Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

Gordon is cooling down, coming off a .620OPS month of May, As the season OPS continues to fall from .728 to the upper .600s I wouldn't be surprised at all if Guerrero gets the call.

Gordon is never going to have a high OPS, though, with his power. He looks similar to Vince Coleman, whose career OPS was .668. But he was a game-changer.

You can pretty much throw OPS out the window with speedsters like Gordon - unless the average and OBP are putrid like they were before this season.

If his average rebounds from the last month, his job will be safe.

So what do they do ? Surely his 28 million dollar contract won't be for minor league ball, right?

Clearly, they weren't counting on Gordon emerging like he has this year. My guess is they'll try Guerrero out at 3B or SS and see if he's passable at one of those positions. Otherwise, they will have yet another player who will be hard to trade.

i agree this is ideally what they want to try.. but wasn't his defense at 2b horrible and the main reason he was sent to the minors to begin with? if that's the case, then i'm sure that ss is out of the question. maybe 3b, but this year? with uribe having the coach's blessing that seems like a hard bag to usurp unless he's putting up puig-like numbers.

their infield seems like as much of a log jam as their outfield. they have good players, but they can't seem to get them all on the field at the same time.

IF hanley leaves via FA, I would think Gordon would go to SS, opening 2B for our ear impaired hero. At least I hope so....

I disagree. I think Guerrero would just play SS, and Dee would stay at 2B.

I know I am the only one if the few taking crazy pills, but I think Dee isn't that good IRL (and the fantasy community has fallen in love with his SBs) and loses his job to Alex. I do think Dee would be a great super utility guy. But damn, if this guy can hit close to what he's done in the AAA then the Dodgers would be better off.

Also, longer term if the Dodgers fork over a payday to Hanley, they would be wise to have Dee available to back him up. After he gets paid, his over/under for games played would probably sit at 100 to 120.

The Dodgers need to find out if Guererro can play in the bigs.

I disagree. I think Guerrero would just play SS, and Dee would stay at 2B.

Interesting - I guess I figured that if Guerrero needed to work on his defense then it would make more sense to leave him at 2B rather than moving him to SS, but really this is all just idle chat until this logjam plays itself out. As the post above states, the LAD need to figure out if Guerrerro can play. You have to figure the LAD did not pay him 28M to wallow in the minors.

Alex seems to be the odd man out (TY Olivo). Until he returns and plays well he is a big money minor leaguer who is barely tradeable. I would hope the Dodgers pass on resigning Hanley. However if healthy I do think Alex is up in August just to be playoff eligible in case the Dodgers squeak in. September call up for sure in any event.

I wonder what the Dodgers could get for Gordon or Guerrero + Joc Pederson.

I think that is complete opposite of their plans to be honest. They have the highest payroll in the Majors. I can't imagine them wanting that to rise even more. They have young studs in the wing waiting to take the spots of large contract players and be cost controlled and cheap for the next few years.

I think that is complete opposite of their plans to be honest. They have the highest payroll in the Majors. I can't imagine them wanting that to rise even more. They have young studs in the wing waiting to take the spots of large contract players and be cost controlled and cheap for the next few years.

Ya but there's no way to get those large contract players off the roster for the next 3 years. I don't think either Guerrero or Gordon can replace Hanley at SS and they're going to either pay their 3 OFs to play in LA or somewhere else. No one is going to take those salaries.

Better off just making a huge move and going all-in.

Do they know when he is getting the call or are they playing it by ear?

Well played, sir.

Ya but there's no way to get those large contract players off the roster for the next 3 years. I don't think either Guerrero or Gordon can replace Hanley at SS and they're going to either pay their 3 OFs to play in LA or somewhere else. No one is going to take those salaries.

Better off just making a huge move and going all-in.

Joc Pederson and Guerrero would both be upgrades over Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier, and I'm sure there is a team out there that would be willing to pay 50M for the next 5 years for Kemp or 25M of Ethiers contract (assuming LA is willing to eat up half the contracts). Not saying it would be easy, but possible.

Are you familiar with the all-too-shortly lived Don Zimmer thread, sir?

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 21, 2014 - No reason given

Anything new on his recovery? Olivo really f*cked me over. Why bite his ear off? Punch him you vag

Per Rotoworld:

Alex Guerrero (ear) will report to the Dodgers' spring training complex soon to resume working out.

Guerrero had surgery last month to reattach a large portion of his ear following an incident with former teammate Miguel Olivo. "The ear is going to make it," Guerrero's agent, Scott Boras told said. "The surgery was a success, and he won't need another surgery." Guerrero will return to a .368/.411/.737 batting line with 10 homers and 29 RBI when gets back in action.

I would imagine it would be more towards the end of July. I think Fantasy owners should expect to get get about 2 full months of production out of him at the MLB level. He will probably need 2-3 weeks minimum at AAA to get his timing back and get into baseball shape.

I would imagine it would be more towards the end of July. I think Fantasy owners should expect to get get about 2 full months of production out of him at the MLB level. He will probably need 2-3 weeks minimum at AAA to get his timing back and get into baseball shape.

This. Plus like Angry Beavers mentioned there is still the question of who he would replace. Unless Hanley moves over to third, there really is no spot for him right now. Dee continues to produce and I don't know if they would bring up Guerrero to platoon because they want him to get in work defensively.