Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Listen to you Heat haters... you vultures know when to pounce. Before you drool at the carcass, give credit to the butcher.. they just dismantled the Heat and made them look bad for 2 games. This is what happens when you get dismantled.. you look bad. The Heat looked bad, but to say that "Wade and Bosh suck" really shows your maturity. Those guys are back-to-back champs, for crying out loud. The Heat just got beat by a better team. Give credit where credit is due.

I'm not even a Heat fan I just want a 7 games series :D

Well, if the Heat miraculously win Game 5, maybe...NOT.

Like I said earlier anytime there is a rematch finals, the team that lost the first time wins the second time.

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

• Like 3

Who gets the MVP award for Spurs?

Duncan not so good in last two but one last mvp before retirement or

Kawhi with last 2 performances or

Parker overall good in every game.

This guy

boris_dirty.jpg

I'm serious

• Like 3

Like I said earlier anytime there is a rematch finals, the team that lost the first time wins the second time.

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Exactly. Jordan didn't know what failure was like in the NBA Finals. Looks like LeBron is about to taste it for the 3rd time, 2 coming when he had all the help in the world.

Edited by Doctor L

I'd give it to Duncan. Steady presence. Groundhog day.

• Like 1

I hope it's Kawhi, I really feel like he was the difference in this series so far imo

One of the three. I guess it will go to whoever gets makes the best finish, puts the nail in the coffin. Definitely one of the three though.

As for Heat rebuilding, they seriously need a legit Center. Getting outrebounded every game by over 10 rebounds is just sad... Rebounds and second chance points are huge. You can't rely on 3pt shooting and creating turnovers, dominating the boards and great inside presence is a huge factor for winning. That's why you will here experts crying that the Center position is the most important position in basketball. The Heat also have terrible perimeter defense. They allow way too many open 3's because their backcourt has to move back, as they don't have a dominant inside force to stop bigs like Duncan and Splitter.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

Listen to you Heat haters... you vultures know when to pounce. Before you drool at the carcass, give credit to the butcher.. they just dismantled the Heat and made them look bad for 2 games. This is what happens when you get dismantled.. you look bad. The Heat looked bad, but to say that "Wade and Bosh suck" really shows your maturity. Those guys are back-to-back champs, for crying out loud. The Heat just got beat by a better team. Give credit where credit is due.

I am sorry bro. Maybe next year.

• Like 1

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Exactly. Jordan didn't know what failure was like in the NBA Finals. Looks like LeBron is about to taste it for the 3rd time, 2 coming when he had all the help in the world.

Well, Lebron's got several more years to make his legacy. Duncan didn't win everything, but he's persevered, and will finish as one of the best to ever do it. That's really all you can ever ask for.

I say give it to Duncan. Without Duncan I think the Heat will beat the Spurs. Without Parker or Kawhi I'm still not convinced Miami can beat the Spurs. Plus it's really a team effort so you give it to the guy who represents the team the most. And because he's Tim ****** Duncan.

• Like 3

I am sorry bro. Maybe next year.

Yep. Kinda excited for the offseason. The Heat did a solid job with this core roster - back-to-back rings, 4 trips to the Finals. This year, the wheels began to fall off.. their old reliables (Miller, Haslem, Battier) were either shipped or too old to perform. Wade with the rehab year. A tough year, for sure, but they did well. They've maxed out this roster, and now its time to start over, get younger legs to play their brand of defense.

One more. All the heartache, the breakdowns all of us Spurs fans have had seeing Ray Allen's shot on ESPN, all comes down to winning one more game and getting redemption. I think the level of competition in the West compared to the East has a substantial impact on these teams. The Spurs got tested every game and every game felt like a finals game, the Heat relatively coasted. Cannot wait for Sunday night and hopefully get to raise a fifth banner. God Bless and Go Spurs.

• Like 4

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

you missed the earlier discussion about that. but you're correct.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

As a Heat fan, I'm re-thinking the whole "Melo to the Heat" scenario.. it sounds exciting, but it might not work at all. WHO'S GOING TO DEFEND?!? The Heat need younger clone replacements of Haslem and Battier...Guys that can defend and hit the jumper or long ball. Get after a really young, solid guard/forward that can give Wade relief, and go after those "role player" types that can do the dirty work.

I say give it to Duncan. Without Duncan I think the Heat will beat the Spurs. Without Parker or Kawhi I'm still not convinced Miami can beat the Spurs. Plus it's really a team effort so you give it to the guy who represents the team the most. And because he's Tim ****** Duncan.

Duncan definitely has had the biggest impact in the game, even though the numbers don't show it. Imposes a huge disadvantage against the Miami in the paint, both as an offensive threat and as a defensive anchor.

As a Heat fan, I'm re-thinking the whole "Melo to the Heat" scenario.. it sounds exciting, but it might not work at all. WHO'S GOING TO DEFEND?!? The Heat need younger clone replacements of Haslem and Battier...Guys that can defend and hit the jumper or long ball. Get after a really young, solid guard/forward that can give Wade relief, and go after those "role player" types that can do the dirty work.

I think a good Center is all they need. A guy like Serge Ibaka would be perfect. And I guess they failed Oden as a project.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

One more. All the heartache, the breakdowns all of us Spurs fans have had seeing Ray Allen's shot on ESPN, all comes down to winning one more game and getting redemption. I think the level of competition in the West compared to the East has a substantial impact on these teams. The Spurs got tested every game and every game felt like a finals game, the Heat relatively coasted. Cannot wait for Sunday night and hopefully get to raise a fifth banner. God Bless and Go Spurs.

