Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

If I remember correctly Ginobli choked down the stretch last year too. Bad shots and passes by Ginobli cost the Spurs tonight.

Nah, Lebron was able to play the whole game, and that's really the difference ;) Just teasin' you. I read all your Lebron "hate" for the past few days. I love it when the media ramps up the criticism.. All this "cramp-gate" stuff was really uncalled for. You just know Lebron will use it as fuel, and he did.

The tone LeBron set in the 3rd quarter was huge. Heat shot 13-17 FG (76.5%) in the 3rd quarter. While the Spurs were horrendous in the 4th quarter, shooting 6-17. I guess it even things out, as they hit a ridiculous 14-16 FG last game in the 4th to win the game.

The Heat also outrebounded the Spurs by 1 tonight, whereas last game the Heat were outrebounded by 10. Had a huge impact in the game. However, the Spurs had way too many 2nd chance points this game. Still, the Heat do an excellent job at preparing for a game after a loss.

On that last possession with like 9 seconds to go why were the Spurs trying to go for 2 when they were down by 4? Than Ginobili has this stupid jumpshot he takes and misses.

No idea, you expect Danny Green going for a quick 3. Ginobili did hit that 3pt shot though to end the game, but it was futile.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

Given all that, I still stand by my prediction of SAS in 6. The overall game of this team right now is too good if they click

StreetCred, please. All the winking emoticons are making me nauseous.

;):);) gimme a break, the Heat won a huge road game, I'm a bit giddy.

Yeah Ginobili was bad and all but I think Leonard should take some blame as well. Dude played an horrible game. Around this time last year Leonard was amazing, hopefully he comes to play for game 3.

Given all that, I still stand by my prediction of SAS in 6. The overall game of this team right now is too good if they click

Someone said Spurs in 5, so I who knows, they can still be right. I think the Heat have a huge opportunity to win this series in 6, just by how the series is shaping up, stealing home court, and with some good strategic adjustments that worked. I think the Heat have a good formula in the half-court offense.. that 1-3 pick&roll with Lebron is basically causing problems for the Spurs.

Someone said Spurs in 5, so I who knows, they can still be right. I think the Heat have a huge opportunity to win this series in 6, just by how the series is shaping up, stealing home court, and with some good strategic adjustments that worked. I think the Heat have a good formula in the half-court offense.. that 1-3 pick&roll with Lebron is basically causing problems for the Spurs.

True, but coaches make adjustments not saying it wont work again but I highly doubt they'll be able to run it effiecently. I myself picked Spurs in 5 but it doesn't really look like it. I really think this is going to go all the way to game 7. Spurs will find a way to split in Miami. Cant wait for game 3. Who won it last year this time around? I think Heat took game 3 if I am not mistaking.

True, but coaches make adjustments not saying it wont work again but I highly doubt they'll be able to run it effiecently. I myself picked Spurs in 5 but it doesn't really look like it. I really think this is going to go all the way to game 7. Spurs will find a way to split in Miami. Cant wait for game 3. Who won it last year this time around? I think Heat took game 3 if I am not mistaking.

Spurs blew out the Heat last year in game 3, but that was in their first Home game of the series. It's different this year, game 3 is in Miami.

• Like 1

Lebron James.

He gets ridiculed, he usually comes out motivated. Today was another example.

Haven't the critics learned enough? ;) You can't give this guy any more "bulletin board material".

Spurs didn't really give him any bulletin board material in all fairness. The critics love to come out in moments of weakness, no matter how stupid their arguments are. The hate on Lebron is more ridiculous than any athlete I've ever seen

• Like 1

A simple 1-3 pick and roll with Lebron.. the problem for the Spurs is, it forces Parker in the play. The Spurs can make adjustments, for sure.. but Lebron is not your average Forward.. he's basically a point guard that can post up, or can pick you apart with a pass. It's a very hard 1-3 pick-and-roll because it's Lebron, and because the Spurs have a small, not known for his defense in Parker.

Sorry I couldn't quote (stupid phone) but to sya point, true he can be the centerpiece but the thing is this, I remember when he used to run point or be ball dominant with the Cavs and by the 4th quarter dude would be gassed and of course he would miss crucial FT's down the line. Of course there PG was Daniel Gibson and some other no name but you get my point.

I think what they need to do to calm Chalmers down is either bench him and start Cole or if they still feel like he is inexperienced, do a switch a play Wade at point and move Chalmers to the 2. Of course they creates a mismatch, but Miami runs so many screens all Wade has to do is drive to close in the defense to make the pass.

Sorry I couldn't quote (stupid phone) but to sya point, true he can be the centerpiece but the thing is this, I remember when he used to run point or be ball dominant with the Cavs and by the 4th quarter dude would be gassed and of course he would miss crucial FT's down the line. Of course there PG was Daniel Gibson and some other no name but you get my point.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is the group of starters LeBron James took to the 2007 NBA Finals....at the age of 22.

4w1yYuz.png

• Like 1

Lebron just needs to be in attack mode all game. Doesn't mean he has to be scoring. When he's attacking like he did tonight, things open up for the team. Leonard is getting killed out there, and Diaw isn't faring any better. Lebron is a great study and learned from last Finals. No more hesitation, and he knows how to take each defender. He knows exactly how to attack the Spurs' defenders now. The only thing that's slowed Lebron down in these Finals, were the cramps. Other than that, Lebron is getting what he wants.

