Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Doesn't really matter if LBJ is shooting jumpers, I think as long as he is aggressive on offense, things will be bright for them. Seeing the Heat at many occasions giving the ball to LBJ to the post or even outside, then once he passes out he doesn't get involved again until they run the clock out is what really kills them

Exactly. I cant believe people wanted a Thunder vs Heat finals, when this series so far has been amazing. One of the best finals i've ever seen in a long time. I know, I know its only game 2.

• Like 1

Exactly. I cant believe people wanted a Thunder vs Heat finals, when this series so far has been amazing. One of the best finals i've ever seen in a long time. I know, I know its only game 2.

Casual basketball fans want Thunder vs Miami just for LBJ vs KD match-up. Real and knowledgeable basketball fans want this match-up. Unfortunately, there are more casual fans out there that's why the NBA wanted the THunder to reach the finals so badly

Really? That clearly looked off Parker's leg too me...

Missed shot by Spurs so it didn't matter, but...

wang zhi zhi, or I mean Chris Bosh with a big corner 3

Ruh-roh, BOSHasaurus roar! :lol:

Seriously though, nice drive and pass by the big man...

• Like 1

Lebron James.

He gets ridiculed, he usually comes out motivated. Today was another example.

• Like 1

Lebron James.

He gets ridiculed, he usually comes out motivated. Today was another example.

Haven't the critics learned enough? ;) You can't give this guy any more "bulletin board material".

4 consecutive missed FTs by the Spurs.. that will haunt them. Almost got "Chalmered" by that flagrant-1. Bosh with the clutch corner 3. Again. That's how the game should've ended in Game 1. When Lebron is on the floor, you got a great shot in any close game.

• Like 1

LBJ's shooting chart the last 3 quarters...

VXoWiz0.jpg

Not too shabby...

• Like 3

I know many people will say Heat got lucky because LBJ saved them, but that's what he is being paid for. Really should be more aggressive. I am so sick of seeing passive lebron, and him being so unselfish.

some key take aways from this game:

- I don't understand why people keep saying Spurs should post Duncan more. Ever since 2 years ago, when Duncan posts up, even if up against say someone like Rashard Lewis only, he dribbles, but doesn't really back the man down. He moves sideways instead of backing down for a higher percentage shot. That's why most of the time he goes for a jump hook or a turn around jumper. He has high IQ, but posting up TD shouldn't be the main option. This is not the Thunder where they allow Fisher or Reggie Jackson to defend Duncan. Thats why I said the 9/10 shooting of Duncan will not happen again.

- Spurs missed a ton of opportunities IMO, but they also got red hot in game 1 and shouldn't have won that one because they committed so many live ball turnovers, so I guess now that's even.

- Spurs are so good on offense. They run simple but complicated plays. Their plays are basically screens backdoor, up high at the elbow, but the number of screens they set for each play, and how their shooters move without the ball is amazing. That is all props to the system that Pops is implementing. Back in early 2000, the Spurs offense was feed Duncan down low, wait for double, move the ball and find open 3 to the weak side. As I mentioned above, Duncan posting up is not that effective anymore, and Pops has found a way to innovate this team.

For Miami:

- it's really simple, just give the ball to LBJ and space the floor for him.

- Chalmers continues to be awful. I'm sensing that Chalmers will be one of the casualties this summer, and say hello to Norris Cole. Not sure how much fantasy value Cole will have though, probably somewhere in the vicinity of Patrick Beverley.

- Also just wondering, what the heck happened to Battier?? I think he is still the better fit to start at SF for the heat and bring Shard of the bench for a mike miller role. Lewis was ok today, but Shane Battier can also space for floor for LBJ and offer better defense.

• Like 1

Poor shooting, missed free throws, bad execution down the stretch are a recipe to lose. We are gonna live and die by LeBron's jump shot, and tonight we died. Cut down on turnovers this game, but offense clearly wasn't as sharp. Some shoddy officiating, but you can't pin a loss on the zebras. If we make those four free throws the refs don't matter. Gotta adjust and play better on the offensive side Game 3.

• Like 1

For Miami:

It sounds good and all, but I think I would rather not see him play ISO like Melo. You become the man when you make your teammates better. That's how you win games.

• Like 1

For Miami:

It sounds good and all, but I think I would rather not see him play ISO like Melo. You become the man when you make your teammates better. That's how you win games.

True, but there are times when you see someone like Chalmers with the ball and then he does something dumb and you say to yourself, "Man, why wasn't the ball in LeBron's hands, he would've made a much better play with his multidimensionality." I just want to see the ball in LeBron or Wade's hands, because I know I'm always going to end up with a good possession, be it a kick out to an open teammate, a jump shot, or an aggressive attack at the basket.

Edited by Eternal

If I remember correctly Ginobli choked down the stretch last year too. Bad shots and passes by Ginobli cost the Spurs tonight.

• Like 1

That's 13 straight playoff wins coming off a loss. That's pretty clutch. You gotta love Lebron's mentality to make the right play to feed Bosh that corner 3, and that's after Bosh just missed the same shot in the previous play. It's the same play he got criticized for against Indiana, but you gotta love his mentality.. he will make the right play, almost every time.

You know what's sweeter for a fan than seeing your team get a huge road win, and a split going back to Miami? The sweet silence from the Lebron haters in the next few days... but they'll be lurking, though ;)

Edited by StreetCred

On that last possession with like 9 seconds to go why were the Spurs trying to go for 2 when they were down by 4? Than Ginobili has this stupid jumpshot he takes and misses.

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid

For Miami:

With LBJ, it is not ISO, because you know most of the time he will make the right decision of either to pass or to drive or shoot. When I say LBJ should be selfish, it doesn't mean he has to shoot, it just means he has to be the centerpiece of the offense.