GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Keenan Allen suffered a minor hip sprain in Sunday's loss to the Packers and "should be good to go" for Week 7.

Allen was briefly in the locker room Sunday before returning for a couple plays. He quickly exited again but remained on the sidelines, suggesting it wasn't a long-term issue. Allen was well on his way to probably catching 20 balls against Green Bay before the injury. He'll be a strong WR2 against the Raiders Sunday.
-On his way to catching 20 balls
-Strong WR2
Pick one.
The guy is on pace for 140 catches, 1600 yards, and 8 TDs. WR2 though.
Edited by jpmvg3
  • Like 2

From worthless, to 12-14 team league to must be owned, LOL RW forum knows whats up though

Making his NFL debut, Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-10 targets for 87 yards in the Vikings' Week 4 loss to the Broncos.

With Charles Johnson sidelined, Diggs tied Mike Wallace for the team lead in targets. Diggs created a ton of space against the Broncos' elite defense, and flashed the play-making ability that earned him a day-three flier out of Maryland. Diggs has no re-draft value, but remains worth stashing away in Dynasty leagues.
Oct 4 - 8:48 PM

Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility that Stefon Diggs has taken Charles Johnson's starting job.

Zimmer basically offered up a "no comment" on the situation, which is a strong sign Diggs has played himself into two-receiver sets opposite Mike Wallace. Diggs has only 40 fewer yards than Wallace despite being active for just 2-of-5 games. A legit playmaker who was a big-time recruit out of high school, Diggs is worth an add in 12-14 team leagues, especially in PPR formats.
Mike Wallace compared rookie WR Stefon Diggs' skill set to a young Antonio Brown.
Wallace played with Brown in Pittsburgh. "When you look at a guy, you can tell from day one who can play football. I always felt like he could," Wallace said. "Just the skill set, the way he runs his routes, the energy that he has. It reminds me of him." This comparison is over the top, but it has become apparent the Vikings are high on their rookie receiver. Diggs could be limited by the slow pace of the Minnesota offense and the return of Charles Johnson (ribs), but he has the playmaking ability to be useful even on limited targets. He needs to be owned in all leagues
  • Like 4

Wow RW blurb writers are such haters.

Dexter McCluster rushed five times for 20 yards and caught 6-of-8 targets for 48 yards in Tennessee's Week 7 loss to the Falcons.

Advice: McCluster started and saw more touches than Antonio Andrews. He made some nice plays in the pass game, but benefitted from Zach Mettenberger checking down all game. McCluster can continued to be ignored in fantasy leagues.

(Rotoworld.com)

That's 12.8 points in full PPR not too shabby in a deep league come on RW blurb writer you straight up dissed dude what did he ever do to you? You also misspelled benefitted.....

Edited by pdog109

Texans placed RB Arian Foster on injured reserve with a torn Achilles' tendon, ending his season.

S Kurtis Drummond has been promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding roster move. Foster is arguably the best player in Texans history, but it's quite possible his time in Houston is through. Due $7 million between salary and bonuses, Foster will be 30 in 2016, and coming off an explosion-sapping injury. If there's something working in Foster's Houston favor, it's that coach Bill O'Brien doesn't have a quarterback. Either way, Foster's health has his NFL future very much up in the air.

I'm sorry, but Foster is not "arguably better" than Andre Johnson or JJ Watt.

Texans placed RB Arian Foster on injured reserve with a torn Achilles' tendon, ending his season.

S Kurtis Drummond has been promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding roster move. Foster is arguably the best player in Texans history, but it's quite possible his time in Houston is through. Due $7 million between salary and bonuses, Foster will be 30 in 2016, and coming off an explosion-sapping injury. If there's something working in Foster's Houston favor, it's that coach Bill O'Brien doesn't have a quarterback. Either way, Foster's health has his NFL future very much up in the air.

Arian Foster has the 3rd most yards from scrimmage per game in NFL History.

• Like 1

Kole Calhoun has qualified for arbitration as a Super Two player.

This means he'll go through the arbitration process four times as opposed to the usual four. According to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register and MLB Trade Rumors, the 28-year-old outfielder just barely made the cut-off. Calhoun should get a nice payday after reaching career-highs with 26 home runs and 83 RBI this season.

I know that it's baseball but its really good to know that Kole has earned four years of arbitration as opposed to the usual four(supposed to be 3) he would usually get.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

JJ Watt is pretty good.

At being in stupid TV commercials.

Steelers placed RB Le'Veon Bell on injured reserve with a torn right MCL, ending his season.

It's brutal news for all involved, but the silver lining is that Bell will be ready to rock for 2016 after avoiding ACL damage. It's not all roses, as this is the second consecutive season Bell has seen ended by a right knee issue. Neither have been major, but the cumulative toll could eventually add up. Either way, Bell remains a top-12 pick in Dynasty startups. For 2015, DeAngelo Williams immediately slides into an every-down role, and is Week 9's top waiver wire add.

Apparently completely tearing your MCL isn't a major injury.

• Like 1

DeAngelo Williams rushed 17 times for 54 yards and caught one of two targets for 15 yards in the Steelers' Week 10 win over the Browns.

Williams went into halftime with just three rushing yards on seven carries.

He was obviously much better after the break, though a good portion of his yards came in the fourth quarter with the game already well in hand. We may have jumped the gun a little on Williams after his stunning 170-yard effort against Oakland in Week 9. He’s still getting plenty of volume and should settle in as a high-end RB2 going forward. He’ll get the Seahawks in Week 12. Pittsburgh has a bye week before that.

--------------------------

So Williams went from a top 5 RB 1 to a high end RB 2 in one week.

