Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Edwin Encarnacion 2014 Outlook

BBC - Many thanks for passing along. Phew.

Still a bit unsettling though. I know it makes sense but it reminds me of how fragile the situation actually is.

His second minor league game was postponed today, so that may delay him. My guess.... He meets the team on Friday in Chicago. It doesn't make sense for him to rehab in Florida, the throw him on a cross county flight to Seattle in the middle of the series.

Good call. Per CBS per MLB, he's moving to AAA and could join the Jays on Friday.

BBC - Many thanks for passing along. Phew.

Still a bit unsettling though. I know it makes sense but it reminds me of how fragile the situation actually is.

This is the nature of leg injuries. Significant risk of reinjury for months after a major strain like EE had. Not saying that it's likely to happen or anything, but I wouldn't be cutting my backup 1B anytime soon.

My guess is the Jays probably play him at DH, at least for the first week or two back. Lind will probably play 1B against righties and Bautista against lefties, with Gose playing RF. I would just think with the terrible turf there that they would want to keep EE off of it as much as possible early on.

My guess is the Jays probably play him at DH, at least for the first week or two back. Lind will probably play 1B against righties and Bautista against lefties, with Gose playing RF. I would just think with the terrible turf there that they would want to keep EE off of it as much as possible early on.

With Lind just returning from the DL himself, I'd guess they try to get them to share 1B and the DH position against righties, then have EE DH against the lefties. I expect he'll play some 1B, but you're right, I would expect it to be 1-2 days a week at most initially.

Can we use the parrot for a minor league granny? I say yes.... The parrot needs some rehab work too

Can we use the parrot for a minor league granny? I say yes.... The parrot needs some rehab work too

Let it be....

y2SpJ1i.gif

Granny video for those interested.

http://hardballtalk....-in-rehab-game/

That HR is beautiful to see. Just glad his leg should be fine when most of the time he's just trotting around the bases. If he had an elbow injury, I'd be more afraid because he'd have to keep hauling that parrot around.

As a Jays fan this guy cannot be replaced. He is the leader of this team ahead of both Joey Bats and Reyes. Cannot wait for him to come back...Looks like this Friday

what's all this hoopla about E5 possibly not being 100%?!

warmest regards,

angry parrot

When he got hurt, I was like...

dawson-crying-o.gif

But now he's coming back and I'm like...

tumblr_myms5qARwE1t4k5m7o2_400.gif

I'm expecting him to go for a HR every time at bat. He's not 100% and probably won't run out a groundball for weeks.