Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rodgers4MVP

Trade Vetoed, Opinions?

Trades should only be vetoed for collusion, not perceived stupidity.

Whether you think a trade is fair or not is not relevant. Only the two parties involved need to see the fairness. As long as there is no collusion, the trade is valid.

Maybe it's not 'ridiculously lopsided', but it's still lopsided. I wouldn't be vetoing for myself, I would be vetoing for the league as a whole. I have vetoed a lopsided trade in a similar situation where I had already been eliminated from playoffs myself.

Sorry, I just don't think that fantasy football should come down to who can be the best at lowballing eliminated teams for their studs. It should be about who is better at drafting, making waiver pickups, and making legitimate trades. If the eliminated team is giving up more than they are getting, even if it's close, it's not really a legitimate, fair trade.

As to the original poster, that's not what I would have done but I can respect the decision. Obviously not everyone feels the same way about these types of situations as I do, and you've given logical reasons for your choice.

I'm not a fan of vetoing trades absent clear collusion. In this trade, the 2-8 guy is getting Graham back, so right there I'm good with the trade. He's getting enough value back to make this trade legit, even if he doesn't "win".

But if you are the type to veto based on fairness, that's fine. I feel that the bolded above shouldn't be the standard for evaluating trades, though. It all depends on the complete rosters of both teams. It's not whether or not one side gets back more than they give, it should be whether or not the trader could reasonably expect the trade to make his team better. Trades are about making your team better, not parity for the league.

If he has a legit QB besides Rodgers, then Rodgers is of relatively little use to him. Allen & Reed for Shorts & Graham is in favor of the Graham side probably, but pretty fair at the least. If 2-8 has another QB, his team is better off with the trade. The trade that was made makes sense from his standpoint.

I'd actually prefer the Graham side especially if Rodgers isn't the same coming off of injury.

Graham has been putting up Adrian Peterson type of numbers the entire season.

No reason to believe this is going to change (last game they played a horrendous Dallas def so bad they didn't even need to play him).

Imo this trade shouldn't be vetoed because there is risk involved on the Rodgers side (with more upside) and the Graham side is better for a team needing production now.

I absolutely HATE vetoes. I give credit to the 2-8 team not just saying "F-it" and not looking at his team anymore. He is showing some pride. Now, if he does NOT have a viable QB to put in place of Rodgers, the argument could be made for a veto. IMHO, teams that are mathematically eliminated from a playoff birth should not be able to make trades (they should be locked). But, without any evidence of obvious collusion, no trade should ever be vetoed. Buyer/Seller beware! Mine: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=402570