Dexter McCluster rushed three times for 25 yards and a touchdown and caught 4-of-5 targets for 27 yards Week 10 against the Panthers.

McCluster scored the Titans' only touchdown of the day on a 25-yard sprint through a gaping hole on the right side in the first quarter. The run was easily the highlight of his and offense's day, and his lost fumble in the fourth quarter officially ended the contest. No matter what happens in the early-down timeshare, McCluster projects to have a role the rest of the season. Still, he is not worth rostering in any formats.

um really cause a guy who has scored

PPR in his last 5 games, and has a significant role on a bad team that gets alot of garbage draws and dumpoffs is certainly un rosterable in every league

hes been my RB 2 for 4 weeks and a solid contributor

T.J. Yeldon (foot) has shed his walking boot, and expects to be "fine" for Thursday's game against the Titans.
Like teammate Allen Hurns, Yeldon has been banged up most of the season, but he's only missed one game. Locked into big workloads and facing a soft Titans run defense that just lost DT Sen'Derrick Marks, Yeldon will be an RB2, even at less than 100 percent on a short week.

He'll be facing his own team? Marks plays for the Jaguars....

Absolute gold

Penn State junior QB Christian Hackenberg completed 13-of-31 attempts for 138 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 28-16 loss to Michigan.

Vintage Hack. There were two or three throws here that only six or seven NFL quarterbacks could have made. Outside of that? Utterly lost. When faced with free pass rushers, Hackenberg has this maddening tendency to simply backpedal, as though throwing to a receiver, scrambling, throwing the ball away or simply falling down to save a few yards have been taken off the table as options. He's like this beautiful woman at the bar who you work up the courage to speak with only to discover why she's sitting by herself: Nervous, no self esteem, hyper negative and insulting, bad breath and an expectation that you'll pay for drinks all night. At a certain point, it's time to cut bait, which is what we've been advising evaluators to do with Hack since last season. Rotoworld's Josh Norris was one of Hackenberg's earliest critics. Our draft guru ranks him as the No. 6 QB in the class and compares him to a hybrid mashup of Brandon Weeden and Zach Mettenberger.

• Like 3

Absolute gold

Penn State junior QB Christian Hackenberg completed 13-of-31 attempts for 138 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 28-16 loss to Michigan.

Vintage Hack. There were two or three throws here that only six or seven NFL quarterbacks could have made. Outside of that? Utterly lost. When faced with free pass rushers, Hackenberg has this maddening tendency to simply backpedal, as though throwing to a receiver, scrambling, throwing the ball away or simply falling down to save a few yards have been taken off the table as options. He's like this beautiful woman at the bar who you work up the courage to speak with only to discover why she's sitting by herself: Nervous, no self esteem, hyper negative and insulting, bad breath and an expectation that you'll pay for drinks all night. At a certain point, it's time to cut bait, which is what we've been advising evaluators to do with Hack since last season. Rotoworld's Josh Norris was one of Hackenberg's earliest critics. Our draft guru ranks him as the No. 6 QB in the class and compares him to a hybrid mashup of Brandon Weeden and Zach Mettenberger.

I was laughing my a** off reading that blurb. But I also don't understand what people see in Hack... I don't watch college football, but his stats are HORRIBLE. What is so special about this bum.

Absolute gold

I was laughing my a** off reading that blurb. But I also don't understand what people see in Hack... I don't watch college football, but his stats are HORRIBLE. What is so special about this bum.

I would imagine it's like Leaf. The ability to make all the throws in a vacuum. He looks the part. He flashes the raw talent.

And everyone thinks you can develop the other stuff. Who knows, maybe you can, but starting him right away will be a death sentence for his career.

Kv5NXNQ.png?1

LOL. I remember stories of people picking up Chicago's AP by mistake.

• Like 1

I love the bias for and against certain players.

Case in point....

This week DTs blurb has no mention of him dropping passes...running bad routes...giving up on routes...and just playing one of the worst games every by a WR. Instead he just had a tough day but led the team in targets and is still a WR.

Now take a guy like Jarvis Landry who is currently the #7 overall WR in my league..has double digit points every week this season in a 1pt PPR and has several 20 point games. He's just a high volume target.

Now I'm not saying that Landry is a better player than DT but he's had a much better season and certainly had a much better Week 12.

• Like 1

I love this one simply because the "writer" managed to misspell not only the guy's first name but also his last:

The 49ers have reassigned team president Parag Marthe.

Marthe is getting a demotion. He'll still manage the 49ers' salary cap and be the main contract negotiator, but he's being stripped of the team president role. Word is Marthe is losing that title because he's allegedly the "source" of many of the "leaks" to the media from the organization. Marthe will take on a bigger role with the Sacramento Republic FC soccer team.
  • Like 1

I'm a Rams fan, so I am following the relocation saga closely.

This analysis is awful. Spanos approached Kroenke about partnering, and apparently Stan bought the Inglewood land behind Dean's back. Dean has also come out and said he will not partner with Stan. Charger and Raiders in Carson and Rams in StL is still a strong possibility at this point, which makes the final line laughable.

Owner Stan Kroenke has proposed making a second team a full partner with the Rams in Inglewood.

Kroenke had previously rejected the idea of sharing his Inglewood stadium with either the Chargers or the Raiders, but now realizes he may have to be open to it in order to get his wish to get his Rams to California. The team that is expected to join forces with the Rams is the Chargers. Kroenke and Chargers owner Dean Spanos have a long history together and make a sensible match. The two teams coming together, with the Raiders, St. Louis, and San Diego left with nothing, is the latest expected outcome in the race to Los Angeles.