Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Interested to hear the severity of Parker's ankle injury, and to the Spurs benefit - game 1 isn't until Thursday.

Hope its a good finals; it ought to be. Kind of want LeBron to win to further quiet the "he's only got 2 rings" crowd, but I also appreciate what the Spurs have been able to do. They play a beautiful brand of basketball.

• Like 2

I'm going with the Spurs, not that I have much against the Heat, just that they've been the best team basically all season, had a much tougher road to the finals (the teams the Heat beat would've lost in the first round of the West- if they even got there to begin with,) and it would suck to have the Spurs' dynasty turn into a joke like the Patriots have become, where they've been good enough to get to the playoffs and occasionally win series, but never able to recapture the magic that propelled them to the national spotlight all those years ago.

• Like 1

Who knows when or if Tony Parker will be even remotely healthy all series. He missed the 2nd half of an extremely important game tonight.

I hate to say this but I'm going with the heat. Wade looks so much better/healthier this year.

• Like 1

Tony Parker's health is going to be a big factor. Wade looks refined, nothing like the Wade of last year's playoffs, so he's going to be Miami's x factor. And then you have LeBron, gotta find a way to contain him.

I hate to say this but I'm going with the heat. Wade looks so much better/healthier this year.

Yea, I'm also going with the Heat. Solely because of how brilliant Wade's been playing. All that rest throughout the season sure did wonders.

Edited by Eternal

Both are worthy champions, but I'm picking the Heat.

The Spurs continue to be a well-oiled machine, and will certainly be motivated to avenge last year's devastating loss, but the Heat are just as motivated to 3-peat and cement their dynasty. The Heat have the best player in the world in Lebron, and this time around, a healthy D-Wade. In my opinion, when this duo is healthy and dynamic on both ends, no team can contend with them.

The Heat already know what to expect from the Spurs: They will pack the paint to force Lebron and Wade to settle for mid- to long-range jumpers. This time around, there should be no adjustment or hesitation for Lebron and Wade to take what the defense gives them, especially as Wade's mid-range game has been on point in these playoffs. This time around, a healthy Wade should be able to take advantage of Danny Green on the block. This time around, Danny Green will not get off like he did in the early part of the series, as he will be a marked man on the floor from the start.

The Spurs have a rejuvenated Manu to counter Wade, so that match-up will be fun to watch. Diaw is also coming off a great series against OKC, so expect him to be an X-factor for the Spurs.

With the news of his injury, we can only hope that Parker can be 100% for the Finals, because they need him playing on an MVP-caliber level to beat the Heat.

On the other hand, Miami's small ball, with a rejuvenated Rashard Lewis at the 4, will force Splitter out of the starting line-up. This will be a small-ball series. Birdman will once again be called upon to provide the same energy and production as he did in last Finals.

Moreover, people fail to mention the evolution of Chris Bosh as a legitimate "stretch" 5. This season, Chris Bosh has settled into this role even more seamlessly, and has turned into a prolific shooter from arc, especially on those corner 3s. Unlike last year, the Spurs cannot simply leave Bosh open at the 3 anymore, and this dynamic should give the Spurs' slower big men some headaches.

This will be a small-ball series, and no one plays small-ball better than the Heat. I expect a tough series, but IMO, it's hard to deny Lebron. He's just too primed and just too focused to win a 3-peat and cement his legacy.

Heat in 6.

BTW - who would have thought, at this point in time, Oden may get a ring before Durant? :o:lol:

• Like 4

BTW - who would have thought, at this point in time, Oden may get a ring before Durant? :o:lol:

Darko and Oden > Durant and Melo! Weird.

Corey Joseph is fine. Diaw has been a beast hope he continues hes awesome play.

Diaw has to be huge again, but as it was in last year's Finals, Diaw will be hard-pressed to be a huge factor against a Heat team who will salivate over that Diaw-Lebron match-up that Pop likes to utilize, and though it works out at times (when Lebron bails him out with a long jumper), it will take a toll on Diaw on the offensive end. Diaw might turn into a defensive liability in this series, especially since the Heat like to play tons of screen-and-rolls, and with guys who can spread the floor much better than OKC can.

Long Analysis here.

It will come down to bench play. Will the Spurs respect Rashard Lewis? Will the Heat respect Boris Diaw? I don't care about the starting 5 as that will wash itself out. The difference will be in Battier, Cole & Lewis vs Ginobili, Diaw & Bellineli. I liked what I saw with Bosh in Game 6 against the Pacers, if he can do that and make Splitter uncomfortable that will be the mis-match and allow Wade & James to drive into the paint. The Heat can not be a jump shooting team, be aggressive and let your James Jones, Ray Allens and Rashard Lewis be your spot up shooters.

It will come down to the bench!

However with that said there is this "teeny weenie" prospect that the Spurs will win over the Heat. Why? Well when the Heat won in 2006 against Dallas is was all good, rematch came and Dallas beat the Heat in 2011. Last year Heat beat the Spurs, rematch comes Spurs beat the Heat?

IDK... I won't make a prediction yet. Let me see Game 1 1st.

However with that said there is this "teeny weenie" prospect that the Spurs will win over the Heat. Why? Well when the Heat won in 2006 against Dallas is was all good, rematch came and Dallas beat the Heat in 2011. Last year Heat beat the Spurs, rematch comes Spurs beat the Heat?

Lots of dynasties kept beating their predecessors over and over again.

Do not forget D.Green. Over/under 8 3pts in a game?

D. Green surprised Miami in the beginning of the Finals last year, but that won't be the case this year. Remember how they shut him down in Games 6 and 7. The guy was out of sorts. He'll be more poised, but he won't have that kind of explosion against Miami this time around.

sqs21c6bhvk2ov1otg1x.gif

That's beautiful. sniff. That ball movement and moving without the ball. Ball never touches the floor and Green is also wide open on the other side.