Here's an interesting stat:

The Spurs have only won ONCE (last year's playoffs in game 1) against the Heat at Miami in the American Airlines Arena since LeBron joined the Heat in 2010. While losing a total TEN times in the American Airlines Arena, since LeBron joined the Heat. It's definitely not going to be easy for the Spurs to win at Miami Home even though the Spurs had the best Road game record during the regular season.

• Like 1

If you remember in last year's Finals, Lebron was seriously "befuddled" by the Spurs' defensive strategy.. It took him 3 games to figure it out, which I thought was the main reason for the Spurs getting the split in Miami, and gaining a 2-1 edge in the first 3 games. This time around, there's no befuddling Lebron. James is eating up both Leonard and Diaw. In both games in San Antonio, Lebron has been spectacular. IMO, he's figured it out. To me, that's the key. Not that they're going back home for 2 games (because San Antonio is capable of winning on the road), but because Lebron is fully-engaged and dominant.

• Like 1

We can talk about Lebron James all day if the Spurs win it all it will be because of there bench. Right now I think the discrepancy is 71 to 38 in bench scoring in these 1st two games.

Here's an interesting stat:

The Spurs have only won ONCE (last year's playoffs in game 1) against the Heat at Miami in the American Airlines Arena since LeBron joined the Heat in 2010. While losing a total TEN times in the American Airlines Arena, since LeBron joined the Heat. It's definitely not going to be easy for the Spurs to win at Miami Home even though the Spurs had the best Road game record during the regular season.

I mean they only play there once a year (outside of the finals last two years). I believe one of those games was also that classic TNT game where Pop sat everyone because of YOLO.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is the group of starters LeBron James took to the 2007 NBA Finals....at the age of 22.

4w1yYuz.png

while that is quite impressive, it should be put in perspective than eastern conference was not really a power house that year. the pistons were the strongest team, and it was the year after ben wallace left. but like i said it is still impressive.

4w1yYuz.png

while that is quite impressive, it should be put in perspective than eastern conference was not really a power house that year. the pistons were the strongest team, and it was the year after ben wallace left. but like i said it is still impressive.

No doubt, I agree, the Eastern conference wasn't the best. Lebron still led them over a very veteran savy Pistons at the age of 22 in 6 games on the road with an awful cast. I feel like every year Lebron gets older and gets more accolades, this one is forgotten about.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

4w1yYuz.png

No doubt, I agree, the Eastern conference wasn't the best. Lebron still led them over a very veteran savy Pistons at the age of 22 in 6 games on the road with an awful cast. I feel like every year Lebron gets older and gets more accolades, this one is forgotten about.

While they didn't have Ben Wallace, they had Webber and Mcdyess. Not like they had nobody.

That's why I don't know why the Lebron haters keep saying and saying he couldn't lead the cavs to a title etc etc, this talk has been happening for the past 3 years. Even MJ would be lucky to lead that team to a semi-finals stint.

• Like 1

4w1yYuz.png

While they didn't have Ben Wallace, they had Webber and Mcdyess. Not like they had nobody.

That's why I don't know why the Lebron haters keep saying and saying he couldn't lead the cavs to a title etc etc, this talk has been happening for the past 3 years. Even MJ would be lucky to lead that team to a semi-finals stint.

It's pretty underrated how the Bulls got Pippen and obviously had a great coach. Pippen is tremendously underrated because he played with Jordan. Chicago is also a big market where free agents were willing to sign, nobody wants to play in Cleveland. The best player Lebron played with in Cleveland was Mo Williams. MO WILLIAMS. If you want to make the case it was Varajeo or Zyrdrunas when he was younger, by all means. Just remember these are the best players Lebron got to play with in Cleveland.

People like to say that Bird and Magic didn't have to switch teams to make a title run. Bird played with 3 hall of famers in their prime, not to mention other really top notch role players. Magic played with arguably the greatest center of all-time in Kareem, a hall of famer in Worthy, a defensive player of the year in Michael Cooper and others. It's just not the same as Mo Williams and Zydrunas Illguaskus, sorry.

• Like 1

It's pretty underrated how the Bulls got Pippen and obviously had a great coach. Pippen is tremendously underrated because he played with Jordan. Chicago is also a big market where free agents were willing to sign, nobody wants to play in Cleveland. The best player Lebron played with in Cleveland was Mo Williams. MO WILLIAMS. If you want to make the case it was Varajeo or Zyrdrunas when he was younger, by all means. Just remember these are the best players Lebron got to play with in Cleveland.

People like to say that Bird and Magic didn't have to switch teams to make a title run. Bird played with 3 hall of famers in their prime, not to mention other really top notch role players. Magic played with arguably the greatest center of all-time in Kareem, a hall of famer in Worthy, a defensive player of the year in Michael Cooper and others. It's just not the same as Mo Williams and Zydrunas Illguaskus, sorry.

Add Carlos Boozer to the list.

Edited by StreetCred