Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

I think this game is bigger for the Spurs than it is for Miami. If Miami wins this, Spurs are going to have there backs against the wall. I think its really a must-win game for the Spurs tonight

They must win either Game 3 or Game 4.

True but I think if they lose this next game, Miami is going to have all the confident in the world to beat them in Game4 as well. I hope the 2012-2013 Leonard shows up tonight.

I don't think Miami's demeanor is going to change for either game. But if Spurs lose tonight, I would expect them to come in even more aggressive (and maybe play with more risk vs reward) the next game, as that's what teams do when their backs are against the wall.

What Leonard needs to do is contain LeBron is some way without getting into foul trouble. He doesn't need to score 20 points, just needs to contain LeBron, even though that's the toughest task for anyone in the league. The Spurs aren't utilizing Leonard much on the offense because he's being guarded by LeBron, so he's not the guy you want to look for for a high percentage shot, especially since he can't create his own shot.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

Funny how the Spurs lost last year because of free throws as well.

Spurs hacked the game.

13-15 FG, 4-4 3pt, 11/13 FTM

I can't even remember a better quarter

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 2

Spurs hacked the game.

13-15 FG, 4-4 3pt, 11/13 FTM

I can't even remember a better quarter

Without LBJ this would have been a 25 point game at the very least at the end of first

• Like 1

The Spurs are on fire. Nothing you can do with that. Leonard set the tone and its raining now. Hope Miami composes themselves, cuts the lead a bit going into the half.

It's amazing how Green is making those tweeners...you have to run him off, but good adjustment by the Spurs to tell guys like Green to drive.

Edited by StreetCred

This is just absurd. 18-20 FG for the Spurs, like, really?

Even I couldn't do this on NBA 2k14! Wow

Now this is also key and pressure for the Spurs, you know Miami is going to make some sort of run, if the Spurs end up giving this game away, I don't know how you can recover from that. So this is a must win for them

Is this the real life?

Edited by det_tigers

18-20.. now 19-21. that has to be a record. I don't think the Heat are playing putrid defense.. the Spurs are just lights out tonight. Just one of those games.. Heat need one of those runs, cut it to 15 or less by the half.

18-20.. now 19-21. that has to be a record. I don't think the Heat are playing putrid defense.. the Spurs are just lights out tonight. Just one of those games.. Heat need one of those runs, cut it to 15 or less by the half.

The Heat are not playing terrible half court defense, but they are playing terrible. The turn overs are killing them and the Spurs are converting in transition lay ups and 3s

Listening to Mark Jackson and Breen makes my ears bleed. Can they please get some decent commentators around JVG? Oh yea and go Spurs (I'm a Dallas fan but I greatly respect them and both franchises share a common hatred of Miami).

The Heat are not playing terrible half court defense, but they are playing terrible. The turn overs are killing them and the Spurs are converting in transition lay ups and 3s

Yea, they are definitely playing sloppy.. those 2 live TOs near halfcourt were unacceptable. Key for the Heat is to just weather this storm and chip into that lead. They got the crowd, they can get some runs. I gotta give it up to Kawhi and Green though.. they responded in a HUGE way.

Spurs made a pact with the devil. Miami shooting 56%, but Spurs up by 18 and not even half time.

Edited by Eternal