Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponza88

Harry Douglas or Terrance Williams ROS?

Bump!

Who's the better play this week?

Who's the better play ROS?

This week is a coin flip for me. Yes Williams is playing a worse defense, but that doesn't necessarily mean more production. Just look at what Rodgers did last week against the Vikings. He force fed Jordy, and the rest of the team was fending for scraps. His second favorite target Boykin did rack up 89 yards, but Williams isn't Romo's second favorite target he's his third behind Dez and Witten. Douglas is Ryan's #1 target with Gonzo getting double teamed. Once Roddy returns I still don't see his production falling.

Williams is more boom or bust, while Douglas should be more consistent.

This week is a coin flip for me. Yes Williams is playing a worse defense, but that doesn't necessarily mean more production. Just look at what Rodgers did last week against the Vikings. He force fed Jordy, and the rest of the team was fending for scraps. His second favorite target Boykin did rack up 89 yards, but Williams isn't Romo's second favorite target he's his third behind Dez and Witten. Douglas is Ryan's #1 target with Gonzo getting double teamed. Once Roddy returns I still don't see his production falling.

Williams is more boom or bust, while Douglas should be more consistent.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

I'm in a newb situation, I dropped Douglas for Williams after picking him on the WW... I quickly had second thoughts...

Now I'm wondering, should I put in ANOTHER claim on Douglas, in hopes I can pick him up on Saturday off the WW... Or should I just keep Williams.

I need a flex spot for this week as 5 of my starters are on bye. Originally, I was just going to pick up a solid player for 1 week, then drop him for Vereen, so I can have both Ridley and Vereen... But if I had Douglas, would I want to do that?

Thanks for the advice!

Bump

I traded Williams in one league, and I'm starting Douglas in another.

In a PPR I definitely like Douglas until a healthy White returns to soak up some of his inflated targets. For a standard league, I would give Williams a lot of thought because he's shown a propensity to find the endzone. Statistically, he actually is Romo's second favorite target over the last three weeks. Luckily, PPR make the decision easy. Douglas is likely going to make 6 catches which is worth as much as a possible TD from Williams.

I'd go Douglas with the theory the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Think Romo is going to help Dez break 300 yards receiving this week. Doesn't leave much for Williams.

Could be wrong as it is just a feeling.