Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Lebron's exit marked the turning point of Game 1, but was it really because he left that the Spurs started raining 3s? I thought the game was close because the Spurs made an unbelievable number of turnovers in the 3rd. Once the turnovers were cut down in the 4th the Spurs were a much better team than the Heat.

As far as defensive strategies against Lebron goes, I think it'll always be to keep him as far away from the basket as possible. They do have to mix things up to confuse and put pressure on him when he takes shots, but as long as he's taking jumpers or 3s I think Pop can live with that. Lebron's shooting will always be his weakness.

The Heat needs better interior defense, that's the key. I don't know how they're going to do that because they don't have the right personnel, but maybe Oden is worth a try? You can lock down the paint playing a zone, but you can't play a zone against the Spurs because the ball movement and shooters will kill you.

When Lebron left for good, the Heat were merely down by 2. This was a 4-point game (99-95) with 1:45 left to play. Having Lebron in there would've given the Heat a better chance to score and defend during those last 5 minutes. Unfortunate.

Either way, the Heat do need to make some adjustments. My biggest adjustment should be on how they guard the pick-and-rolls, where Duncan/Splitter is basically getting easy position to score. A little tweak on how Bosh hedges, to give him a better chance to recover to Duncan. Second, the Heat need to extend their rotation, maybe play Haslem a bit more, someone who can provide some high IQ and effort on those pick-and-roll coverages against the bigs. Maybe play Beasley/JJones some minutes, just to keep guys fresh.

I wonder if the LeBron App stops working if your phone gets too hot. Jk, jk. Streetcred I apologise If you took that as an 'attack', but I dont recall Jeff ever saying those lines you're implying too if so I apologise once again.

But on a serious note; I think Spo had about 8 different lineups in the 4th. Miami didn't fade off Chalmers did who thinks he's some kind of Westbrook. Spo should have started Wade in the fourth instead of LeBron because LeBron even said after the third he needed a rest but Spo managed this game horribly. There is no reason why Wade should come out with 4 minutes left in the third and he then comes back with 8 minutes left in the fourth. Spo puts to much weight on his players some time especially since it was hot in there. I like what Pop did by taking Duncan and his starters out in the third and let them finish the game. But I just gotta give it to Diaw, he's always been one of my favorite players to watch. Diaw was one of most talented all around players in the world before he got fat. His talent was never a question, it was always his work ethic.

Lebron is multimillionaire athlete with access to the best dr.s, dieticians, nutritionists, metabolists and still can pinpoint or prevent cramping?

• Like 1

I wonder if the LeBron App stops working if your phone gets too hot. Jk, jk. Streetcred I apologise If you took that as an 'attack', but I dont recall Jeff ever saying those lines you're implying too if so I apologise once again.

But on a serious note; I think Spo had about 8 different lineups in the 4th. Miami didn't fade off Chalmers did who thinks he's some kind of Westbrook. Spo should have started Wade in the fourth instead of LeBron because LeBron even said after the third he needed a rest but Spo managed this game horribly. There is no reason why Wade should come out with 4 minutes left in the third and he then comes back with 8 minutes left in the fourth. Spo puts to much weight on his players some time especially since it was hot in there. I like what Pop did by taking Duncan and his starters out in the third and let them finish the game. But I just gotta give it to Diaw, he's always been one of my favorite players to watch. Diaw was one of most talented all around players in the world before he got fat. His talent was never a question, it was always his work ethic.

Lebron is multimillionaire athlete with access to the best dr.s, dieticians, nutritionists, metabolists and still can pinpoint or prevent cramping?

Disagree with the bolded statement. Its The Finals. After today, there are only a maximum of 5 games left until next fall. This is when you ride your workhorses all the way to the finish line, knowing you'll have a full offseason to recover.

• Like 1

Any news on Oden?

He's happily warming the bench. The guy that should get situational minutes tonight is Udonis Haslem.

That camera shot of Pop after Parker fouled Chalmers with the shot clocking running out was priceless.

Did Splitter get fined for his flop last game? Aside from the superb acting job, Wade's been out of focus.. the Heat need more from him in the 2nd half. If I were the Heat, I'd be clapping my hands its tied. Only 2 players playing well (Bron, Bosh). Lebron living in the paint. Main reason why the Heat find themselves tied at the half.

Yeah heat should be happy so far. Sas missing open shots

Lebron's been getting hacked out there too. As long as the refs call it even, then its up to the teams to adjust. That 1-3 pick&roll with Lebron is having success. Keep milking it.

Been saying this since the semis, lbj needs to stop being so unselfish and get more involved on each possession for the heat to be at their best

All you can ask for on the road. down 1 with 12 minutes of play. Wade finding some rhythm. Lebron needs to go in the paint more now and not fall in love with the jumper. 1-3 pick&roll, gotta milk that for the whole series.

Game 2 is important for both teams. 90% of the teams that won game 2 in the NBA Finals has won the ship.

But this year the format is changed from 2-3-2 to 2-2-1-1-1, I think that changes things.

Heat missing bunnies and open looks.. coulda stretched this lead to 4-6 pts. things getting tight now.