Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

Not only is he back and playing well - but he is seeing time is various places around the IF. Good News.

From Rotoworld:

Alex Guerrero (ear) went 1-for-2 with a double in his first rehab game Sunday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga.

Guerrero was 8-for-23 (.348) with a double and two home runs in seven games for the Dodgers' Arizona League team before moving his rehab to High-A ball this weekend. He played second base on Sunday at Rancho Cucamonga but saw time at both shortstop and third base in the AZL. The Cuban infielder is rehabbing from surgery to reattach a large portion of his ear that was bit off in May during a fight with Miguel Olivo. Guerrero could make his major league debut sometime in August. Jul 21 - 9:01 AM

Source: Orange County Register

Just praying he can be a 25 HR hitter with at least a .270 BA. Gold from the middle infield.

Just praying he can be a 25 HR hitter with at least a .270 BA. Gold from the middle infield.

That is a bit high. I think he could do 20HR though, while hitting .260-.270. He might also move to 3B, but we will see.

Promoted to AAA

I believe he was already playing there. This is just the first time back at AAA since Olivio tried to eat him

Promoted to AAA

I believe he was already playing there. This is just the first time back at AAA since Olivio tried to eat him

Yesterday (7/26) was the first game back for Guerrero - he went 1 for 5.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_07_26_albaaa_renaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

There was a benches-clearing brawl in the top of the 2nd and Alex Guerrero was instrumental in getting his guy out of the melee. Fortunately, he was not bitten.

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=34849937&sid=milb

Promoted to AAA

Yesterday (7/26) was the first game back for Guerrero - he went 1 for 5.

http://www.milb.com/...=g_box&sid=milb

There was a benches-clearing brawl in the top of the 2nd and Alex Guerrero was instrumental in getting his guy out of the melee. Fortunately, he was not bitten.

http://www.milb.com/...849937&sid=milb

Holy crap! Then they said something along the lines of, "None of this happens if Erisbel Arruebarrena, didn't do it last night". Does that mean they had another brawl the night before? :blink:

Maybe this is a team building exercise. "Guys, you don't bite off each your teammates ear's, you bite off THE OTHER TEAMS EARS!"

Promoted to AAA

Oh I'm well aware that he was already there. He dominated AAA. I guess I should have thrown "back" in there. Either way, he was in A-ball, so technically he still is being promoted to AAA lol.

Olivo really set this kid back. All injuries are awful but who can predict an ear eater? Is Guerrerro now considered injury prone? Going on DL for "ear bit off" is pretty rare though. Maybe Olivo had that dream where he was eating beef jerkey......

It looks like the Dodgers are acquiring 2B Darwin Barney. I guess he's gotta move to third to see the field this year.

That is a late inning defensive replacement type move. Maybe they are going to give the kid a shot knowing they can use Barney in the late innings for defense if need be. ???

Just re-read the whole thing thread. Talk about crazy.

Anyhow, is there any real reason to doubt his bat? Yes, it is a small sample size, but does 20HR and 75 RBI's sound realistic at the MLB level? I have people throwing crazy offers at me and I've held this long, I'd hate to cave even if he doesn't play until next year.

I think his bat will play, and a 20HR guy over 600 ABs looks pretty good. Average might be .260ish. Basically Cespedes-light.

If he moves to 3B, obviously his value decreases. Personally I have my eye on Micah Johnson since he only can play 2B, and his 35+SB potential with a decent average.

Just noticed he is playing LF tonight. If the Dodgers somehow manage to move one of those overrated and overpaid outfielders could we actually see Guerrero in LF over Pederson in CF? For whatever reason the Dodgers want Pederson to be an allstar before he comes up so they could just leave Puig in CF and play Guerrero in LF. Lots of speculation there but the versatility can only help, I really think this kid can hit at the major league level right now.

Surprising.... I guess they don't want Dee at SS