Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Mo

Anybody starting Harvin? I need a breakout... projected 30 point loser

Here's my team... suggestions on how to squeeze 20-30 more points out of them?

I had to hit the ww for fill in QBs... only other options out there are Pryor, McCown, Flacco, Glennon, Campbell, Tolzien

Std League: 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLEX

QB Eli Manning

QB Carson Palmer

RB Matt Forte,

RB Andre Brown

WR Torrey Smith

WR Vincent Jackson

TE Jimmy Graham

TE Timothy Wright

FLEX Le'Veon Bell

FLEX Percy Harvin

D/ST Jets D/ST

K Steven Hauschka

Bench Aaron Rodgers*

Bench Josh Gordon

Bench Alshon Jeffery

Bench Fred Jackson

Bench Zac Stacey - bye

Bench Golden Tate

Bench Ben Tate

whir!

I would start Jeffery over Bell or Harvin. Bell is up against a good run defense, Harvin just coming off injury. Jeffery has been one constant receiver over last 5 weeks averaging 10 targets per game, 6 receptions per game and 104 ypg.

I would start Pryor and Flacco over all of the QBs you listed (including Palmer and Eli). I am also starting Harvin myself, he is going up against his former team with something to prove. But he is a very risky play.

I'd start Jeffery or Gordon or Ben Tate all ahead of Harvin...I like all three of those players ahead of Torrey and VJax, too...

Start Gordon over T. Smith as well. Guys been playing better than all but about ten receivers so far this season, and Torrey isn't one of them.

Start Jeffery over Bell for sure he is a top ten WR right now. I would also start Gordon over Harvin if you are looking for upside. Is there any WR in the league outside the top 15 that offers more upside per game then Gordon? and that Bengals Def is banged up? Pryor doesnt look like he is going to play and when he does he has not been good of late and wont be able to run cause of the injury. But I agree with spawelcz in starting Flacco against that bears def. I would also start McCown, He has so many weapons in that offense and Trestman knows how to use him.

O raw upside, your starting receivers/flex should be Gordon, VJax, Jeffrey, Harvin (the Vikings have an awful secondary).

You're swinging for the fences, so I'd go with the guys who can actually explode.

I would start Jeffery over Torrey and Gordon over Bell. Also McGown over Palmer.

I like Harvin here though if you are wanting some good upside and willing to swing for the fences.

Thanks for the help.

In your position, you've got to take chances and go for the home run. No safe plays, roll out all your upside players.

That being the case, I'd roll Harvin out. Snap count? Yeah, probably. But I just feel like he's gonna go full bore against his old team playing like a man with a vendetta, and that SEA is going to call the plays to help him do that.

I'd also start McCown over Palmer, and Gordon, Jeffrey, and VJax as WR/flex.

Thanks for the help with mine.

If your projected to lose then even more reason to go with the upside of Harvin. I always play it safe when I am projected to win and go upside when projected to lose. I think he will have a big game.

If your projected to lose then even more reason to go with the upside of Harvin. I always play it safe when I am projected to win and go upside when projected to lose. I think he will have a big game.

having a tough time deciding this as well. if I play him, it would be at the cost of sitting keenan allen. I can't justify sitting fitz against j-ville, and alshon jeffery is having a great season. miami's secondary against allen has me leaning towards harvin, as well as the fact that it's his old team, he's fresh off an injury and probably has a good bit of energy (and noted he's been practicing at 100%). on top of that..all the "experts" are saying to play it safe and bench him this week and be conservative. in my second season of FF, i've come to learn that whatever the "experts" say, the exact opposite happens and to just roll with your gut. for me it's a personal GTD, but i need this week to win and if he has the comeback game of the season on my bench, i'll be slamming my head into a wall all sunday.

People saying to sit Smith I dont think have been watching the Bears Def this year.

No, but we've been watching Flacco and Smith all year and been very disappointed.