Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Zack Greinke 2014 Outlook

i've never been one to reach for Zack where you usually have to get him, but i might bump him up a round based on this bit of honesty ... talking about opening up in Australia:

“I would say there is absolutely zero excitement for it,” Greinke told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “There just isn’t any excitement to it. I can’t think of one reason to be excited for it.”

i've never been one to reach for Zack where you usually have to get him, but i might bump him up a round based on this bit of honesty ... talking about opening up in Australia:

“I would say there is absolutely zero excitement for it,” Greinke told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “There just isn’t any excitement to it. I can’t think of one reason to be excited for it.”

That's hilarious. And true.

He's a really solid pitcher. Top 15 for sure.

As a Giants fan, I'm programmed to dislike this guy. But damn if he hasn't shook that social anxiety BS. He's got more swag than Nick Young.

Wife? Playmate

Contract? Highest bidder gets me

Quentin? Go F youself

Down Under? Garbage

Fantasy wise, he's even more of a stud in that league, division, and ballpark. Still gonna heckle him in Camelback.

Wished he had not gotten injured, He was pitching really good. '14 will be another great year I think.

I think he thrived off of not being the number one guy on the staff last year. He does well when the pressure is off (somewhat, still plays in LA) should have a top 10 year.

Anyone worried about 3 straight years of declining K-rate?

Fantasy-wise, I am. But watching him last year....looks so different than young Greinke. No max effort, trying to be efficient, is in perfect fielding position after his motion. Maddux-like imo.

I posted a mini-story on Lincecum about him possibly making a transition in philosophy. At least in his words. Zack seems to have made the perfect transition. He looks to induce "crappy contact" and saves the strikeout stuff for when he needs to get out of a jam.

I realize this is a narrative and the most important thing a pitcher can do is get swings & misses. I'm an underlying stat guy at heart. But damn ZG has so many of his pitches on a string, it's hard for this Giants fan to underestimate his real life value.

(Verlander vs Greinke in fantasy......I still want Justin for those Ks. But they're in the same ballpark for sure.)

Just left his start after two batters. Called the trainer out. More to come.

Seems like its always something with this guy.

Zack Greinke was pulled from his Cactus League debut Thursday with an apparent injury.

Greinke made it through just three pitches before calling for the trainer. It's not clear yet what was bothering him. The Dodgers should provide an update soon.

Word is a calf issue.

Probably doesn't want to go to Australia like Kershaw. Ryu and Haren time.

Zack Greinke was pulled from his Cactus League debut Thursday with an apparent injury.

Greinke made it through just three pitches before calling for the trainer. It's not clear yet what was bothering him. The Dodgers should provide an update soon.

Right...If he isn't getting driven into the grass or afraid to take the field he's a solid arm.

Word is a calf issue.

Probably doesn't want to go to Australia like Kershaw. Ryu and Haren time.

To be fair...That is a stupid idea by MLB.

Right...If he isn't getting driven into the grass or afraid to take the field he's a solid arm.

Just cheaper at the draft. I love it. Last year was a little more dangerous. I hope he has to skip 1 start. Therefore dropping 2 rounds.

Give it a rest Giants homer. You'd be singing a different tune if Greinke were on your team.

Greinke sure isnt doing anything to fight off that fragile tag

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, February 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, February 28, 2014 - No reason given

Karma's a bitch, mate

Greinke sure isnt doing anything to fight off that fragile tag

Despite missing a month because of a fight he still pitched nearly 180 innings. If he hadn't had gotten injured that would have been 5 out of 6 years he pitched at least 200 innings. Injury prone...

Give it a rest Giants homer. You'd be singing a different tune if Greinke were on your team.

Not sure how me being a Giants fan prevents me from saying the guy is a great arm and has fluke injuries often....

Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said Sunday that there's no timetable for Zack Greinke's (calf) return.

Greinke was unable to throw a bullpen session Saturday as originally hoped and didn't feel any better Sunday. "We're still going to be cautious with him," Mattingly said. At this point, Greinke seems unlikely to make the trip with the Dodgers to Australia. However, he should still have plenty of time to get ready for Opening Day in the states.

Kinda pumped he's not pitching in Australia considering the start won't count for (most) leagues.

I completely understand all kinds of different set ups, sizes, and scoring systems. But I do not understand why any league would not count stats from a regular season game. That seems just...well...stupid.