Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Jay Bruce 2014 Outlook

That's why you don't drop Bruce if you've held all year. Could go off for the playoffs and the championship

That's why you don't drop Bruce if you've held all year. Could go off for the playoffs and the championship

Wonder how many actually still start him? For me he has been on the bench for the last 2 weeks, which is all the longer i have owned the team.

Nice to see him have some success this season though

weekly league logic #wll

weekly league logic #wll

Not sure I follow your post especially since I'm in a daily league.

weekly league logic #wll

Bruce has been a drag all year. I owned him up until about a week ago when I finally had enough. The only way you could argue he has been worth holding onto all year is if you play in a h2h weekly league and he gets insanely hot to win your weekly matchup in the playoffs. In roto leagues he has not been worth a top 5 round pick, even top 20 round pick.

To say "that's why you hold onto Bruce" after one big game out of 130 is insane. He has had a terrible year and you can't blame anyone who has dropped him. He is currently sitting on the waiver wire in my 11 team league.

*Forgive me if I don't completely understand h2h weekly leagues since I don't understand why anyone would ever play head to head weekly fantasy baseball.

weekly league logic #wll

Bruce has been a drag all year. I owned him up until about a week ago when I finally had enough. The only way you could argue he has been worth holding onto all year is if you play in a h2h weekly league and he gets insanely hot to win your weekly matchup in the playoffs. In roto leagues he has not been worth a top 5 round pick, even top 20 round pick.

To say "that's why you hold onto Bruce" after one big game out of 130 is insane. He has had a terrible year and you can't blame anyone who has dropped him. He is currently sitting on the waiver wire in my 11 team league.

*Forgive me if I don't completely understand h2h weekly leagues since I don't understand why anyone would ever play head to head weekly fantasy baseball.

While I understand that he has been a huge disappointment based on where he was drafted, I don't understand holding him throughout the entire season and then debating on dropping him right before playoffs. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Someone with his track record and production history mixed with his penchant for hot streaks makes him worth a gamble on any team at this time of the year. If a team had already made it into the playoffs I find that a player like Bruce is worth the gamble. Can produce in bunches when he's on. Now I won't argue against the possibility that this doesn't happen especially based on his year so far. But in the end calculated risks win leagues.

I've been saying all year, including recently, that Bruce will end up getting close to his usual numbers. Starting to think I'm wrong.

It says A LOT that he is being benched tonight against a righty. If he's going to keep getting benched like this it makes dropping him in redraft leagues a lot easier.

To me, Bruce is probably the most surprisingly disappointing player this year. In his prime age, with 30 HR a year for six years running. Baseball is a funny game.

I've been saying all year, including recently, that Bruce will end up getting close to his usual numbers. Starting to think I'm wrong.

It says A LOT that he is being benched tonight against a righty. If he's going to keep getting benched like this it makes dropping him in redraft leagues a lot easier.

To me, Bruce is probably the most surprisingly disappointing player this year. In his prime age, with 30 HR a year for six years running. Baseball is a funny game.

athletes are human

just goes to show how good some players are for producing elite production year after year after year

Better late then never

Start of a championship week Jay Bruce hot streak?

highly, highly doubt it. for pretty much the entire season, he'd go off for a game or two, fade back into the oblivion for 20 games, repeat.

highly, highly doubt it. for pretty much the entire season, he'd go off for a game or two, fade back into the oblivion for 20 games, repeat.

I'm betting Jay Bruce isn't on a lot of championship contending teams.

Better late then never

Yeah except for that I cut him weeks ago.

Bruce was the one guy I was completely wrong about this year. Oh well next year he'll be a steal.

I'm betting in most shallower 10 - 12 team leagues Bruce is on the wire and could be on anyone's team. Which he may beast out for the last week of baseball.

I'm betting in most shallower 10 - 12 team leagues Bruce is on the wire and could be on anyone's team. Which he may beast out for the last week of baseball.

As a Bruce owner up until three weeks ago, I'd rather have Avisail Garcia in that case.

I picked him up. If he beasts, hello championship. If not, he won't kill me.