FouLLine

Lucas Giolito - SP WAS

It will be interesting to see what happens with these guys when they are ready. Nats have such a glut of great pitching in both the majors and minors.

Assuming the Nats don't resign their guys:

Roark replaces Zim or Fister in 2016

Giolito replaces Stras in 2017

Lopez replaces ? Gio maybe?

What about AJ Cole? Dont necessarily think Roark is a lock to stay with the team either. I also can't imagine them losing Strasburg, dunno why. Really looks like next year they'll make a trade, probably roll with their 5 this year and try to win it.

thank you...couldnt find anything too recent..debating an offer in a keeper league..appreciated

I'm having a vision of him and Gonzalez on a future yellow cover of Sports Illustrated: "Nats' Gios."

J.P. @Jaypers413 · now 2 hours ago

Potomac's Lucas Giolito's line - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 11 K.

Ben Badler @BenBadler · now 54 minutes ago

Lucas Giolito has an electric fastball and a devastating curve. Expect more of this from the Nationals' top prospect.

The top pitching prospect in baseball bounces back after a rough 1st start.

I'm having a vision of him and Gonzalez on a future yellow cover of Sports Illustrated: "Nats' Gios."

too smart for this board

4 BB and 5 hits in only 4 IP, but 0 R? That's pretty interesting. Must have gotten a few double plays.

His FIP before this start was 1.48. The BABIP has been very high this year. He's been unlucky on the way to a 5/1 k/bb ratio.

His FIP before this start was 1.48. The BABIP has been very high this year. He's been unlucky on the way to a 5/1 k/bb ratio.

also bad defense in minrs

So what is this guys ETA? With the kid gloves Washington is handling him with I'd guess 2020.

Sometime next year.

They limited his early innings for a reason. They don't want to shut him down, and must see the potential for him to possibly help in September. Slim chance it happens, but the organization had to be thinking of that going into this season. Even if that happens, he'll be back in the minors next year to start. But I wouldn't expect a major impact until 2017.

Edited by smarmy

Today's line: 6 IP 10 SO 1 BB 0 ER

They need to move him up to AA.

How do you value guys like him and Urias in keeper leagues? What range of current MLB pitcher do you slot them in now. Trying to make this a general value discussion and not a BC question. If it belongs there let me know, thanks.

He's one of if not the top pitching prospect in the game. #1/ace upside.