Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Spurs made a pact with the devil. Miami shooting 56%, but Spurs up by 18 and not even half time.

I think that is the concern for the Spurs and Spurs fan in general, despite this ridiculous start, They are "Just" up by 18 so far. Giving Miami alot of room to make a run

Also I know they will not sustain this hot shooting, but this is not pure luck either. They've been getting open 3s and they are hitting them. After game 1 I said I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs continue shooting 50% from the field and hit many 3s in the series because they are getting open looks in most possessions.

Edited by sya
  • Like 1

Wow. 0.758 FG% at the half. Historic. Can the Heat cut this to like, 10 going into the 3rd?

21 point lead, I think the ideal think for Miami to do is cut it to 10-12 heading into the 4th. If they can cut the lead to single digits, I think they can push further even more.

For the Spurs, I know the run and gun has led to this big lead, but I think they have to change the pace in the 2nd half. Use the clock and no quick shots because those quick shots if they start missing and TOs are the last thing they need right now. Miami always makes a run off TOs

• Like 1

Chalmers is entering free agency too... not a good time to be off his game. you hope, and for the Heat's sake, he gets it going soon.

It's fun and a joy to watch Diaw play. No one wanted this guy 2 years ago then the Spurs signed him because he is Parker's best friend. And now, he is a key weapon for this team

Boris always had talent like I said before he got fat and hes work ethic was questionable.

He is still fat lol. ANd is so slow. Posting up and driving in slow motion. But such a high bball IQ

Down 11 going into the 4th. If you're the Heat, you've done a solid job overcoming that crazy 1st half scoring binge. Let's see how this ends.

Heat just don't look like they have enough gas left in the tank, took too much energy just to cut it down to what they have...

Heat just don't look like they have enough gas left in the tank, took too much energy just to cut it down to what they have...

I think you have to give credit to the SPurs for shutting down the 3 ball, that's why the heat can't make a run

I think you have to give credit to the SPurs for shutting down the 3 ball, that's why the heat can't make a run

Sure - I just think the Heat looked gassed at this point. Only a couple guys getting out on a fast breaks while many are lagging behind, because they're tired.

Empty seats with still 2 minutes in the game. LOL, no wonder Barkley said Miami fans don't deserve LBJ because they aren't real fans. And they all left in game 6 last year and Bosh told them not to come to game 7.

THis is the finals and I know fans from teams like OKC and SAC (back during the Webber days) would watch their team play to the end to show appreciation.

It's just like a random person watching a concert that he doesn't really like and the last song being performed isn't a major hit. "let's get to the exit gates before it becomes crowded"

Edited by sya
  • Like 2

Thank you Kawhi.

This game showed me this will probably go 7, but wow. What a game from Kawhi, and what a 1st 1/2 by my Spurs! GN all, sleeping well tonight as a Spurs fan, see ya manana FBB amigos.

• Like 1

Kawhi Leonard. He showed up big. He was the best player on the floor tonight. Green was having an otherworldly in-between game (who knew). Those two were called out, and they responded bigtime. On the other end, Chalmers continues to hurt the Heat. I'm cool with him not scoring, but wow, he gives the Heat no stability. It's time for Spo to send him to the bench and go with Tony Douglas. Onwards to Game 4.

Edited by StreetCred

Took back home court with the help of KAWHISENBERG. Great ball movement throughout the game for the offense, and very disruptive defense by Green and company set the tone. Kawhi put up a career game on offense while playing good D on the best player on this planet. Great game, can't wait for Thursday.

• Like 2