

So let me get this straight. Ryan Mathews, who has never finished higher than 12th in RB points in a season, will become an "instant every-week fantasy RB1" if Murray goes down. Completely disregard that LeSean McCoy wasn't even an RB1 last year. Oh, and they plan to divide the carries? You don't say! I thought they paid him 11 million dollars to touch the ball 3 times a game.

12th in RB points is an RB1 in 12-team leagues. And if Murray goes down, Mathews would absolutely have RB1 upside in the Eagles offense. I think you're reaching a bit with this one...

• Like 2

12th in RB points is an RB1 in 12-team leagues. And if Murray goes down, Mathews would absolutely have RB1 upside in the Eagles offense. I think you're reaching a bit with this one...

Particularly when Mathews was RB7 overall in 2011. Lead back for the Eagles has RB1 potential.

I know this is baseball but I just had to bring these two doozies over to the football world... These came across the site 3 minutes apart.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Wilmer Flores will head to the Brewers with Zack Wheeler in exchange for outfielder Carlos Gomez.
It's unclear if he'll be utilized at shortstop for the Mets, or if he'll take over their vacancy at third base. The 23-year-old was hitting .249/.281/.379 with 10 homers and 40 RBI in 92 games with the Mets this season. It's a nice haul for the Brewers in exchange for a year-plus of Gomez. Jul 29 - 9:17 PM

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Braves would receive Hector Olivera from the Dodgers as part of the rumored three-team deal with the Marlins.

The Braves would send Jim Johnson and Alex Wood to the Braves and in return acquire Michael Morse, a competitive balance draft pick along with Olivera.

Jul 29 - 9:20 PM
For those unfamiliar with baseball all players mentioned, according to these blurbs, are being traded to the team they were being traded from. YAY ROTOWORLD. :lol:
At least they won't need to travel far.
Edited by GottaGetTheWin

LeSean McCoy departed Tuesday's practice with a left leg injury.

McCoy remained down on the field for several moments before limping to the locker room. A team already missing Fred Jackson (hamstring), Karlos Williams (illness), Anthony Dixon (calf) and Bryce Brown (hamstring) can't afford anything more than a day-to-day injury from its bell-cow back. The Bills will finish Tuesday's practice with Bronson Hill and Ricky Seale as their only healthy runners. McCoy can be safely ruled out for Thursday's game against the Lions. His status will be updated some time in the next 24 hours.
Nope...bills play the browns.
Glad to see the blurbs are in midseason form

It is indeed a reach. McCoy's 2014 isn't a good indicator of a trend. McCoy's 2013 season is the ceiling, or close to it, of what a RB can do in the Eagles offense. Ryan Mathews is definitely a handcuff to own, but likely an expensive one. Whichever RB is starting for the Eagles on a particular week has top-5 RB upside and shouldn't have an issue reaching RB1 numbers.

The Cardinals' website still expects Andre Ellington to open the year as the team's No. 1 back.

Coach Bruce Arians has opined recent signee Chris Johnson could earn No. 1 duties, but he's likely just trying to light a fire under Ellington, and perhaps third-rounder David Johnson. Although he may be the "starter," Ellington will almost certainly be utilized as a committee back. Arians is stubborn, but we can't imagine a repeat of 2014, where Ellington was repeatedly and fruitlessly slammed into brick walls. Aug 18 - 4:25 PM

Andre Ellington ran the ball twice for 12 yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Chargers.

He ripped off an 11-yard run on the opening drive and only saw one more carry after that. He was targeted three times in the passing game but finished without a catch. Ellington is locked in as the No. 1 back ahead of veteran Chris Johnson and promising rookie David Johnson. Aug 23 - 12:47 AM

5 days ago he is in a committee, today he is "locked in" as the number 1 back.

• Like 1

Anyone catch this series?

From July 20th...

=================================

According to WRTV-6 in Indianapolis, the Patriots, Ravens, Texans and Packers are among the teams showing interest in free agent Reggie Wayne.

This sounds like an agent-driven leak designed to drum up interest for a client. In reality, we'd be surprised if any of these teams were seriously considering the 36-year-old Wayne. He was brutally inefficient despite playing with Andrew Luck last season and has undergone three surgeries (ACL, triceps, knee) in the last 20 months. The only way this makes sense is if the Texans or Ravens see Wayne as a mentor for rookies Jaelen Strong and Breshad Perriman, respectively. The Packers and Patriots don't have room for Wayne in their wideout corps.

