GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

With Jonathan Stewart inactive, Williams got 12 touches compared to 10 for Mike Tolbert. He nearly cost his team a win by fumbling at the end of a long screen pass, giving Atlanta late life. Williams heads into the playoffs as a strict committee back, the same spot he's been in for the last three years. Despite all of Stewart's injury woes, D-Will ends the regular season with 201 carries for 843 yards and three touchdowns, as well as 26 catches for 333 yards and one more score. He'll be a weak pick in fantasy playoff drafts.

DeAngelo Williams fumbled with 8:43 left in the 2nd quarter.

So apparently Josh Gordon is the early odds on favorite to lead the league in receiving yards next year. Now I love Gordon and am a huge supporter of him but I'm pretty sure there's a guy named Johnson in Detroit that is pretty good at his job.

Rotoworld sucks for player evals. I check in for the injury info.

Brb WR goes from WR4 to WR2 to low High WR2 every week to merely a WR3 to worthless to a flex.

nothing but knee jerks from the week before. Captian Hindsight is the head writer for Rotoworld blurbs.

Is it even worth pointing out them min a blurb misspelling the most written-about college player, in a blurb with his picture in it?

Rams GM Les Snead "made it clear" Sunday that St. Louis is "open for business" with the No. 2 overall draft pick.

The Rams have an extensive history of trading down and stockpiling picks under Snead, and hope to do so again with a choice that could easily turn into Jedeveon Clowney, assuming the Texans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 overall. Per King, Snead would "like to get an extra first-rounder out of the deal if possible." Snead would obviously love for another quarterback's "stock" to rise ahead of the draft, perhaps Fresno State's Derek Carr.

Shame that means sticking with Bradford ^^, but I would 100% trade down in the rams position too just too perfect not to. but rams fans have been saying for 2 years now they are a playoff contender and they just aren't with Bradford. Bradford is about 80-90% as good as dalton depending on who you ask but with a much worse play makers and harder division.

Bradford seem like the perfect guy to lead never end mediocrity. Rams stock is looking up cause the RGIII trade is looking insanely lopsided, not cause Bradford is anything worth writing home about.

It's not a mistake as much them being racist but whenever a minority coach gets an interview they always mention the Rooney rule. They assume they are getting these interviews just because they are minorities not because they are good coaches.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.

What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be.

Either they linked to the wrong source material or they're sexing up the headline for clicks, because all this Canfora article says is that Schwartz is a prime candidate. "Expected to hire" is something altogether different.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.

What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be.

Either they linked to the wrong source material or they're sexing up the headline for clicks, because all this Canfora article says is that Schwartz is a prime candidate. "Expected to hire" is something altogether different.

I noticed the same thing. This situation is far from over, and the blurb didn't mention how Norval is pretty much definitely out.

I noticed the same thing. This situation is far from over, and the blurb didn't mention how Norval is pretty much definitely out.

Oh boy, La Canfora says it then is basically means Lombardi says it. Those two are in cahoots.

The last sentence got me.

The Redskins have requested permission to interview Bengals coordinators Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden.

With Cincy getting dumped out of the playoffs Sunday, it's open season on their coaches. Zimmer, who has been seeking his first head-coaching chance for years now, oversaw a defense that finished third in the NFL despite losing All-Pro DT Geno Atkins and top CB Leon Hall to year-ending injuries. If Zimmer is ever going to shed his strict coordinator label, this looks like the offseason to do it. However, the Redskins may want an offensive mind at the helm to mold franchise player Robert Griffin III. Enter Gruden, the younger brother of Spider 2 Y Banana, who is reportedly at or near the top of GM Bruce Allen's wish list.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS

WGR 550 considers Stevie Johnson a potential cap casualty.

In theory, it's a good thought because Johnson carries an $8.5 million cap hit and his consistently mediocre production could be replaced by Robert Woods. But since Johnson just signed his five-year, $36.25 million deal in March of 2012, the Bengals would still carry $8.475 million of dead money onto the 2014 cap if they dumped Johnson. The real opportunity for the Bills to move on will be in 2015, when releasing him would result in cap savings of $8.85 million.

At least they got the team right in the next sentence. Consolation points?

In theory, it's a good thought because Johnson carries an $8.5 million cap hit and his consistently mediocre production could be replaced by Robert Woods. But since Johnson just signed his five-year, $36.25 million deal in March of 2012, the Bengals would still carry $8.475 million of dead money onto the 2014 cap if they dumped Johnson. The real opportunity for the Bills to move on will be in 2015, when releasing him would result in cap savings of $8.85 million.

At least they got the team right in the next sentence. Consolation points?

I think they got him mixed up with Ochocinco or Michael johnson.

• Like 1

Yeah, those 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons are definitely mediocre.

