Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SundayKindofLove

Carlos Rodon - SP CHW

Is this mid-april business true? Either way he's just down for a month or two at most right?

Unless there are White Sox executives on the RW forums, and they don't mind sharing information publicly, I don't think you're getting an answer.

Is this mid-april business true? Either way he's just down for a month or two at most right?

Unless there are White Sox executives on the RW forums, and they don't mind sharing information publicly, I don't think you're getting an answer.

I doubt that they even know at this point. They'll want to see how he's progressing before calling him up.

How soon are they bringing him up? Why isn't there an uproar about starting him in the big leagues?

How soon are they bringing him up? Why isn't there an uproar about starting him in the big leagues?

Since he was expected to start in the minors and come up sometime this season why oh why would there be an uproar?

Bryant was also expected to start the year in the minors. But we still have an uproar.

Rodon is ready, Hahn is doing the same thing, getting an extra year of control. it's less publicized becauae he will just miss a handful of starts from him.

They are simply gaining an extra year of control by what they're doing. It's a smart move. He will be up in no less than a month I believe.

Bryant was also expected to start the year in the minors. But we still have an uproar.

Rodon is ready, Hahn is doing the same thing, getting an extra year of control. it's less publicized becauae he will just miss a handful of starts from him.

Bryant was the best hitter in spring training, and Cubs fans want everything right away. They are tired of waiting. Of course there will be somewhat of an uproar. But it's those smart, savvy fans that know keeping him down two weeks is the wise move.

I'm just annoyed. I'm already holding Bryant and want Rodon but can't afford to use up another roster spot. But I might use it if I was more sure Rodon would be up in a few weeks.

I'm just annoyed. I'm already holding Bryant and want Rodon but can't afford to use up another roster spot. But I might use it if I was more sure Rodon would be up in a few weeks.

Keep in mind Hector Noesi and John Danks are holding down the 4th and 5th spots in the rotation. Rodon is better than both of them right now. He will be up soon. He's worth a hold, unless you're in a shallow league.

Keep in mind Hector Noesi and John Danks are holding down the 4th and 5th spots in the rotation. Rodon is better than both of them right now. He will be up soon. He's worth a hold, unless you're in a shallow league.

Yep, that's why it's frustrating.

im holding you to you thinking rodon will be up in late april early may ha I hope your right im holding in all leagues

im holding you to you thinking rodon will be up in late april early may ha I hope your right im holding in all leagues

Even if it ends up being mid-late May, that one roster spot shouldn't hurt much at all. All he needs to do this year is spend two weeks in the minors for the Sox to get an extra year from him. So as long as he doesn't implode at AAA, he should be up soon. The Sox are trying to win this year, and Rodon in the rotation gives them the best shot at doing just that.

Danks ERA the last three years has been 5.70, 4.75, and 4.74. They can't keep trotting him out to get destroyed. His arm is done. Unfortunately they signed him to a long term deal that has two years left at something like 15mil/yr. Maybe they just use him as a long relief guy if they have to keep him on the roster. Hopefully they can just trade him and eat essentially all of his contract. At least they would salvage a little bit of money while not having trot this guy out to throw BP every game.

Back to Rodon. He's ready for the bigs. His slider is elite, or very near. He throws mid 90's with pretty good command. His change is passable, but still a work in progress. But his slider is so nasty that he can get by with an average change. It will improve though, he never threw it in college.

yea agree rodons ready just hope they don't f it up or if he isn't as sharp as he has been and they just let him tread water in AAA for half the year

Getting more innings as a starter in the minors can only help. It allows him a place to work on the change and keeps him stretched out. Putting him in the MLB bullpen would have been the messed up thing to do.

Well here is what I am concerned with right now.... will Rodon be a legitimate contributor to 6x6 roto (QS extra stat for pitchers) THIS season? If he's carrying a 1.3 WHIP and 3.50+ ERA he's going need really need to bank QS, W, and SO in order to provide any value... can he keep his WHIP in check this year?

Well here is what I am concerned with right now.... will Rodon be a legitimate contributor to 6x6 roto (QS extra stat for pitchers) THIS season? If he's carrying a 1.3 WHIP and 3.50+ ERA he's going need really need to bank QS, W, and SO in order to provide any value... can he keep his WHIP in check this year?

Watching him this spring I saw enough command that combined with his sick stuff the whip would be under 1.3 for sure. I'd set the over under at 1.22.

Does anyone else think of him as a Randy Johnson lite?

His fastball and slider are so devastating that he might not need a third pitch.

I drafted him at 270 and thinking he could be the steal of our draft.

Penny got sent down. And Danks just got rough up by their minor league team

His fastball and slider are so devastating that he might not need a third pitch.

No, he needs his change to develop. He won't get by on a fastball/slider only repertoire. If he threw 98, maybe. But he's around 93-95, 96 at times. He needs a change up to become elite. And if his change up remains average, he may need to develop a cutter or even possibly a curve. Regardless, he needs more than the fastball/slider, although the slider should become ++ (already +).

Penny got sent down. And Danks just got rough up by their minor league team

Danks is beyond toast. He has two years remaining on his contract though.... They should just use him in long relief at the moment. The Sox are in trouble any time he takes the mound to start a game.

No, he needs his change to develop. He won't get by on a fastball/slider only repertoire. If he threw 98, maybe. But he's around 93-95, 96 at times. He needs a change up to become elite. And if his change up remains average, he may need to develop a cutter or even possibly a curve. Regardless, he needs more than the fastball/slider, although the slider should become ++ (already +).

Bottom line.

Does he chance of being fantasy relevant this season?

I might be desperate for a pitcher for my staff.

If he would be a SP4 - SP5 I would be thrilled.

There is a quote on the internet floating around from the Sox GM where he says that he might initially be used as a reliever. He did not mention for how long.

Bottom line.

Does he chance of being fantasy relevant this season?

I might be desperate for a pitcher for my staff.

If he would be a SP4 - SP5 I would be thrilled.

There is a quote on the internet floating around from the Sox GM where he says that he might initially be used as a reliever. He did not mention for how long.

Read the last few pages of comments and you may find an answer or two......

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 5, 2015 - No reason given

Given a choice of Rondon or Swihart who would you take if you had one spot ?

What is he up to nowadays? Minors still in spring training? When does AAA start their regular season?

If you have seen/heard any reports/updates on what he's been up to, if any game action, please share.

Thanks!