Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palmetto08

Alexander Guerrero - 2B LAD

He hasn't really played like he wants a call up, so I don't think it has anything to do with there being room.

Getting the call on Sept 1st.

Ned Colletti just told us that we’ll see Joc Pederson and Alex Guerrero on Sept 1st #Dodgers @Dodgers Sirius 209 XM 89

What are we looking at here stat wise? Is this guy any good, really? Do you see him producing at the MLB level in a way that would warrant a keeper league stash?

What are we looking at here stat wise? Is this guy any good, really? Do you see him producing at the MLB level in a way that would warrant a keeper league stash?

Only 4.8% BB rate in AAA, that worries me along with the fact that he is 4 months away from being 28 years old. He's showing a decent 16.8% K rate and a nice .242 ISO. His bat would have played really nice at 2B, but at 3B and outfield, not as much. He seems to have 20 HR power, but the guy is almost 28, he should be showing a nice ISO in AAA. I don't know if he is worth a stash, probably not, unless you are allowed to keep a lot.

Heating up. Last 4 games: 10/18, 10 RBIs, no walks, 3 k's. I think his upside is Adam Jones (25 HRs, .280 hitter that doesn't walk, without the SBs). That's his upside. I think he'll likely be a 20 HR hitter hitting around .260.

When he gets called up 9/1, what's his expected playing time look like? Is he going to be an everyday player, or in a timeshare?

Doubt he gets enough PT to be valuable. From what I heard they aren't even giving Pederson a starting job.

Side note: he hit 2 HRs yesterday.

With Hanley signing with Boston it would appear our dude is going to get a legit shot in spring training.... I would assume anyway

With Hanley signing with Boston it would appear our dude is going to get a legit shot in spring training.... I would assume anyway

Gordon back to SS and then Guerrero battling for 2B job or battling with Seager, if Seager wins job, Gordo stays at 2B, if Guerrero wins job, Gordon to SS?

I understand this guy is 28, but is he worth a draft pick in a prospect draft? Longevity for players in the MLB is better than most leagues, and if there's some reasonable expectation for production, I'm considering spending a pick on him in a dynasty.

I understand this guy is 28, but is he worth a draft pick in a prospect draft? Longevity for players in the MLB is better than most leagues, and if there's some reasonable expectation for production, I'm considering spending a pick on him in a dynasty.

Depends where you are picking him. I have him rostered in a deep dynasty and in a somewhat shallower keeper with minors. I am not likely to keep him this offseason in the keeper, but am happy to have him in my deeper dynasty league. Hope this makes sense.

Darnell Sweeney (one of the more underrated prospects around) will probable battle it out against Guerrero in Spring Training. If Sweeney wins, he'll go to short and Dee will remain at second. If Guerrero wins, he'll go to second and Dee will move to short. My money is on Sweeney winning the battle and Guerrero being traded.

Seager is still a year or two away, so he's not in the picture in 2015.

Why is everyone disregarding the very real possibility that Dee stays at 2B and Guerrero plays SS? Dee was terrible defensively at SS for the Dodgers (35 errors in just over 1,300 innings), but has really seemed to find his groove at 2B (only 12 errors in just over 1,200 innings). Not to mention that Dee found his offensive groove while playing 2B. I wouldn't mess with his head by switching his position again.

Why is everyone disregarding the very real possibility that Dee stays at 2B and Guerrero plays SS? Dee was terrible defensively at SS for the Dodgers (35 errors in just over 1,300 innings), but has really seemed to find his groove at 2B (only 12 errors in just over 1,200 innings). Not to mention that Dee found his offensive groove while playing 2B. I wouldn't mess with his head by switching his position again.

Guerrero is a bad infielder right now. That was the whole reason Dee got the shot because Alex wasn't ready. The only way I see Alex getting in the infield is at 3B.

Otherwise the Dodgers right now have Turner, Barney, and Gordon to play among SS and 2B. Turner can also play 3B (where there's already Uribe).

Then there's as mentioned above the outside chance that Corey Seager could play (I'm like 99% he won't crack the team out of spring though).

Also there's rumors that The Dodgers are looking at Alexei Ramirez.

So they have options, just not great ones right now.

Now likely your 2015 starting 2b for the LAD.

Now likely your 2015 starting 2b for the LAD.

Check that, Kendrick is now in town.

Does this guy move to 3B, spend another season in the minors working on his 2b D (Kendrick is a free agent after this season) or is he trade bait at this point?

He'll probably make another 4M this year playing minor league ball. Hell of a smart signing he was for LA. You can't even trade him like a prospect because he only has 4 years of control and you're paying 18M for those 4 years instead of the usual 6 years at way under 18M you'd get from the usual prospect.

Kendrick is only signed through 2015. I think there's a reasonable chance that Guerrero starts the season in AAA (he missed so much time last year) and then gets called up as a utility player mid-season. Some 2B, some 3B, backup at the corner OF positions. Gets about 250 AB in an audition for 2016.

The Dodgers were dumb to trade Heaney. They would be better off with Guerrero and a top pitching prospect than Kendrick.

His little tantrum and ultimatum to the Dodgers is pretty obnoxious. Refusing to get sent down to the minors? Really?

Dude, you're getting paid $28 million over 4 years (which means you've already made roughly $7 million for playing half a season in the minors), and you haven't done s*** to earn that money.

This is the type of guy who you almost wish has a career-ending injury. If he ever does have that misfortune, I won't feel sorry for him at all.

His little tantrum and ultimatum to the Dodgers is pretty obnoxious. Refusing to get sent down to the minors? Really?

Dude, you're getting paid $28 million over 4 years (which means you've already made roughly $7 million for playing half a season in the minors), and you haven't done s*** to earn that money.

This is the type of guy who you almost wish has a career-ending injury. If he ever does have that misfortune, I won't feel sorry for him at all.

Whoa whoa whoa! Slow your roll. Lets say the Dodger's f.o. told him he would be starting by this year or even last year at the latest and yet here he is. He left his country to compete against the best that the world could throw at him and despite getting his ear bitten off he has done everything the org. has asked from him. Guerrero has been quiet even during more stressful points of his young American career. Yet, he came over here to, once again, compete against the worlds greatest and put some pride in his country. Not just hang out in AAA. You only know one side of a story so give him a break for being frustrated when reporters are shoving mike's in your face or asking for a story.

I like it to be honest. This kid wants his chance to show what he can do and it isn't his fault that hasn't happened. It's not like he asked to get his ear to be presented for the lunch special.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but can't he refuse to go back to the minors per his contract?

Honestly, I'm shocked a team like Philadelphia hasn't worked out a deal for him where the Dodgers pick up a part of the contract. Guy can hit. Stick.him in left field at worst.

I read somewhere that the Dodgers had him taking ground balls at third.

He's not a young kid like the Yoan Moncada's or Jorge Soler's that had to spend multiple years in the minors. Dude is almost 30. He didn't sign that big contract to spend his prime years in AAA. Any other 28 year old in the league would turn down a minor league assignment too if they had the same option in their contract. Who the hell is going to turn down a guaranteed roster spot on an MLB roster?

All I'm saying is he's making $28 million, and he hasn't earned it... and he's making demands like the Dodgers have mistreated him. It doesn't endear to him to people who bust their hump everyday just to get by.

I really don't like how it is now advantageous financially to play in MLB if you're from Cuba or Japan rather than the States. It's actually an inadvertent form of discrimination, if you think about it. Granted, some of these kids from Cuba come from extreme poverty. But it's not fair to players born in America. These guys are like this era's bonus babies. I know for a fact there is some resentment about the inequity from American ballplayers. I'd be pissed, too, if I played professionally.