Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Zack Greinke 2014 Outlook

Man, Zack can hit. I just posted this in the amazing stats thread, but I figured it's worth repeating.

Zack Greinke has 3 doubles this season, more than Aramis Ramirez, Pedro Alvarez, Josh Reddick, and Jedd Gyorko

I love this guy. He was a good value where most got him and he's the one consistent thing about my team right now.

So happy I traded for him earlier in the season. Dude is a stud.

Top5 SP ROS? Or just Top10? :lol:

this is going to be vintage 2009 KC greinki numbers look really similar to that year

this is going to be vintage 2009 KC greinki numbers look really similar to that year

Tough to except one of the greatest pitching seasons of the past decade again, but I do think he's a top 5 guy. He has to be one of the smartest pitchers in the league. He had one rough patch after coming back from the collarbone last year, but since then he has been the most consistent in the league.

Also, he's an awesome character. Very fun to root for.

Tough to except one of the greatest pitching seasons of the past decade again, but I do think he's a top 5 guy. He has to be one of the smartest pitchers in the league. He had one rough patch after coming back from the collarbone last year, but since then he has been the most consistent in the league.

Not that I'm saying he is a lock to continue at this pace, but...

K/9

2009: 9.5

2014: 11.0

K/BB

2009: 4.7

2014: 5.5

ERA

2009: 2.16

2014: 2.09

WHIP

2009: 1.09

2014: 1.11

And for fantasy purposes, I'd be surprised if he doesn't hit 16+ wins.

He's a great pitcher with a great team behind him in the easiest division to pitch in. A top 5 season is certainly within reach.

Zack hasn't been too crisp regardless of some errors. Puig made one of the best catches of the year to rob a double. Greinke threw around 100 pitches to get through 5ip. And he gave up a double to Jon Niese. Simply put, Zack did well to come out of here with 1 er. He should bounce back soon enough.

Yeah disappointed with the lack of efficiency but thanks to luck (and Puig) came out looking much better than he was ratios-wise. He just didn't have it for whatever reason.

Off the hook now I see...

He was due an "off" night at the level he's been playing lately. Granted, only 1 run over 5 is about the best off night you'll ever see from a SP.

Ace performance tainted, but still a great game. Threw a 2-2 pitch barely off the plate. Could've been a strike but I only had one look at it. Next pitch 2 run homer. A rock solid 7.2 ip, 3 runs, 11 k's, 0 walks. 76:14 k:bb this year. In line for win #8. Next up, Pirates on Sunday Night Baseball

That could have been a strike easily but it was a toss up. Instead of 1 run in 8 its 3 runs... He's given up 8 homers this year and I think 6 or 7 have come when he is pitching in the 7th or 8th inning up over 100 pitches.

Two "off games" in a row for this guy... <_<

Two "off games" in a row for this guy... <_<

His last game was not "off" by any stretch. Unless you mean by his own ridiculous standards! :)

AT Colorado coming up. Tough game, and he held a 7.84 ERA there in 2 starts last year. He'll be locked into my lineup wherever he pitches, but I will be fine with simply a quality start and a shot to win in this game.

I'm usually all about start-your-studs, but @ Coors, with a single start this week...Might have to sit Greinke this week...