Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Jay Bruce 2014 Outlook

Nahhh if you own Bruce.. you will whine at some point.

I don't own him. I just said that.

BxBOMBERs28, I think you misinterpreted my comment. I was referring to a reduction in whining due to mevins31 no longer owning Bruce.

Jay Bruce, the Evan Longoria of the OF. Pencil in 30HR, 100 RBI, .260-ish average. Ideal No. 2 OF or low-end 1 in deep leagues.

Jay Bruce, the Evan Longoria of the OF. Pencil in 30HR, 100 RBI, .260-ish average. Ideal No. 2 OF or low-end 1 in deep leagues.

I'm not sure any league will have him as a OF2, given i'm pretty sure he's consistently ranked as a Top 10 OF across most sources

I'm not sure any league will have him as a OF2, given i'm pretty sure he's consistently ranked as a Top 10 OF across most sources

hes my of3 just saying... low end of1 high end of2 is where he will usually be

Probably going to take him in the early second round of my league where each team keeps seven. It's a points league that really values HR/R/RBI, so he's a monster.

Fantasypros composite ranking has him at 12 with a range of 8-20. In a 10-team, he's a 2. In a 12 or greater he's a low end 1.

...Ultimately, I've never owned him and I don't know how frustrating his hot/cold spells are. What are they like? Will he he go 12-24 with 5 hrs in one week and then 1-21 the next one/two weeks and then rinse and repeat?

...Ultimately, I've never owned him and I don't know how frustrating his hot/cold spells are. What are they like? Will he he go 12-24 with 5 hrs in one week and then 1-21 the next one/two weeks and then rinse and repeat?

I have him on my team, Week by week, He puts in work. Not saying it because he's on my team. Hot|Cold Streaks talk is a bit over-talked about in my opinion.

I have him on my team, Week by week, He puts in work. Not saying it because he's on my team. Hot|Cold Streaks talk is a bit over-talked about in my opinion.

Last year he was less hot cold than normal, but two years ago and three years ago he was very hot and cold. Just look at these forums from those years.

I'm just curious....yes I also think he's a lock for 30/100, but his BA has always left something to be desired. Does anything think he can hit .300?

Nope. I expect more of the same from last year. Maybe less rbis if Votto drives in more or Hamilton gets on base less than choo

Exactly. He's established himself as a 265ish hitter so don't expect more than that.

Having said that, he's only 27 and the possibility of one fluky babip season always exists.

If you're saying this I am confident you don't watch him nigh after night for weeks at a time. He has stretches where he completely and helplessly disappears- long stretches. And he's usually good to get as hot as anyone in the game in a season for 1-2 weeks once or twice a year.

If you're saying this I am confident you don't watch him nigh after night for weeks at a time. He has stretches where he completely and helplessly disappears- long stretches. And he's usually good to get as hot as anyone in the game in a season for 1-2 weeks once or twice a year.

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I've learned to not really take mevins advice...it's too emotionally involved.

BxBOMBERs28, I think you misinterpreted my comment. I was referring to a reduction in whining due to mevins31 no longer owning Bruce.

ohhh gotcha.lol. I think Mevins will still be around. Nothing sweeter than visiting a comment thread when a player you traded is slumping.lol

If you own Bruce in H2H leagues be prepared to completely ignore him for weeks at a time. Very streaky player. Even in Roto leagues he's just a set it and forget it type of player. If you pay too much attention to his streaks you'll feel like you're on a roller coaster.

I owned him for the first time last year, and I was a little underwhelmed.

He struck out 30 times more than any other year in his career (185 Ks), he only hit .239 after the break with 11 homers, and I would be willing to bet he led the league in solo homers. It always felt like he left a lot of guys stranded.

But when he's hot, he's hot. He had 17 of his 30 homers on the year in a two month span. I play Roto, so the numbers were all there in the end, but he can be a frustrating player indeed.

He struck out 30 times more than any other year in his career (185 Ks), he only hit .239 after the break with 11 homers, and I would be willing to bet he led the league in solo homers. It always felt like he left a lot of guys stranded.

But when he's hot, he's hot. He had 17 of his 30 homers on the year in a two month span. I play Roto, so the numbers were all there in the end, but he can be a frustrating player indeed.

How does he compare to Justin Upton? I'm in a h2h league.

How does he compare to Justin Upton? I'm in a h2h league.

Both were equally as streaky last year.

ohhh gotcha.lol. I think Mevins will still be around. Nothing sweeter than visiting a comment thread when a player you traded is slumping.lol

He's my favorite player in baseball, and as a Reds fan believe me I don't want to see him struggling.

Can anybody explain to me what makes him better than picking Trumbo or Myers later on?

He's my favorite player in baseball, and as a Reds fan believe me I don't want to see him struggling.

Give the Rotoworld forums a small break...For all the Bruce bashing you have done over the years no one will ever buy that statement...

Can anybody explain to me what makes him better than picking Trumbo or Myers later on?

Cost certainty. Barring disaster we know what Bruce is going to do this year based on his consistent track record.

With Trumbo you don't know how he's going to adjust to a new league, where he's going to hit in the lineup, or how low his BA might be.

With Myers you don't know how he'll adjust to the adjustments that he's going to face this year.

Give the Rotoworld forums a small break...For all the Bruce bashing you have done over the years no one will ever buy that statement...

I could prove it to you if I felt like it but I don't really care what you think... you who speaks for the Rotoworld forums.

I could prove it to you if I felt like it but I don't really care what you think... you who speaks for the Rotoworld forums.

Please, please prove us all wrong and keep your incessant negativity towards this player to yourself for just one season.

Honestly, nothing you say will ever be taken seriously by myself or anyone else with a memory and a shred of common sense...