Bro, your Spurs played beautiful basketball in Miami. It's not just the beautiful offense. They took the Heat out of everything they do on the other end. It was a thorough dismantling. As a Heat fan, there is no shame in losing to the Spurs.

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Pretty sure Lebron is doing his part. Wade 3-13 , starting 1-10 and the starters shooting 32% "all the help in the world"? It's a team game. Wouldn't put this on Lebron, it is a team game...Spurs are looking like the much better team.

The last time Jordan lost a finals game was against Utah in 1998. The Bulls only scored 81 points and Tony Kukoc (30) scored more points than the other 4 Heat starters tonight.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Pretty sure Lebron is doing his part. Wade 3-13 , starting 1-10 and the starters shooting 32% "all the help in the world"? It's a team game. Wouldn't put this on Lebron, it is a team game...Spurs are looking like the much better team.

The last time Jordan lost a finals game was against Utah in 1998. The Bulls only scored 81 points and Tony Kukoc (30) scored more points than the other 4 Heat starters tonight.

LeBron has plenty of help now compared to Cleveland. He's made it to 4 straight finals, and is about to lose his 3rd NBA Finals. Jordan had help, and he dominated and never lost. Heat have no excuses.

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

LeBron has plenty of help now compared to Cleveland. He's made it to 4 straight finals, and is about to lose his 3rd NBA Finals. Jordan had help, and he dominated and never lost. Heat have no excuses.

Again, not saying Lebron is better than Jordan, that part is clear. However going from "all the help in the world" to changing your statement to "compared to Cleveland" is pretty ridiculous. Those are two separate and much different statements. Lebron is playing the best of anyone in the finals. It's tough to make a run to the finals 4 years in a row with virtually the same roster. Jordan took about 2 years off in between, believe me, it matters. The better team is winning.

• Like 2

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Did you even watch the games or are you just pulling crap out just so you can compare two guys from two different eras whom played in two different situations?

• Like 3

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Again, not saying Lebron is better than Jordan, that part is clear. However going from "all the help in the world" to changing your statement to "compared to Cleveland" is pretty ridiculous. Those are two separate and much different statements. Lebron is playing the best of anyone in the finals. It's tough to make a run to the finals 4 years in a row with virtually the same roster. Jordan took about 2 years off in between, believe me, it matters. The better team is winning.

I don't know, just weird how peolpe keep making sorry excuses for LeBron and his failures. He couldn't win in Cleveland, fine. I understand that. He cowardly teamed up with 2 big stars when they were in their primes and did great, but still found a way to blow vs the Mavs. in fact, that entire series he did nothing but disappear in the entire 4th quarter. I remember that very well because the media everywhere was bashing him for him not showing up in the 4th quarter at all. Now he's about to lose again, and people are making more excuses to defend him. He already lost his shot at being the best ever, mostly because Jordan never lost in the Finals, and didn't disappear in the 4th quarter.

• Like 3

1997-98 Bulls/Jazz?

Did you even watch the games or are you just pulling crap out just so you can compare two guys from two different eras whom played in two different situations?

People compare those 2 all the time. Blame ESPN and LeBron himself. He was the won who declared himself the chosen one, wore 23 and did the powder toss like Mike.

I don't know, just weird how peolpe keep making sorry excuses for LeBron and his failures. He couldn't win in Cleveland, fine. I understand that. He cowardly teamed up with 2 big stars when they were in their primes and did great, but still found a way to blow vs the Mavs. in fact, that entire series he did nothing but disappear in the entire 4th quarter. I remember that very well because the media everywhere was bashing him for him not showing up in the 4th quarter at all. Now he's about to lose again, and people are making more excuses to defend him. He already lost his shot at being the best ever, mostly because Jordan never lost in the Finals, and didn't disappear in the 4th quarter.

Cool Narrative Bro. 4 straight finals appearances and 2 rings, 4 MVPs. Yeah, he's not that good. Again, you're the only one arguing about Jordan in an NBA Finals thread for 2014 when nobody is arguing against you saying Lebron is better. Seriously, way too much Skip Baylessing for a rotoworld forum post.

• Like 2

Cool Narrative Bro. 4 straight finals appearances and 2 rings, 4 MVPs. Yeah, he's not that good. Again, you're the only one arguing about Jordan in an NBA Finals thread for 2014 when nobody is arguing against you saying Lebron is better. Seriously, way too much Skip Baylessing for a rotoworld forum post.

Cool way to twist words. I never said he wasn't great or not that good. Gotta love when people put false words into the mouth of others.

Anyway, I hope the Spurs finish this off.

And for the record. Skip Bayless like him or not, has said facts about LeBron.

"On Wednesday's show, I dared to place the bulk of the NBA Finals Game 3 blame on LeBron, who in the final three quarters contributed 8 points, 7 turnovers and zero free throw attempts and became strangely disengaged on offense, even as Miami cut a 25-point lead to seven late in the third quarter. My debate partner, Stephen A. Smith, condemned me for being "so disrespectful" and let LeBron off the hook by saying he "looked tired." The world's greatest and fittest athlete got tired after a sensational first quarter (14 points on 5-of-6 shooting, 2-for-2 on 3s, 2 free throws) of a pivotal Game 3 in His House?

Edited by Doctor L