Later that day:

The Texans are not interested in free agent WR Reggie Wayne.

As expected, the "report" from WRTV in Indianapolis has no legs. The Texans, who didn't want anything to do with a declining Andre Johnson, surely don't want Wayne. They're going to go to battle with Cecil Shorts and rookie Jaelen Strong opposite rising stud DeAndre Hopkins. The Ravens are also expected to pass despite their thin receiving corps. The agent for Wayne has done his best to drum up interest, but his client remains a poor bet to play in the NFL again. Wayne, 36 and coming off three surgeries in the last 20 months, has nothing left.

The Ravens are not expected to pursue free agent WR Reggie Wayne.

A weak "report" came from an Indianapolis television station saying the Ravens were among four teams showing interest in the 36-year-old Wayne. It didn't take long for it to get shot down. Even though the Ravens only have Breshad Perriman, Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown behind aging Steve Smith, they know Wayne has nothing left.

Just so we're clear... Wayne has nothing left. "As expected" the "report" was garbage because Rotoworld already buried Reggie with all of their previous updates. Don't these teams pay attention to the Rotoworld writers????

Fast forward to August 24....

ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Packers will reach out to free agent WR Reggie Wayne.

Following the season-ending ACL tear to Jordy Nelson, Wayne could bring some veteran stability to the Packers' youngish receiving corps. Wayne had a physical with the Patriots on Sunday, but he has yet to reach an agreement. After not receiving much interest over the summer, it appears Wayne will find a new home early this week.

Wait a second... Aren't the Packers one of the teams mentioned in the original report that Rotoworld shot down as bogus?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Reggie Wayne's one-year contract with the Patriots is "worth up to nearly $3 million, including incentives."

Rapoport added Wayne got "almost $500k up front." Like RB Chris Johnson's deal with the Cardinals last week, these "incentives" are probably close to impossible for Wayne to reach. The nearly $500,000 guarantee is a big chunk of change, however, indicating New England expects Wayne to hang around the roster all season.

And signed by the Patriots, the other team mentioned in the original report. And for more than the veteran minimum?!? Hmm... that's kinda embarrassing, if you're a full time writer I'd say.

• Like 2

Not really wrong, but hilarious either way, clipboard duty for the entire year they already ruled him out ROS.

With the indefinite benching of Robert Griffin III, the Miami Dolphins D/ST will be squaring off with Washington QB Kirk Cousins in Week 1.

The matchup for the Dolphins D/ST got a bit more interesting when RGIII was assigned clipboard duty for the 2015 season.

Edited by pdog109

The Cardinals' website still expects Andre Ellington to open the year as the team's No. 1 back.
Coach Bruce Arians has opined recent signee Chris Johnson could earn No. 1 duties, but he's likely just trying to light a fire under Ellington, and perhaps third-rounder David Johnson. Although he may be the "starter," Ellington will almost certainly be utilized as a committee back. Arians is stubborn, but we can't imagine a repeat of 2014, where Ellington was repeatedly and fruitlessly slammed into brick walls. Aug 18 - 4:25 PM
Andre Ellington ran the ball twice for 12 yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Chargers.
He ripped off an 11-yard run on the opening drive and only saw one more carry after that. He was targeted three times in the passing game but finished without a catch. Ellington is locked in as the No. 1 back ahead of veteran Chris Johnson and promising rookie David Johnson. Aug 23 - 12:47 AM
5 days ago he is in a committee, today he is "locked in" as the number 1 back.

You can be the number 1 back and still be in a committee. See Alfred Morris and Roy Helu, Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell, etc.

Not really wrong, but hilarious either way, clipboard duty for the entire year they already ruled him out ROS.

With the indefinite benching of Robert Griffin III, the Miami Dolphins D/ST will be squaring off with Washington QB Kirk Cousins in Week 1.

