Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Zack Greinke 2014 Outlook

Trade Value??

I own him and wouldn't deal him for anyone less than a top 10 hitter, maybe top 5.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2014 - No reason given

Of my core of pitching of Stras, MadBum, and him, I never thought he'd be my ace so far.. Keep it up Zack!

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2014 - No reason given

Price and him ( Greinke ) leading my staff

He throws in the low 90's purposely these days for improved command. The fastball velo is no problem at all... Greinke is a beast, wish I owned him.

Deff a beast, can count on him vs any lineup

I expect him to be a top 8 pitcher if he can stay healthy.

Not to get too off topic, but who are you top 8 as of right now?

I don't have a set top 8 list but there aren't many guys I'd trade him for. The guys I'd take 100% are Kershaw Darvish Wainwright. Then there are a bunch of maybes like Fernandez Felix Tanaka Shields Price Scherzer Strasburg Verlander.

There are lots of different league settings and lists and what not so I'll try to steer the my own thoughts back to Greinke talk. I think he's going to have a legit shot at the Cy Young. He's on a good team with a good bullpen and he's in a good division (for pitchers). I can honestly see 18-20 wins, 2.75 ERA, and 220 k's.

That's a monster year, How he have been pitching dating back to his return from last years injury, That doesn't sound crazy. He goes out there and pitches 7-8 innings with two runs or less and bunch of K's consistently.

Should it worry me that he have given up 6 HR already this season?

17 straight starts with 2 ERs or less. No.

Three of those homers occurred when he had no business being in the game anymore so no.

He throws in the low 90's purposely these days for improved command. The fastball velo is no problem at all... Greinke is a beast, wish I owned him.

He reminds me so much of a poor man's Greg Maddux. Smart as a whip and willing to compromise velocity for location and movement.

Does it seem like (for the most part) he's gotten rid of the anxiety problems? I was skeptical when he got traded to a big market team like LA that it could get in his head if he has a rough patch, but it sure seems like he's grown up a lot.

Does it seem like (for the most part) he's gotten rid of the anxiety problems? I was skeptical when he got traded to a big market team like LA that it could get in his head if he has a rough patch, but it sure seems like he's grown up a lot.

Any questions about his mental toughness/SAD should have been answered when he pitched brilliantly down the stretch in the heat of a pennant race for the Angels.

Any questions about his mental toughness/SAD should have been answered when he pitched brilliantly down the stretch in the heat of a pennant race for the Angels.

What were exactly his mental problems? Stress or depression? Seems like he got over that when he got his 150m contract and super model wife. I guess those types of things can cheer a fella up lol.

What were exactly his mental problems? Stress or depression? Seems like he got over that when he got his 150m contract and super model wife. I guess those types of things can cheer a fella up lol.

He has Social Anxiety Disorder.

www.truebluela.com/2013/2/15/3992668/zack-greinke-dodgers-social-anxiety-disorder

guys done something no pitcher since 1914 has ever done something like 19 consecutive starts allowing 2 runs or less thats crazy

no love for greinke

guys done something no pitcher since 1914 has ever done something like 19 consecutive starts allowing 2 runs or less thats crazy

no love for greinke

He's been holding my rotation down while all my slow starters come around. Really is a set it and forget it guy.

no love for greinke

I have tons of love for him. He's an absolute ace. Real life, fantasy. Awesome mix of pitches, and he's turned into an incredibly smart pitcher. Keep it rollin' Zack.

no love for greinke

I think it is at 20 now. That's insane.

He's making a run at the Cy at this point.

no love for greinke

I think it is at 20 now. That's insane.

He's making a run at the Cy at this point.

As long as he can avoid Carlos Quentin.

Will he continue his extraordinary run of less than 2ER's allowed tonight? It has to end sometime, doesn't it?

Will he continue his extraordinary run of less than 2ER's allowed tonight? It has to end sometime, doesn't it?

Greinke's record setting streak of at least five innings and allowing two runs or fewer in 18 straight outings actually ended on May 5th unfortunately because of a rain delay where he went 3ip with 2er against Washington.

Greinke's record setting streak of at least five innings and allowing two runs or fewer in 18 straight outings actually ended on May 5th unfortunately because of a rain delay where he went 3ip with 2er against Washington.

He's referring to the fewer than 2 ER streak. It's different than the streak of at least 5 IP with 2ER or fewer.