Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

That is the question...where will he go? Dee is producing....decent average, stolen bases, runs....they won't just dump him.

hanley may go on the dl....dee can play ss?

Dee has never been a good SS. I'm not sure if they would want to shift him back there. especially since Guerrero doesn't seem to be a good defensive 2B either. I'd expect them to use Uribe at 3B and Rojas at SS.

Not lookin good for Alex, as Dee will be at the top of that lineup all year barring injury. Kid can't be stopped.

I don't understand this at all...last game this guy played was MAY 20. WTF is going on that a few stitches on a non-moving part of the body would cause them to sit him for what'll effectively be almost 2 months? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

A report posted two weeks ago stated that he was ready to continue his baseball career according to his agent. Wtf hasn't he played in a single game since the report. Olivo is playing baseball already. I will forever hate that dude for biting the kids ear off.

Still don't quite understand why it took so long but glad he's (finally) back.

Anyone think we see him this year? Just really don't know where he will play

I think they'll bring him up when they expand the rosters. Why not ? They'll be in a pennant race and could use a bat on the bench.

28 million says we will see him this year.

Unless he starts practicing third base, I don't think it matters how much he is playing because there I are no spots open. I do agree he will at least be up in sept, but for fantasy purposes he won't have an impact

If they really need a bat in the lineup (which they do) they could easily shuffle that infield around to make room for him and send Uribe's old a** to the bench. They're struggling and need a spark. Don't rule out seeing Alex early in the second half. That's just my opinion.

If they really need a bat in the lineup (which they do) they could easily shuffle that infield around to make room for him and send Uribe's old a** to the bench. They're struggling and need a spark. Don't rule out seeing Alex early in the second half. That's just my opinion.

And let's not assume Hanley doesn't hit the DL

I think Hanley hitting the DL at some point is the best case he gets playing time if dee moves to short. If they were ever considering moving him to third I really think he would be getting PT there already. Remember the reason they sent him to the minors was because of defense.

Transitioning him to a new position after he was working on actually being decent at his old one would be tough.

Yup that to. Hanley is as fragile as anyone in the game. Kid mashed at Triple A and in his first two rehab games he hasn't missed a beat. 5 for 8 with a bomb after coming back from a long stay on the DL. The organization is watching and they remember what kind of impact the last Cuban player they signed had on the team in the second half.

Hanley to third Dee or Guerrero to short since and Uribe rides the pine. This could work or naw? Guerreros original position was SS wasnt it.

Hanley to third Dee or Guerrero to short since and Uribe rides the pine. This could work or naw? Guerreros original position was SS wasnt it.

That's exactly what they should do

The second half started two weeks ago.