Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Victory is Mine! 2014 Celebration Thread

My OF

McCutchin

CarGo

Braun

J. Hamilton

Polanco

Springer

Harper

To go along with a nice infield of

Ramos

A. Gonzalez

Kipnis

Rendon

Tulo

Aramis Ramirez

C. Santana

I got toooo much OFing. My team looks mad different from the draft. Some sneaky good trades.. going from bottom of the barrle, to top 3 team out of 10 and climbing.

My pitching domonates week in, week out. 7+ catagory wins each week

Billy Butler hit a home run last night... I had him in my lineup. wut

#fantasygenius

Bwahaha! Bully was dropped a whiilllleee back (before his 1st HR).. he was just sitting their like a sad fatty... So I picked him up and that ONE day I owned him he hit his 1st. I dropped him right after. It was kinda like a one night stand. The best part is I won by 1 HR that week too.. Ohh the timing

I don't know what thread to post this in, but i was thinking the other day and i got curious... Have Clayton Kershaw and Felix Hernandez ever pitched against each other in a game before? If so when? and damn that would be and AWESOME pitching duel!

30 IP, 4 wins, 20 Ks, 1.50 ERA, 0.90 WHIP thanks to these fine gentlemen:

Rubby

Huddy

Marcus Stromanator

Hamels

Andrew Miller

Only blemish was Sergio "I'm back on the WW" Romo.

*cracks open champagne*

Team in sig... even after losing Jose and now probably Tanaka... will be back in 1st place after this week.

No idea how you managed that stat line with only 10-12 starters.

Duda carried both of my teams to offensive victories last week. Winning each of my leagues 8-2. Best part was on Sunday I was down in pitching Ws, Ks and Whip. I decided to use the rest of my moves on the week to attempt to catch Ws and Ks. Threw 7 trash pitchers and got 40 IP/3 Ws/2.5 ERA/.95 whip/40 Ks to make an epic comeback.

Yea we start 11 in that league. 4OF and 2 utils. Rizzo, Santana, Cespedes = 14 HR and 29 RBI. Couple extra days to last "week" too.

My team is terrible in that league anyway. I'm like 20 games out of first.

ScreenShot2014-07-27at115250PM_zpsa3475f5a.png

One of the more ridiculous lines I've ever managed.

ScreenShot2014-07-28at125737PM.jpg

Would you have beat that? B)

(btw of my 3 losses this year, 2 were on a tie breaker and this was the guy who beat me legitimately last time... feels good to get that redemption in the form of a sweep)

Haha I love the lengthened week. For Yahoo ours was week 15 and I had 115 hits and 133 strikeouts. :D Pretty much cemented my place in the league Record Book.

First 8 weeks .465 winning %

Second 8 weeks .613 winning %

Good enough from 11th to 2nd. I caught the injury bug early on...Kipnis, Zimmerman, Gordon, Gio, Ryu, Fister, Belt, Gattis plus i have had to deal with the Hosmer curse for the first half. Remaining opponents are all 9th-12th with the exception of 1st place next week. Feel pretty good about this one.

ScreenShot2014-07-28at125737PM.jpg

Would you have beat that? B)

(btw of my 3 losses this year, 2 were on a tie breaker and this was the guy who beat me legitimately last time... feels good to get that redemption in the form of a sweep)

Nope, my pitching is terrible. 10 keeper league. I took over for a buddy who bailed in this league 2 years ago and the team was terrible. I don't keep pitching. I punt saves to carry extra starters because everyone streams in this league. 6 of 12 teams with 100-160 transactions already, haha.

I had 98 K 7 W 1 SV (Timmay) 4.03 ERA 1.274 WHIP

Four leagues and right now I'm:

1) 1 out 16

2) 1 out 14

3) 5 out 10

4) 9 out of 12

I'll take 2 out of 4 this year especially considering the one is the largest. The last one was quite dissappointing. Of course, it's never over and I know too well what it feels like to lose in the playoffs!!! At least one of the lagues is a roto...

Good luck all!!

Last week's 10 day week was great for my pitching .... 136 IP, 136 K, 13 QS, 12 W, 9 SV, 2.45 ERA, 1.06 WHIP.

Went 12-0-0 in my dynasty league; now in 1st place. First 12-0-0 win this season; won AVG by .008 (.2544 vs .2536).

After having an ERA of over 6.5 last week, had an ERA under 2.5 this week; head-to-head can be a pain.