The matchup for the Dolphins D/ST got a bit more interesting when RGIII was assigned clipboard duty for the 2015 season.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. They also posted a blurb saying something along the lines of RG3s tenure being officially over in Washington. I thought myself, holy **** that was quick, they already traded him?!?! Then I read the blurb to see all that happened is they moved him to #2 on the depth chart. Horrible journalism <_<

Titans acquired RB Terrance West from the Browns in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2016.

The 94th pick in the 2014 draft, West largely struggled as a rookie, failing to endear himself to the coaching staff and averaging 3.94 yards per carry. Tennessee is not a great landing spot for West's fantasy value; he'll likely be a timeshare back with Bish Sankey and Antonio Andrews, with Dexter McCluster vulturing all passing-down work. West is just a flyer at the end of fantasy drafts. The Titans seem hellbent on utilizing a deep RBBC for the second straight year under Ken Whisenhunt.
Sep 6 - 4:21 PM

Dolphins placed RB Jay Ajayi on injured reserve-designated for return.

The I.R./return list renders players ineligible for the first eight games of the season. Ajayi cracked multiple ribs in Miami's preseason finale and won't be eligible to return until Week 10, because the Dolphins have a Week 5 bye. The Dolphins will open the season with Damien Williams and LaMike James behind Lamar Miller. Ajayi is safe to drop in all re-draft leagues.
What?? Did the blurb writes become to hipster to use full names? Now we are using "cool" mini names?

Titans acquired RB Terrance West from the Browns in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2016.

The 94th pick in the 2014 draft, West largely struggled as a rookie, failing to endear himself to the coaching staff and averaging 3.94 yards per carry. Tennessee is not a great landing spot for West's fantasy value; he'll likely be a timeshare back with Bish Sankey and Antonio Andrews, with Dexter McCluster vulturing all passing-down work. West is just a flyer at the end of fantasy drafts. The Titans seem hellbent on utilizing a deep RBBC for the second straight year under Ken Whisenhunt.
Sep 6 - 4:21 PM

Dolphins placed RB Jay Ajayi on injured reserve-designated for return.

The I.R./return list renders players ineligible for the first eight games of the season. Ajayi cracked multiple ribs in Miami's preseason finale and won't be eligible to return until Week 10, because the Dolphins have a Week 5 bye. The Dolphins will open the season with Damien Williams and LaMike James behind Lamar Miller. Ajayi is safe to drop in all re-draft leagues.
What?? Did the blurb writes become to hipster to use full names? Now we are using "cool" mini names?

Tbf on that LaMike one: http://pro32.ap.org/article/dolphins-rb-lamichael-james-wants-go-lamike

LOL at cup of coffee, waht the lololol.

Packers signed WR James Jones, formerly of the Giants.

Jones, 31, spent 2014 primarily operating as the Raiders' slot receiver. He caught 73 balls for 666 yards and six touchdowns, averaging an anemic 9.1 yards per catch. Jones had a cup of coffee in Giants camp, but was a part of New York's final cuts. Familiar with the offense and trusted by Aaron Rodgers, Jones will likely take over as the Packers' No. 3 receiver in short order, ousting Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis. Jones should be added in 12- and 14-team fantasy leagues as a WR5 who could push for WR3 stats.
Edited by pdog109

RW blurb writers are killing me today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

According to ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer, the Cowboys' trade for Christian Michael is "more about insurance and depth."

For good reason, the Cowboys don't have much faith in underwear/cologne bandit Joseph Randle or oft-injured Darren McFadden. They want depth in the backfield, and Michael has a lot of talent even if deficiencies elsewhere in his game have limited C-Mike's playing time dating back to Texas A&M.

Ben Roethlisberger completed 26-of-38 passes for 351 yards, a touchdown and an interception in Pittsburgh's 28-21, Week 1 loss to the Patriots.

Big Ben had his offense moving all night, but things continually bogged down in the red zone. New kicker Josh Scobee complicated matters by shanking two kicks. Roethlisberger dimed no shortage of beautiful passes to Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton and Heath Miller, but the Steelers badly missed Martavis Bryant's presence in the red zone. Ben's TD was a garbage-time toss to Brown, while his pick was an ill-advised double coverage heave to Darrius Heyward-Bey. Ben will remain a mid-range QB1 for next week's meeting with the Steelers.
Nice to know Big Ben will be playing the Steelers next, their defense was awful tonight!
  • Like 1