• Like 1

of all the bills players that offer consistently mediocre production they jump on stevie?

lol at the bills in general and drafting EJ Manuel.........what a loser

of all the bills players that offer consistently mediocre production they jump on stevie?

Whoa.... whoa. Calm down there broseph. EJ Manuel needs another year before you judge.

I think he will be a solid QB.

Whoa.... whoa. Calm down there broseph. EJ Manuel needs another year before you judge.

a very raw qb that had 3 knee injuries and was no better then Thad Lewis. I will not hold my breath.

would be shocked if the bills doen't get a new qb for 2015. At least someone in the top 2-3 rounds for competition and a plan b

a very raw qb that had 3 knee injuries and was no better then Thad Lewis. I will not hold my breath.

would be shocked if the bills doen't get a new qb for 2015. At least someone in the top 2-3 rounds for competition and a plan b

I think he will be decent because of the talent around him. Spiller can stretch the field and his own hamstring, Robert Woods can make plays and get ejected for throwing punches, Stevie Johnson can get it done but he's not sexy.

He really did look good early in the season though and only put up two duds when not injured. Pretty good for a rookie. I'd prefer him to Mike Glennon I think but that'd be close.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS

I think he will be decent because of the talent around him. Spiller can stretch the field and his own hamstring, Robert Woods can make plays and get ejected for throwing punches, Stevie Johnson can get it done but he's not sexy.

He really did look good early in the season though and only put up two duds when not injured. Pretty good for a rookie. I'd prefer him to Mike Glennon I think but that'd be close.

Glennon outperformed EJ with less weapons ......especially since EJ had 1st team reps at camp and Glennon had no prep time.

Bucs need to fix the pass protection............7 sacks is unacceptable.

I would think the bucs would be interested in either a good big body te, o-line or a pass rusher.......2 of the 3 help Glennon.

bills probably want to look into replaces for bryd and some FA and the O-line only 1 of those seem to help EJ.

plus health favors Glennon.

Coaching is maybe equal? neither coaches are offensive guys,maybe a edge to EJ for having the same system

From Today:

Packers WRs coach Edgar Bennett expects Randall Cobb to see more time outside in 2013

From Today:

Packers WRs coach Edgar Bennett expects Randall Cobb to see more time outside in 2013

only 1 character off..........good job rotoworld. Instead of incredibly stupid homer-ist knee jerk writing you writing now just looks like the lazy work of some writer to unprofessional to proofread anything.

I liked this gem from earlier today in regard to the Pats/Colts game:

We expect Saturday night's game to have a 23-20 type result.

Stick to reporting news and cut with the analysis. It's been severely lacking since Rosenthal left.

I liked this gem from earlier today in regard to the Pats/Colts game:

We expect Saturday night's game to have a 23-20 type result.

Stick to reporting news and cut with the analysis. It's been severely lacking since Rosenthal left.

good guess, you could guess that score for any game and be fairly close.

I know this probably belongs in the T-Rich section, but at this point is it universally egregious enough to view the highlighted line as a full out mistake?

Trent Richardson rushed three times for one yard in Indianapolis' Divisional Round loss to the Patriots.

T-Rich wasn't targeted in the passing game. His rushes went for two, zero and -1 yards. It was a fittingly miserable capper to one of the most calamitous rushing campaigns in recent memory. T-Rich managed one total yard from scrimmage in two postseason games, and goes into the offseason the owner of a 2.91 YPC as a Colt. With his confidence shot, Richardson has begun to resemble Chris Johnson at the point of attack, opting for dance moves and hesitance over power and anger. The difference being, CJ2K still busts big plays. It's too early to throw in the towel on Richardson's career — just ask Cedric Benson — but he's certainly at a crossroads. He'll enter 2014 as a high-risk RB2. Thanks to the first-round pick the Colts surrendered for him, Richardson should get every opportunity to earn No. 1 duties next season.

I wish there was a way to somehow block out Rotoworld's "blurbs" so we just get the news and the source - they are becoming increasingly obnoxious with their oftentimes erroneous "predictions" and "analysis."

• Like 1

Coby Fleener caught six passes for 74 yards in Indianapolis' Divisional Round loss to the Patriots.

The inefficient second-year pro hauled in 6-of-11 targets. On the surface, Fleener's 52/608/4 sophomore line appears to be a step in the right direction. Dig deeper, however, and you find a player who still does almost none of the little things right. A soft blocker, Fleener has been prone to drops. He has a remarkable knack for not knowing the chains are. His numbers were greatly inflated by the absence of Dwayne Allen (hip). With Allen certain to return atop the depth chart next season, Fleener can't be considered more than a TE2

I'm just going to see if anyone else figures out the mistake here.

Hint* There is a word missing that is pretty vital to the sentence.