Looking for my first title!

Came back from a daunting 3-9 hole that looked unbeatable. I was getting crushed all week. I somehow managed to end up with a 6-6 tie. Not a victory, but I'll take it.

My hitting line tonight:

16 Runs, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 3 SBs .434 average

Check this out. Upton plays Sunday Night Hero for the second Sunday in a row with his home run last night. Last week, put me ahead in homers. This week, pulled me even. B)

My 10 H2H teams went 8-1-1 for the week. The one loss is with a team in 1st place that I ran out of moves with before the ASB (never noticed the rule change from last year :D ). It lost the week 5-6 by losing every pitching category and tieing in stolen bases.

My problem team after what politely could be called a slow start, in last place after four weeks (8-35-5), is now comfortable in the playoffs after going 108-59-13 after a plethora of trades (9) remaking the entire roster.

My 10 H2H teams went 8-1-1 for the week. The one loss is with a team in 1st place that I ran out of moves with before the ASB (never noticed the rule change from last year :D ). It lost the week 5-6 by losing every pitching category and tieing in stolen bases.

My problem team after what politely could be called a slow start, in last place after four weeks (8-35-5), is now comfortable in the playoffs after going 108-59-13 after a plethora of trades (9) remaking the entire roster.

10 teams... Man that's a lot of time.

Not really. I can set all 10 in a daily in about 15 minutes. Add/drops through the course of the season tend to be almost the same for each team.

If I like a player for one team, pretty much I like him for the rest of them, and if I have a player on a team that I want to drop the same holds true.

Trading takes a little more time looking for the right fit per team, but I don't try to lowball anyone ever so the proposal / counterproposal isn't as protracted. I send what I think he is fair and if they counter I either accept or send one more counter. After that it is time to move on. I don't worry about getting that "little extra piece" as it usually is a player I don't want or need. I play in long standing keeper/dynasty leagues and most of the other managers already know this.

I do a lot of trading (or what I consider a lot) and this year average about 4-5 per team. Some more some less. My record is 17 trades for 1 team that I took over in June last year. Team was in 10th when I got it and finished 2nd after a good run in the playoffs.

Had 10 runs 4 HR and 19 RBI yesterday even with me screwing up and playing both Duda + Moss over Fowler. Woulda had 12 R 5 HR and 20 RBI if I wasn't so dumb.

In my big money league i'm currently 17.5 games out of first place but i'm playing the 2nd place team and winning 12-1. Next week I play the worst team in the league and the 2nd place team plays the first place team. I can easily take second place if everything works out right.

These are my weeks stats against the second place team.

30 runs, 63 hits, 14 homeruns, 37 rbi, 1 sb, 333 avg, 1.065 ops, 3 wins, 0 cg, 4 sv, 42 k, 1.72 era, 0.97 whip, 7 quality starts.

My team

C. Jonathon Lucroy

1B. Victor Martinez

2B. Josh Harrison

SS. Danny Santana

3B. Josh Donaldson

OF. Jacoby Ellsbury

OF. J.D. Martinez

OF. Jorge Soler

UT. Matt Holliday

BN. Matt Kemp

BN. Hanley Ramirez

SP. Sonny Gray, Michael Pineda, Jacob DeGrom, Danny Duffy, Alex Cobb, Tanner Roark, Matt Shoemaker, James Paxton.

RP. Huson Street, Jake McGee, Zach Britton

Biggest busts.....Eric Hosmer, Dustin Pedroia, Allen Craig

Key injuries....Jose Fernandez, Garrett Richards, Sean Doolittle, Manny Machado, Andrew Cashner

worst drops...Dee Gordon, Corey Dickerson, Jesse Hahn

best adds.......Billy Hamilton, Victor Martinez, Josh Harrison, Danny Santana, J.D. Martinez, Jorge Soler, Jacob DeGrom, Tanner Roark, Garret Richards, Danny Duffy, Sean Doolittle, Zack Britton, Jake McGee

Was afraid about my 1st round matchup after settling into the 4 seed and missing the bye but I'm currently up 10-0! Sweep alert! Obviously risking the jinx here but I'm up big in most categories and hold the tiebreaker so I'm ready to announce I will be advancing to the semis :D . Time to play the #1 team.

First h2h league since my league switched from rotisserie has been pretty irritating but I'm still alive and have a chance to win